Light fingered foreigners on the rampage in Krabi

webfact

23 minutes ago, Xonax said:

Except that Saharat means USA in Thai language.  But could probably also be a Thai name.

in this case it is a thai name, I have a friend name saharat. You would be surprise how many thai parents name their kids random things as real names.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Charlie1 said:

You'd be making big eyes if you really knew with how much money Thais are walking around. At least more than most stupid farangs who think they're the only ones with money here. What a totally corrupted and condescending view you have on Thai people! 

Well if that's so, why do i have to buy the drinks all the time, pay for the sick buffallo, burn the grandad and pay for everything imaginable...... Oh i forgot, Thais are so clever........ My rear end !  Tight's the word...... As a ducks bum.....

1 minute ago, whaleboneman said:

My small bag is for dirty laundry, a book and water. All valuables(except wallet and passport)go in the big bag. Thieves normally go after the small bag.

That's why after that little lesson everything goes onboard with me, regardless of the bus wallahs..... They'd rifled through my wash bag and stole my aftershave, razor blades, pocket knife, etc,etc....... Passport's always close by along with wallet..... But hey, if you want to root through my dirty laundry, then whatever flicks your switch...... Apparently it's big business at the airports now in Thailand.....

7 minutes ago, whaleboneman said:

My small bag is for dirty laundry, a book and water. All valuables(except wallet and passport)go in the big bag. Thieves normally go after the small bag.

He said the big bags in storage were robbed. Keep valuables with you.

7 hours ago, SammyT said:

Definitely not excusing the theft - I hope they get caught and spend some time in prison thinking about it, but I wonder if old mate often carries the equivalent of ten days wages around with him or whether he saw a chance to get some compensation if the thief is caught...

yep it is a bit much for a 21 year old thai sailor it is more like 15 days

18 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Well if that's so, why do i have to buy the drinks all the time, pay for the sick buffallo, burn the grandad and pay for everything imaginable...... Oh i forgot, Thais are so clever........ My rear end !  Tight's the word...... As a ducks bum.....

perhaps because you are the classical walking ATM?

3 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

Sorry for not understanding your post but the owner of the bag is a twenty-one years old American man!

Sorry for not understanding your post, Tchoopit.   The owner of the bag has a Thai ID.   Don't see any mention of America or Americans of any type in this report

20 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

That's why after that little lesson everything goes onboard with me, regardless of the bus wallahs..... They'd rifled through my wash bag and stole my aftershave, razor blades, pocket knife, etc,etc....... Passport's always close by along with wallet..... But hey, if you want to root through my dirty laundry, then whatever flicks your switch...... Apparently it's big business at the airports now in Thailand.....

Airports, nonsense.

But on those tourist buses: yes, has been the case for 25+ years now.

37 minutes ago, Charlie1 said:

You'd be making big eyes if you really knew with how much money Thais are walking around. At least more than most stupid farangs who think they're the only ones with money here. What a totally corrupted and condescending view you have on Thai people! 

Thailand has the biggest disparagy  In the world between rich and poor. There certainly  are rich Thais but your average somchai is piss poor and takes any opportunity to get money no matter what

2 hours ago, SammyT said:

"

A man in a white t-shirt and shorts was caught on onboard CCTV lifting a bag belonging to Saharat, 21.

He later reported the loss of the bag to the police - it contained his Thai ID, a phone, an ATM card and 5,000 baht among many other items. "

It contained his Thai ID and his name was Saharat. Not exactly hallmarks of an American. 

Here is a copy/paste of what was written on the link given: Sanook...If they wrote a different thing not my fault

Mr. Somkiat, Managing Director One of the famous tour boat companies The owner of the ship said that the victim was a 21-year-old US citizen who, after the incident on the afternoon of February 12, had reported to Ao Nang and informed the tourist police. In order to keep track of such tourists In which the bag contains wallets, ID cards, ATM cards, mobile phone chargers, books, perfume and many other items Including cash available at 5,000 baht

2 hours ago, bkkgriz said:

A 21 year old American with a Thai ID? Seems very unlikely.

