GOAL to Broadcast UEFA Champions League LIVE on Twitter in Global First

webfact

GOAL to Broadcast UEFA Champions League LIVE on Twitter in Global First

presnel-kimpembe-psg_19wboyhvex11d1gkv7obwlt9v4.jpg

BANGKOK, 13 February 2019 Goal, the worlds largest online football destination, today announced a new collaboration with Twitter to broadcast the UEFA Champions League Round of 16 games live to Twitter users in Thailand, Philippines, Cambodia, and Laos. The four games will be available for free to logged-in and logged-out users on Twitter on connected devices in Thailand, Philippines, Cambodia, and Laos via Goals Thai Twitter account @Goal_TH.

Twitter will be the exclusive social live stream platform for the following games:

• Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) v Borussia Dortmund (@BVB), 14 February, 3am in Thailand
  • Liverpool (@LFC) v Bayern Munich (@FCBayern), 20 February, 3am in Thailand
  • Paris Saint-Germain (@PSG_inside) v Manchester United (@ManUtd), 7 March, 3am in Thailand
  • Manchester City (@ManCity) v Schalke 04 (@s04), 13 March, 3am in Thailand

Highlights of all Round 16 games will also be made available to Twitter users in Thailand, Philippines, Cambodia, Laos, Singapore, Malaysia, and Brunei. Live and on-demand coverage of all the matches will also be streamed on the Goal website in the region.

James Dickens, Goals Head of Content, said, We are delighted to extend the live broadcast of this years UEFA Champions League onto Twitter for four key Round of 16 games. This will allow as many fans as possible in Thailand, Cambodia, Laos and the Philippines to enjoy these high-stakes games between some of the best supported teams in the region.

Maurizio  Barbieri, Head of Sports Partnerships for Southeast Asia at Twitter, said: Football doesnt get much bigger than the business end of the UEFA Champions League, so we couldnt be more excited to be teaming up with Goal to bring live broadcasts of these massive matches to Twitter. Looking at the levels of conversation on Twitter, football fans in our region are some of the most engaged and passionate on the planet, so its fitting that the matches are being streamed in this way.

For more updates, visit Goal or follow them on Twitter at @Goal_TH.

5 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

At least Goal and Twitter realise the value of the competion and have stepped into the void left by True Visions who have dropped the service. As they have the Europa League. As they have lost the Premier League for the next three years.

I don't think True Visions had a choice regarding the Champions League did they? It was my understanding that Bein were no longer making it available in Thailand, although I could be wrong.

I didn't know that they had lost Premier League for the next 3 years, is there another provider in Thailand that's picking it up?

26 minutes ago, nahkit said:

I don't think True Visions had a choice regarding the Champions League did they? It was my understanding that Bein were no longer making it available in Thailand, although I could be wrong.

I didn't know that they had lost Premier League for the next 3 years, is there another provider in Thailand that's picking it up?

https://www.engadget.com/2018/07/05/facebook-broadcast-live-premier-league-games-asia/

7 hours ago, nahkit said:

If Goal and Twitter can provide CL presumably without using Bein then why can't True Visions? True has blamed someone else (Bein) as that is the Thai way. Nothing to do with True not seeking an alternative source.
As for Premier League, Facebook has the rights for the next three years for Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. They picked it up for what is less than loose change for them, $200 million. My guess is that they are testing it out before making a bid to provide it in other countries. Amazon also has the rights to, I think, 10 or 12 PL matches next December in the UK. Times are changing.
I have no idea if FB is going to provide the PL free or if they will come up with some method of paying for it.

14 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

If Goal and Twitter can provide CL presumably without using Bein then why can't True Visions? True has blamed someone else (Bein) as that is the Thai way. Nothing to do with True not seeking an alternative source.
As for Premier League, Facebook has the rights for the next three years for Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. They picked it up for what is less than loose change for them, $200 million. My guess is that they are testing it out before making a bid to provide it in other countries. Amazon also has the rights to, I think, 10 or 12 PL matches next December in the UK. Times are changing.
I have no idea if FB is going to provide the PL free or if they will come up with some method of paying for it.

In terms of football, that has to be the worst news I've ever heard. I absolutely hate social media and refuse to get involved. The idea that I can't watch the English premier league without surrendering my details to Facebook is abhorrent to me.

A few years ago I said to some friends that I thought that ultimately the premier league would kill itself in it's endless quest for money, in my opinion, selling the rights to Facebook and Amazon is the first step to self-destruction.

12 hours ago, nahkit said:

In terms of football, that has to be the worst news I've ever heard. I absolutely hate social media and refuse to get involved. The idea that I can't watch the English premier league without surrendering my details to Facebook is abhorrent to me.

A few years ago I said to some friends that I thought that ultimately the premier league would kill itself in it's endless quest for money, in my opinion, selling the rights to Facebook and Amazon is the first step to self-destruction.

Sorry if this is repeated. I thought I'd replied but it's missing.

You may hate social media but you are in a minority. Many companies use FB now instead of having a website. This site is social media of a sort. But I understand where you're coming from.

I and others are able to watch all the football by other means. PM me if you are interested and I'll tell you more.

On 2/14/2019 at 5:43 PM, nahkit said:

FB probably already have everything they need to know about you already...

24 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Has anybody watched any of these games through Twatter ?

No but I'm stuck in a hotel that isn't loading BeIN very well. Is this event only for the SEA countries mentioned?

lazy me I see it is only that region

Archived