Donald Trump, 'Holmes & Watson' win Razzie worst film awards

rooster59

Donald Trump, 'Holmes & Watson' win Razzie worst film awards

800x800 (1).jpg

U.S. President Donald Trump speaks at the National African American History Month Reception at the White House in Washington, U.S., February 21, 2019. REUTERS/Jim Young

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump and a comedic movie take on Sherlock Holmes on Saturday topped the annual Razzie awards for the worst performances and films of 2018.

"Holmes & Watson," starring Will Ferrell and John. C. Reilly, was the biggest "winner," taking four trophies including worst film and "worst rip-off." Reilly also was named worst supporting actor in what Razzie founder John Wilson called the "clueless parody" of the classic British detective tale.

The tongue-in-cheek Razzies, created in 1980, serve as an antidote to Hollywood's Oscars. Winners were announced a day before Sunday's Academy Awards ceremony - the highest honors in the movie industry.

Trump won two worst actor Razzies for appearing as himself in the 2018 documentaries "Death of a Nation," from conservative film maker Dinesh D'Souza, and liberal Michael Moore's "Fahrenheit 11/9."

White House aide Kellyanne Conway was voted worst supporting actress for her archival footage in "Fahrenheit 11/9."

In an unusual twist, Melissa McCarthy was deemed worst actress, for her puppet comedy "The Happytime Murders," as well as getting the Razzie Redeemer Award for her Oscar-nominated role in literary drama "Can You Ever Forgive Me?"

"Gotti," about late New York Mafia boss John Gotti, escaped with no "wins" despite getting six nominations, including worst picture, actor and "worst screen combo" for stars John Travolta and his wife, Kelly Preston.

Nominees and winners of the Razzies are voted for online by around 1,000 Razzie members from 24 countries, who sign up online and pay a $40 membership fee.

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-02-23

My guess is that even though this is just a big joke, and Trump did not actually appear in any features films, he will take great offense to this, request an investigation into the Razzies, ask who is responsible for them, and how can such an event take place. After all, nobody should criticize, nor make fun of a this great man. He desperately wants to be loved, complimented, approved of, and praised to a rather bizarre extent.

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

My guess is that even though this is just a big joke, and Trump did not actually appear in any features films, he will take great offense to this, request an investigation into the Razzies, ask who is responsible for them, and how can such an event take place. After all, nobody should criticize, nor make fun of a this great man. He desperately wants to be loved, complimented, approved of, and praised to a rather bizarre extent.

quote "After all, nobody should criticize, nor make fun of a this great man. He desperately wants to be loved, complimented, approved of, and praised to a rather bizarre extent."

I hope that he is holding his breath for a long time, waiting for a nomination.

10 minutes ago, billd766 said:

quote "After all, nobody should criticize, nor make fun of a this great man. He desperately wants to be loved, complimented, approved of, and praised to a rather bizarre extent."

I hope that he is holding his breath for a long time, waiting for a nomination.

he has bigger EGO than the ones (all combined) at Mount Rushmore

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

He is a walking advert for ADD syndrome.

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

And somehow he will twist the evil mueller into his tirade.

3 hours ago, car720 said:

He is a walking advert for ADD syndrome.

Excitement was in the air from the minority band of supporters for the coming of this new Messiah, nay not just a Messiah, but the saviour of the Western world and maybe the whole world, who would bring peace and prosperity throughout.

Someone who was honest, clean and clear in thought, word and deed and who treated all folk alike; someone who was intelligent and had a good grasp of politics and the importance of strategic alliances, and someone who would never let a lie pass his lips.

And when the time came people would hang on his every word and look for hidden meanings in his preaching, and lo and behold he stepped forth and delivered what his supporters were waiting to hear, when he said, "Corfefe".

Yeah right.........what the world got was an orange-faced, dumb, overweight, racist and misogynist who could not stop lying.

Oh well, better luck next time.

7 hours ago, neeray said:

But still, it's free publicity and Donald loves being centre-stage. He holds every award for providing the best presidential comedic fodder ever. You're a genius Donald.

That's not Trump.  That's Alec Baldwin.  :cheesy:

12 hours ago, scorecard said:

It's not my opinion that Mueller is evil but it's my observation that trump thinks he's evil and on  a witch hunt.

Perhaps my first comment was not well explained.  

Thank you for the explanation. I was fighting to stay awake when I answered you. Fortunately I lost the battle and went to bed shortly afterwards.????

39 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Thank you for the explanation. I was fighting to stay awake when I answered you. Fortunately I lost the battle and went to bed shortly afterwards.????

39 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Now we wait to see what gems come out of the summit in Hanoi.

I'm visiting Hanoi from early March, I'll ask my MBA students for some comments (It's an executive leadership MBA, the students are all Vietnamese, about early 30s to mid 40s, some a little older, 90% are working CEOs mid size to very large companies / organizations, most have education abroad and perfect English), I always get good balanced comments & insights from these students. 

I'll share anything interesting.

Archived