Best Way To Get To Impact Exhibition Hall

Stekmer

I need to get to the Gem Trade Fair at the Impact Exhibition Centre (from Silom area) on Saturday.

From the maps it looks like there are no nearby BTS or subway stops.

Any tips on the best combination of BTS and then taxi to get there ??

Take the BTS to the Victory Monument station, then from there take a van underneath the expressway (Make sure you take the one that will take you to Muang Tong Tani though,as there are several vans there). It will take you right to the Exhibition Hall. You can ask the van driver to pull over in front of the hall when you're almost there ("Yood tee Impact noi krab" should do the trick.) :o

Edited by ThaiGoon

Take the BTS to the Victory Monument station, then from there take a van underneath the expressway (Make sure you take the one that will take you to Muang Tong Tani though,as there are several vans there). It will take you right to the Exhibition Hall. You can ask the van driver to pull over in front of the hall when you're almost there ("Yood tee Impact noi krab" should do the trick.) :o

That sounds very good and cheap too. Is it a minibus which leaves when full? How do you recognise the bus is it at a bus-stop? The lazy mans way is to take a taxi on the expressway from the Suriwingse toll-booth which would be quickest but cost a few hundred baht. For three passengers as cheap as the combo. probably.

That sounds very good and cheap too. Is it a minibus which leaves when full? How do you recognise the bus is it at a bus-stop? The lazy mans way is to take a taxi on the expressway from the Suriwingse toll-booth which would be quickest but cost a few hundred baht. For three passengers as cheap as the combo. probably.

Yeah it's the minibus/van that leaves when full. The buses are right underneath the expressways and right next to the expressway ramp at Victory Monument. There are signs on the buses/vans and at the bus/van stops that tell you where they go. I'm not sure if the signs are in English, but you can always ask someone there I suppose. But yeah if you travel in group, taking a taxi on the expressway is probably a good choice too...but it could be pricy as Muang Tong is quite far from Silom.

Yeah it's the minibus/van that leaves when full. The buses are right underneath the expressways and right next to the expressway ramp at Victory Monument. There are signs on the buses/vans and at the bus/van stops that tell you where they go. I'm not sure if the signs are in English, but you can always ask someone there I suppose. But yeah if you travel in group, taking a taxi on the expressway is probably a good choice too...but it could be pricy as Muang Tong is quite far from Silom.

Excellent, Thanks for that. As an indication of cost of taxis; using the meter from Shangri La to Chuen Cheun golf course which is six KM further on from the exit after Meuang Tong Thani 300 baht covers it.

I love those minivans. They have to be about the most civilized way to get around Bangkok. :o

I used one for the first time recently following a normal bus route and learned that the Thais call them RotDoo, doo as in cupboard.

• 2 weeks later...

Been to Impact several times and always took meter taxi. Can't quite remember exactly how much but it certainly doesn't break the bank. Sometimes they take express way and it's also possible to get there without express way. I would say I haven't spent more than 300 Baht. But Silom is further south to where I live.