Udon Thani officials inspect storm damage after lemon-sized hailstones hit 700 homes

snoop1130

Udon Thani officials inspect storm damage after lemon-sized hailstones hit 700 homes

By Seksanti Kalayanawisut 
The Nation

927474184b996e1979e850ba6c12dc34.jpeg

Udon Thani provincial authorities on Tuesday inspected around 700 homes in Mueang, Phen, Ban Phue, Si That and Kumphawapi districts that were damaged in a hailstorm on Monday night.

At Tambon Nikhom Songkhro in Mueang district, Udon Thani deputy governor Pramote Thanyapheud led officials to aid affected residents – two of whom had suffered slight injuries from lemon-sized hailstones – and inspect property damage.

Most of the damaged properties had punctured roofs and/or fallen trees, with some areas experiencing blown-away advertising billboards, traffic signs and election posters.

Ban Nong Lak resident Monreudee Phasing, 35, recalled that there had been heavy rain at 10pm on Monday, followed by gusty winds and a 10-minute hailstorm. 

“Some of the hailstones were as big as a lemon and they punctured my roof. The subsequent blackout left us in the dark, soaked by rain inside our own home,” she said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30364804

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-02-26

Is that 'lemon' as in western 'lemon' or is that 'lemon' as in Thai 'lemon' , which is really a 'lime' ?  Either one is impressive as a size comparison but my limes are the size of a lemon,  in europe or America. Brexit may change that comparison, I don't know yet.

Archived