Airport Taxes: Bkk, Tpe, Del (frequent Flier [free] Ticket)

jinjok

I am cashing in some chits and going for a ff ticket to india. china air says that i must pay us106 in taxes (in usa). i guess that includes tpe and it may include del (i forget but im almost pos you have to pay tax at the airport). my question for you guys is with the new airport are the fees finally included (b700)? i doubt it becasue how could anyone skim the cash?! :o

thanks -

I am cashing in some chits and going for a ff ticket to india. china air says that i must pay us106 in taxes (in usa). i guess that includes tpe and it may include del (i forget but im almost pos you have to pay tax at the airport). my question for you guys is with the new airport are the fees finally included (b700)? i doubt it becasue how could anyone skim the cash?! :o

thanks -

If your ticket is issued after Feb 1 normaly the Bangkok airport tax is included

Look for TH and an amount in US$ equivalent to 700 baht on your ticket

Lots of airlines make you pay the fuel surcharge on "free" award tickets. Not exactly an honest business practice in my book, but it's very common. Sounds like China Air is just another one that does this as an underhanded way of making more money.