U.S. Democrats target who's who of Trump insiders but not Ivanka, others

webfact

5 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Pathetic. Wake up  Dems, find people and ideas that we can vote for. Yet another investigation is a waste of time and money.

"The House Intelligence Committee has hired a seasoned former Southern District of New York federal prosecutor with experience going after Russian organized crime to lead its myriad investigations into President Donald Trump. Goldman, who was second-in-command at SDNY’s organized crime unit, has prosecuted the Russian mob and has secured convictions for racketeering, murder and money laundering, including against the Genovese crime family."

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/adam-schiff-hires-a-former-prosecutor-to-lead-the-trump-investigation

"The Guy Trump Called ‘Fat Jerry’ Is Chairman Nadler Now. The congressman who stood his ground against the developer in New York is up against the president in Washington now."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-and-nadler-have-warred-for-years-but-the-stakes-have-never-been-higher

Edited by Opl
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

So you dont think that the constant stream of twitter abuse , aimed at public servants doing their job , amounts to harrasment and obstruction ?

Correct.

It's tweets.

Or let me ask another way - have you ever, in the course of your life, been obstructed by a tweet?

Didn't think so.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Ulic said:

Simply a case of Trump and the GOP getting a tase of the obstructionists Obama had to endure during his time in office. The new normal in the US it seems. 

Well - except this time the Dems are raising the bar by going after his kids.

Nice.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

"Kids"?

Donald Trump Jr. 41 years (December 31, 1977)
Ivanka Trump 37 years (October 30, 1981)
Eric Trump 35 years (January 6, 1984)
Tiffany Trump 25 years (October 13, 1993)

I see Chelsea Clinton, one of the Bush daughters and McCain's kid have all landed high money contracts with the big global media complex. Not one of them has any expertise in anything or journalistic credentials. How could it be explained as anything other than a payoff by multinational corporations for services rendered?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I see Chelsea Clinton, one of the Bush daughters and McCain's kid have all landed high money contracts with the big global media complex. Not one of them has any expertise in anything or journalistic credentials. How could it be explained as anything other than a payoff by multinational corporations for services rendered?

Because those companies are paying for the name recognition? There you go - one more possibility.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I see Chelsea Clinton,

She received an undergraduate degree at Stanford University and later earned master's degrees from University College, Oxford and Columbia University's Mailman School of Public Health, and a Doctor of Philosophy in international relations from the University of Oxford in 2014.

But yeah, I see what you did there..."Deflectors at full"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, mtls2005 said:

She received an undergraduate degree at Stanford University and later earned master's degrees from University College, Oxford and Columbia University's Mailman School of Public Health, and a Doctor of Philosophy in international relations from the University of Oxford in 2014.

But yeah, I see what you did there..."Deflectors at full"

I'm not deflecting. I'd never hire any of them. That's an impressive record of academic achievement you've presented, but to hear her talk she sounds about as stupid as can be. Maybe her connections played a part in her academic placements. Who knows? Some of the most idiotic things I've ever heard have come out of the mouths of Harvard graduates so I tend to take all of that with a grain of salt..

7 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I'm not deflecting.

Thread Title: U.S. Democrats target who's who of Trump insiders but not Ivanka, others

Note to those who can't follow the plot: "others" does not refer to a Clinton.

Carry on, Sir.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Thread Title: U.S. Democrats target who's who of Trump insiders but not Ivanka, others

Note to those who can't follow the plot: "others" does not refer to a Clinton.

Carry on, Sir.

I was explaining why children are mostly free riders in these administrations. Not a deflection. I could give further examples. Hugh Rodham, Billy Carter, being a Kennedy is a career.

19 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I'm not deflecting. I'd never hire any of them. That's an impressive record of academic achievement you've presented, but to hear her talk she sounds about as stupid as can be. Maybe her connections played a part in her academic placements. Who knows? Some of the most idiotic things I've ever heard have come out of the mouths of Harvard graduates so I tend to take all of that with a grain of salt..

And so do you have anything near her "impressive record of academic achievement' yourself?  

Are you the head of a 'big, global media complex?' 

If the answer to either of these questions is 'no' then you are not qualified to comment on whether she is qualified for the role.

And no, your own personal experience of Harvard graduates doesn't count either.

13 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I was explaining why children are mostly free riders in these administrations.

Jared and Ivanka are employees, regardless of whether they are drawing a salary.

