Looking for a good weatherproof socket box.

JaiMaai

I'm looking for a weatherproof electric socket box where I can plug in a water pump and then fully close the lid with some kind of seal around the flex.

No luck in Home Hub or Home Pro so far. Maybe Global might have them (?) but I could do without another wasted trip.

Any ideas? (Khon Kaen city)

I've seen the kind of thing I want on Lazada but the pictures all show UK type sockets.

I have some hen's teeth and rocking horse droppings.

Our outlets that are truly ouside in the weather are in the small plastic boxes with doors, they stay nice and dry.

This is one of the bigger ones (been repurposed), it's also been in the garden for some time ????

20190224_140356.jpg

20190224_140410.jpg

I've got a box already with a plan to do something very similar to your pictures but I was hoping to find something better.

I'm feeling a bit happier now that it should be adequate after reading your comments.

[emoji3]

45 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I have 6 in various parts of the outside verandas, all from Home Pro.  They have a good selection. 

It was a while back, but I failed miserably at HomePro (Rangsit), are these the type that stay weatherproof with a plug inserted?

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

It was a while back, but I failed miserably at HomePro (Rangsit), are these the type that stay weatherproof with a plug inserted?

Mine are not, but they have others that are protected with an appliance plugged in. Have you got a 'Mega Home' near you, they have a good range too. 

Did a similar project a few years ago, it works ok for two outside pumps and work light in a semi-protected area. To remove the pump male plugs, the large plastic washers can be unscrewed and everything drops out with the w/t cord clamps still attached.

I think Crossy's Heavy Plastic box is a better option for the enclosure.  Here, everything is grounded locally and goes through an individual RCBO. The Aliexpress.com option looks like an excellent solution.

Cheers!

IMG_5964.thumb.jpg.e6344e1b9b0b493331723949fe6860dc.jpgIMG_5963.thumb.jpg.16b07cabacecefec8dd9569b6ec03f03.jpg

On 2/24/2019 at 2:07 PM, Crossy said:

I have some hen's teeth and rocking horse droppings.

Our outlets that are truly ouside in the weather are in the small plastic boxes with doors, they stay nice and dry.

This is one of the bigger ones (been repurposed), it's also been in the garden for some time ????

20190224_140356.jpg

20190224_140410.jpg

i like the plugs are they 3 pin, and is that a small lit area at the top of the plug

Just now, steve187 said:

i like the plugs are they 3 pin, and is that a small lit area at the top of the plug

Those particular plugs are only 2-pin, there is a 3-pin version, both are from Haco (P001 and P002). Get them in HomePro and the like, Tesco have them on occasion.

Yes they have neon pilot lights.

They have these at Global House as well - a nice selection even. Staff denied knowledge of, the first time around. When spotted on the shelf and shown them, we were treated to a rather creative game show of "what it's really for". Our builder doesn't care much for these anyway, and prefers to make his own from other plastic containers.

Archived