A Good Cause--help The Dogs.

stevemcqueen

[Moderator's note: we don't post links to other forums on ThaiVisa.com. Steve wants us to know that the dog rescue center (the private one) is a good cause to support, and could use some aid. I'm not sure we allow direct calls for help (but then there are some great charities in Pattaya that get plugged, too), but surely Hua Hin needs to keep the dogs healthy and cared for.]

[Moderator's note: we don't post links to other forums on ThaiVisa.com. Steve wants us to know that the dog rescue center (the private one) is a good cause to support, and could use some aid. I'm not sure we allow direct calls for help (but then there are some great charities in Pattaya that get plugged, too), but surely Hua Hin needs to keep the dogs healthy and cared for.]

Then wouldn't it be possible to provide more information about this, what aid is needed and how it can be provided?

Its all a bit vague.

I can't see why this should be a problem for the forum?

Then wouldn't it be possible to provide more information about this, what aid is needed and how it can be provided?

Its all a bit vague.

I can't see why this should be a problem for the forum?

I'm the person who posted the OP on the other forum (different username, same person). I'm the manager of Hua Hin Dog Rescue Center (HHDRC). I specifically asked permission from admin on the other forum, and I haven't here, which is why I haven't posted on TV about our problems. I'll outline the problems, briefly & if mods or admin have a problem with anything I've put, please edit it - thanks.

HHDRC has been going for 5 years, my Mum & I have run it for three & a half. When we took over, there were 35 healthy dogs, we now have 140 in various conditions. Our aims are to rescue sick & injured dogs from the streets (we don't take healthy dogs), get them well, neuter & vaccinate them, then we do one of three things depending on the individual dog's situation: release them back to their territory, rehome them, or keep them (with a view to rehoming them - or in very rare cases [severe chronic illnesses, behavioral problems, paraplegic dogs etc] with a view to caring for them for the rest of their lives) Since we've been going, we've never had a consistent funding. We've had donations, some of them very generous & we've done fundraisers, but we've never had money we can count on every month. Our running costs average at 50,000 bt per month (can be more if we treat a lot of dogs, as we also treat dogs on the street & dogs belonging to Thais who can't afford medical treatment). When we have a shortfall in money, Mum & I make it up with our own. Last year we funded the center for 7 months. The problem is that now the center has no money & neither do we.

So, basically, on the other forum I was asking for help - for fundraising ideas, for money, for food for the dogs, for volunteers to man our charity shop, for people to adopt a dog, for anything which would mean that we wouldn't have to close & condemn 140 dogs to an uncertain future. Also, in the near future, HHDRC (along with a BKK based doggy non-profit org) are hoping to start a neuter & release programme in HH, to help reduce the stray problem. We'd take in a minimum of 40 dogs a month from streets, temples, beaches etc, keep them for a week, neuter them, vaccinate them, kill parasites & release them back to their territories. Plans like this will not happen if we have to close.

So, if anyone on here can help out or has any ideas, please let me know. Thanks so much.

The other site mentioned is awfull, its made up of about 7 moderators 15 sponsors 10 ex pats and 10 postee's. If you upset one they ban you, the above can say and do the same but nothing happens. They are all backstabbing the local's, just bar and bar girl talk or silly competitions about bar names.

There are orphaned children that need help here in this Country, the orphanage's are run by Thai's so do not have the expense of keeping a farrang and her family on her mission with dog's.

Do you have a WP and Visa???

Edited by tywais
Removed personal name by request

I'm assuming from the above that you've been banned by that forum & have a grudge, Bonaparte?

Please do not imply or state things that you know nothing about. The dog center is not supporting me or my son. My mother is working in HK & sending me money. I do not earn a salary & do not take a satang from the center. In fact one of the reasons my mother is in HK is that we ran out of money by paying singlehandedly for the center for 7 months last year (among other things)

I agree there are a lot of worthy causes out there. I personally support, as much as I can, a local home for the "disabled" and an orphanage. Which orphanage is it that you support? It might be the same one. I am always happy to hear of someone giving to charity, no matter which cause they support. There are too many people that just moan, but give nothing to anyone. Good for you, that you're one of the ones helping.

As for my visa etc, I don't see that that is your business. However, not answering through principle, would just serve to add fuel to your fire, so, yes, I'm here perfectly legally - correct paperwork on the strength of the center. Thank you for your interest in that.

Sad that such a moronic troll as bonaparte is allowed to spew his scum here.

Perverse how this forum hinders the genuine but permits those that aren't?

I hope he's not the guy I read about elsewhere who gets banned under various guises and runs a business that I will avoid like the plague, as I'm sure other like minded people will.

Now, back on topic.......

Is it permitted to donate and earmark the contribution only for certain services such as euthanasia?

We only euthanase dogs if they are seriously ill & have no hope, are suffering & have no quality of life. We do not do it for (our or others') convenience. A donation is usually used for whatever is needed at the time, be it food, vet bills, maintenance of the center etc...

We will be starting a neuter & release programme to help reduce the number of strays on the streets in a few months, in conjunction with another dog non-profit org. That will have separate funding & should anyone wish to donate only to that programme, that will be possible when it gets off the ground.

There are orphaned children that need help here in this Country, the orphanage's are run by Thai's so do not have the expense of keeping a farrang and her family on her mission with dog's.

Everyone has different priorities and interests in life. You are more than welcome to help at a local orphanage and cheers to you for doing so. HOWEVER, that certainly does not give you the right to criticize others for not following your agenda.

Kudos to November Rain, and others like her, for her devotion to those creatures who rely on us for support and are, more often than not, let down and neglected for their devotion.

Everyone has different priorities and interests in life. You are more than welcome to help at a local orphanage and cheers to you for doing so. HOWEVER, that certainly does not give you the right to criticize others for not following your agenda.

Kudos to November Rain, and others like her, for her devotion to those creatures who rely on us for support and are, more often than not, let down and neglected for their devotion.

Fully agree with sbk on both counts. Seems some members think it's an either/or situation when it can easily be both.

Fully agree with sbk on both counts. Seems some members think it's an either/or situation when it can easily be both.

From what I understand November Rain is doing a fabulous job on extremely tight resources. I for one have been in communication with her and have agreed to donate my time in the near future to assist in raising much needed funds.NR my dear, keep going we are not all like that French sounding chappie who appears to have his frogs legs caught in his vitals !!