Small Private Airfield In Pattaya.

Chopper

Somewhere not far off the Sukhumvit Road is a small private airfield. There is a junction possibly between North and South Pattaya and the airfield is about 3-5 clicks up one of those roads from memory. If anyone can provide more accurate directions it would be appreciated.

Somewhere not far off the Sukhumvit Road is a small private airfield. There is a junction possibly between North and South Pattaya and the airfield is about 3-5 clicks up one of those roads from memory. If anyone can provide more accurate directions it would be appreciated.

Hi Chopper.....this 'airfield' is suitable for nothing more than a 'microlite'. The access road is south of Theprasit Road, almost opposite Tesco Lotus in South Pattaya. Go up the rise and, as you say, it's about 3-5 kilometres from the Sukhumvit Road. The area is part of a small recreation centre with bungalows for rent; there is also a sailing lake there. (Bangroomrang Lake..or something like that)!!!

Hi Chopper.....this 'airfield' is suitable for nothing more than a 'microlite'. The access road is south of Theprasit Road, almost opposite Tesco Lotus in South Pattaya. Go up the rise and, as you say, it's about 3-5 kilometres from the Sukhumvit Road. The area is part of a small recreation centre with bungalows for rent; there is also a sailing lake there. (Bangroomrang Lake..or something like that)!!!

the have a cessna 206 and 172 there and the runway is a lot better than some of the country strips i have been on in australia

Thanks for quick response.

Humphrey Bear that is what I need it for a Microlite. Artisan Hi, thanks for the directions. :o

find all the details at

http://www.pattayaairpark.com/

inluding the aerial photos

:D

That's interesting Sinom.......but it's not the one that I was thinking of!!! The one in your posting really looks the business and much more elaborate than the "microlite field" that I was referring to!! It seems to many people, certainly me, that the longer that you live in Pattaya, the less you know about it!!!

Pattaya Airpark is a 560 meter paved runway due east of Ocean Marina in Jomtien, near Phoenix Golf Course. Eastern Flying Club is 4 km east of Tesco Lotus on soi 87 and features microlight, paramotor, and also small planes. It has recently been lengthened to approx. 450 meters and is HS registered, so it is not limited to ultralights. PM me for a phone number or google Eastern Flying Club for their website or look at thaiflyingclub.com for link. I just flew there last week from Cha-am and kept my plane in a hanger there for 5 days before returning home across the bay yesterday.

If you turn on to soi 87 and drive about 4 km inland you will see a large white water tower on your right. At the next road (soi 15, I believe) turn left (there is a sign for the airstrip, I believe) and go about 1 kilometer and turn left again into the airport. More likely to see someone flying fairly early in the morning when winds are light. You can hire a ride in a microlight or a small plane for a scenic flight of the Pattaya area.

Edited by mdeland

If you turn on to soi 87 and drive about 4 km inland you will see a large white water tower on your right. At the next road (soi 15, I believe) turn left (there is a sign for the airstrip, I believe) and go about 1 kilometer and turn left again into the airport. More likely to see someone flying fairly early in the morning when winds are light. You can hire a ride in a microlight or a small plane for a scenic flight of the Pattaya area.

mdeland, Thanks for the directions that is the one that I am looking for.

sinom, like Artisan wrote I too did not know of the existance of the Pattaya Air Park. Looks impressive!