extension of stay

I went to Sarahkam immigration this morning to pick up my one year extension of stay.  My latest stamp in my passport expires in 3 days.  She gave me 30 days when she accepted all my documents.  My question to you is what happens in 3 days, she told my wife to call back in 2 days.  Will they just give me another extension of 30 days while we wait or do i need to get my ass to the airport.  Thanks!

to my understanding that is what the 30 day stamp was for.  A small update from immigration, she just told the wife that she believes there is a huge batch waiting on a senior immigration official to approve.  Told my wife she won't let me go into overstay, and we are to return on the 14th.  Wife seems to think she is going to give me another 30 days if my package has not come back approved by the 14th. 

I am also making a side plan to fly out late on the 14th to a near by country if necessary.

to my understanding that is what the 30 day stamp was for.  A small update from immigration, she just told the wife that she believes there is a huge batch waiting on a senior immigration official to approve.  Told my wife she won't let me go into overstay, and we are to return on the 14th.  Wife seems to think she is going to give me another 30 days if my package has not come back approved by the 14th. 

I am also making a side plan to fly out late on the 14th to a near by country if necessary.
How can you fly out if they have your passport?

They Don't have my passport.  I have it.  I applied for my 4th extension of stay based upon marriage, submitted my documents, they were all accepted.  Immigration then gave me a 30 day extension while we wait for the new extension to be approved by Bangkok.  That 30 day extension is up in 3 days. My extension approval has not come back from Bangkok yet.  So i guess on the 14th, the day of expiration i will go back to Immigration and see what they will do.  I thought someone might have gone through this before.  Which is why i asked here.

2 minutes ago, jimmyyy said:

They Don't have my passport.  I have it.  I applied for my 4th extension of stay based upon marriage, submitted my documents, they were all accepted.  Immigration then gave me a 30 day extension while we wait for the new extension to be approved by Bangkok.  That 30 day extension is up in 3 days. My extension approval has not come back from Bangkok yet.  So i guess on the 14th, the day of expiration i will go back to Immigration and see what they will do.  I thought someone might have gone through this before.  Which is why i asked here.

Someone in same situation will be along to advise. Personally I wouldn't be leaving los. Your imm office seems to have it covered and sound like working with you and wife. Best just seek their advice prior to 14th. Good luck.

• Thanks 1

To the OP - I concur with the advice above; I don't think you have anything to worry about.  But I do have a question:  This is your fourth such annual extension; what happened the last three times ?  I believe that Mahasarakham has to send marriage extensions to Khon Kaen for approval, and that is what the 30 day Under Consideration period is for.

The last three times my new extension came through prior to the 30 days being up. I simply went to immigration a few days before the 30 days expired and was given the 1 year extension. This is the first time the approval of extension has taken this long.  Now, the stamp in my passport runs out (my thirty day extension while paperwork is approved) on the 14th, so i don't know what will happen when i got back on the 14th.   She said they are sent to Bangkok, but who knows..

Edited by jimmyyy

4 hours ago, jimmyyy said:

Now, the stamp in my passport runs out (my thirty day extension while paperwork is approved) on the 14th, so i don't know what will happen when i got back on the 14th.

Nothing if it is not ready. The under consideration stamp allows you to stay until your extension is approved. They will not do a new stamp since it not needed.

It is sent to Division 4 headquarters in Khon Kaen for approval not to Bangkok. 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, jimmyyy said:

They just say come back in another 30 days.

Before switching to retirement extensions this last time I used Thai Wife extensions and always got an under consideration stamp. Over the years my extension approval has taken up to 35 days but usually within the 30 days the IO told me to come back. Check with them to see how your extension is doing but do not worry if it takes more than 30 days.

• Like 1