Septic Tanks.

JAG

At the risk of upsetting our more sensitive readers, does anyone have any experience of emptying septic tanks? Not in person I hasten to add!

Our house was built some 15 years ago, and the septic tank is now full. As my wife puts it, in her sometimes eccentric but essentially logical English: "everybody pooh too much for a long time, now no room!"

My wife has looked high and low for someone with the means to empty it but to no avail. All that is suggested is to dig a new one. Whilst that is not outlandishly expensive, I would rather have it emptied. When I ultimately do shuffle from my mortal coil I would like my legacy to be something more than two (hopefully three !) holes full of ossified shit! That said, there are without a doubt some who might think that appropriate!

So if anyone has had it done, I would be grateful for information (and some idea of the cost). We live between Wiang Chai and Wiang Chiang Rung, some 25 km or so northeast of town, but I presume that any service provider is reasonably mobile!

Our house was built some 15 years ago, and the septic tank is now full. As my wife puts it, in her sometimes eccentric but essentially logical English: "everybody pooh too much for a long time, now no room!"

-after a certain period of initial use (usually one month) a septic tank is full, it stays full and is normally never emptied. that is if you have a septic tank and not a Thai engineered whole in the ground to accept your family's poo, pee and other discharges.

-when the septic tank is full the solids stay in the tank and oeverflowing liquid drains into another tank or a drain field where it percolates into the ground.

-in the septic tank mother nature with the help of several godzillions of bacteria are busy 24/7 to dissolve and liquify the solids that can be flushed out too.

question: what is your problem? toilets backing up? just the fact that your wife thinks you poo too much? or you think the tank should be emptied?

I guess your meaning, and you can see, that it's full of solids, rather than the liquid is at the top of the 'container'.

Why, ours got full and I was keen to get it pumped out until a relative explained (Thai engineer, good English), no need to pump out at all, The system will naturally continuously reduce the liquid level.

But he did say if it's definitely totally full of solids that's different and needs removal.

On 2/13/2019 at 9:31 AM, villagefarang said:

Gotta love the way people start topics and then disappear.  If the OP is not interested in the answers, why should we be bothered to respond?????

Sorry, I thought I had alerts set to follow the topic, but I had turned them off by mistake.

Thanks for the Tel no. 

As I left for school today my wife was negotiating with a chap she had sniffed out...

On 2/13/2019 at 9:48 AM, scorecard said:

I guess your meaning, and you can see, that it's full of solids, rather than the liquid is at the top of the 'container'.

Why, ours got full and I was keen to get it pumped out until a relative explained (Thai engineer, good English), no need to pump out at all, The system will naturally continuously reduce the liquid level.

But he did say if it's definitely totally full of solids that's different and needs removal.

It's full.

Archived