Temporary Extension Question

My Non-O marriage visa from Savannakhet has expired - but I have a passport stamp from Mae Sai
valid until March 15th. I realised, a bit late, that my UK passport was nearly full and not enough room
for all the stamps and visas for the annual visa run to Savannakhet.
So I have applied for a new passport - but I am concerned I won't get it before the 15th.

Can I get a temporary extension to my existing non-O marriage visa at Chiang Mai immigration?
- that will give me enough time to get the new passport and then I can go to Savannakhet for a
new visa

If so, what do I ask for and what documents, if any, would I need?
If not, what is the best option?
Thanks

You can apply for a 60 day extension of your 90 day entry to visit your wife.

She will need to be with you when you apply.

You will need your marriage certificate plus a copy and copies of you wife's ID card and house book registry.

You will need proof of your address and/or a TM30 report if you have not done one already.

Ok many thanks for the advice.

No problem for everything except proof of address - nothing is in my name and I don't know about TM30 report - what is it? Is that something I will need to do before going to request the extension?

Immigration already know my address - they came for a verification visit a few weeks ago and took lots of photos

Thanks for the information. My wife can easily show proof of address.

I did an out/in trip at Mae Sai/Tachileik in December to get the extra 90 days just before the non-O visa expired and I put my usual address on the TM6 card as I have done many times. The border immigration official was a woman and asked several questions about where exactly I stayed and how long had I stayed there and demanded my Thai phone number before she eventually stamped me in again. Never had that experience before at Mae Sai in the past 10 years. A few days later, immigration police turned up at my home with local police and said it was just a routine visit for verification of residence address. They were very friendly, insisted there was no problem, took some photos of me and of me standing with them in front of the house, but none with my wife, and then they left. Hopefully, it is all on the computer system and they won't bother me again

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Why did they come to your house and take the photos?

They did the same thing for me when I first applied for an extension, and wanted to meet one of my witnesses in person as well, they also took photos. I thought that was standard practice on someones first extension?

12 minutes ago, ocddave said:

They did the same thing for me when I first applied for an extension, and wanted to meet one of my witnesses in person as well, they also took photos. I thought that was standard practice on someones first extension?

He did not mention getting an extension. Only that he is on a 90 day entry from a non-o visa.