2d time) Here is a copy/paste of what was written on the link given: Sanook...If they wrote a different thing not my fault

Mr. Somkiat, Managing Director One of the famous tour boat companies The owner of the ship said that the victim was a 21-year-old US citizen who, after the incident on the afternoon of February 12, had reported to Ao Nang and informed the tourist police. In order to keep track of such tourists In which the bag contains wallets, ID cards, ATM cards, mobile phone chargers, books, perfume and many other items Including cash available at 5,000 baht

2 hours ago, LoS itaint said:

Where did you gleam that info? My understanding is that the victim is a Thai national

I read it on the link given: Sanook, not gleam it anywhere third answer in case the two other ignored :biggrin:

Here is a copy/paste of what was written on the link given: Sanook...If they wrote a different thing not my fault

"Mr. Somkiat, Managing Director One of the famous tour boat companies The owner of the ship said that the victim was a 21-year-old US citizen who, after the incident on the afternoon of February 12, had reported to Ao Nang and informed the tourist police. In order to keep track of such tourists In which the bag contains wallets, ID cards, ATM cards, mobile phone chargers, books, perfume and many other items Including cash available at 5,000 baht"

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, SammyT said:

"

A man in a white t-shirt and shorts was caught on onboard CCTV lifting a bag belonging to Saharat, 21.

He later reported the loss of the bag to the police - it contained his Thai ID, a phone, an ATM card and 5,000 baht among many other items. "

It contained his Thai ID and his name was Saharat. Not exactly hallmarks of an American. 

OK I will answer for the fourth time and the last one :tongue:

Here is a copy/paste of what was written on the link given: Sanook...If they wrote a different thing not my fault

2 minutes ago, LoS itaint said:

55555 Just a suggestion for you, why don’t you allow common sense to prevail, no matter what you copy/paste the victim, Saharat, who has a Thai ID card is a Thai, over & out!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I copy/paste to show people that I did, in fact, read on Sanook it was an American the owner of the bag, no mention at all of what you and other said.  They wrote the owner was an American at the time I did read it so please with your common sense... grrrr I have no Christal ball.

Then probably a few hours later they learnt the owner was a Thai. So now give me a rest:lock:

Do they have visas allowing them to work or is this an occupation specifically reserved for Thais, who are very well versed in it. They just hate foreigners nicking their jobs. No sorry they just hate foreigners full stop.

I hate to say this, but look at the ethnicity of the offenders in the Photo, .... Not my People ! and that is for sure !!! (

Like thieves have been ripping people off just Blind !!! for Years in places like Italy, and I know a guy that got robed twice in one day in Barcelona !!! ... Maybe their obviously pretty relaxed villeins, ...  are all just getting richer now, and can make it to Thailand ? For easier pickings ?

.... A Woman Friend, of an EX Friend of mine, is going to meet him in Australia and when I was helping me fill out the Visa application, ... as the Ex Friend is working there, and is not here, .... she pulled a wad of Australian bank notes out of her hand bag !!! ... About 3 Inches Thick !!! ... Like 200,000 to 300,000 B worth + !!! .... I neatly fell over !!! .... "Wow"  I said, .... but after a bit of a discussion on concealed Money belts, .... I thought about it, ... and said "Well you might be able to look after that here in Thailand, .... But I would give it straight to your boy friend in Australia, ....  as soon as he meets you at the Airport !!! .... Like I thought, ... Much more chance of her, when being out of her element, loosing it in Australian than here. .... 

8 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

I copy/paste to show people that I did, in fact, read on Sanook it was an American the owner of the bag, no mention at all of what you and other said.  They wrote the owner was an American at the time I did read it so please with your common sense... grrrr I have no Christal ball.

Then probably a few hours later they learnt the owner was a Thai. So now give me a rest:lock:

Yeah the books and perfume were a dead giveaway.

12 hours ago, LoS itaint said:

Where did you gleam that info? My understanding is that the victim is a Thai national

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I think he gleamed it from the Sanook report ............. "Mr. Somkiat, Managing Director One of the famous tour boat companies The owner of the ship said that the victim was a 21-year-old US citizen  "

Archived