DJTJ, and Eric, are far more active, politically than any other children, whom I can recall, anyway.

You "explained" pretty much nothing by steering the thread off-topic. But I understand that when you cannot defend the actions of Individual-1, then you must attack and deflect. It just makes you look weak, though.

4 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

And so do you have anything near her "impressive record of academic achievement' yourself?  

Are you the head of a 'big, global media complex?' 

If the answer to either of these questions is 'no' then you are not qualified to comment on whether she is qualified for the role.

And no, your own personal experience of Harvard graduates doesn't count either.

I've got a BS in Marine Engineering and a BS in Nautical Technology johnny.

Just now, lannarebirth said:

I've got a BS in Marine Engineering and a BS in Nautical Technology johnny.

Well done to you and means you are qualified in these fields much the same as she is qualified to work in media.

If she wasn't so well qualified you may have a point. She is so you don't.

5 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Jared and Ivanka are employees, regardless of whether they are drawing a salary.

DJTJ, and Eric, are far more active, politically than any other children, whom I can recall, anyway.

You "explained" pretty much nothing by steering the thread off-topic. But I understand that when you cannot defend the actions of Individual-1, then you must attack and deflect. It just makes you look weak, though.

Why would I want to defend Trumps actions, I can't stand him. I'm not attacking or deflecting, my posts merely point out that the other side gave us Trump and if they want to get rid of him they really ought to come up with something more than hand wringing and jeers from the gallery.

1 minute ago, johnnybangkok said:

Well done to you and means you are qualified in these fields much the same as she is qualified to work in media.

If she wasn't so well qualified you may have a point. She is so you don't.

Well I guess it means I'm qualified to work in media as well since her degrees are not in that field either. C'mon man it's a payoff for access. You know it and I know it.

8 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Well I guess it means I'm qualified to work in media as well since her degrees are not in that field either. C'mon man it's a payoff for access. You know it and I know it.

But you're not. 

Clinton obtained a B.A. degree in history, with highest honors, at Stanford in 2001. The topic of her 167-page senior thesis was the 1998 Good Friday Agreement in Northern Ireland. In 2003, Clinton completed an MPhil degree in international relations at Oxford. Her 132-page thesis was titled The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria: A Response to Global Threats, a Part of a Global Future. In 2011, Clinton transferred back to University College, Oxford, from the Wagner School of Public Service at New York University to complete her DPhil degree in International Relations. Her 712-page dissertation was titled The Global Fund: An Experiment in Global Governance.

Irrespective of whether this is a 'payoff for access', she is much more qualified for the role than you or I are. 

2 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

But you're not. 

Clinton obtained a B.A. degree in history, with highest honors, at Stanford in 2001. The topic of her 167-page senior thesis was the 1998 Good Friday Agreement in Northern Ireland. In 2003, Clinton completed an MPhil degree in international relations at Oxford. Her 132-page thesis was titled The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria: A Response to Global Threats, a Part of a Global Future. In 2011, Clinton transferred back to University College, Oxford, from the Wagner School of Public Service at New York University to complete her DPhil degree in International Relations. Her 712-page dissertation was titled The Global Fund: An Experiment in Global Governance.

Irrespective of whether this is a 'payoff for access', she is much more qualified for the role than you or I are. 

I never said I was qualified, I only pointed out that her hiring is a payoff of sorts. I'm not singling her out, there are many others drawing salaries for the same reason. It's how the system works unfortunatey:

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/50-largest-u-s-companies-board-members/

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:
9 hours ago, pedro01 said:

Well - except this time the Dems are raising the bar by going after his kids.

"Kids"?

Donald Trump Jr. 41 years (December 31, 1977)
Ivanka Trump 37 years (October 30, 1981)
Eric Trump 35 years (January 6, 1984)
Tiffany Trump 25 years (October 13, 1993)

Jared Kushner 38 years

To be fair, Pedro01 could be refering to mental age.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I never said I was qualified, I only pointed out that her hiring is a payoff of sorts. I'm not singling her out, there are many others drawing salaries for the same reason. It's how the system works unfortunatey:

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/50-largest-u-s-companies-board-members/

Yes you did.

Your exact words in a post literally two before this was 'Well I guess it means I'm qualified to work in media...'

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Yes you did.

Your exact words in a post literally two before this was 'Well I guess it means I'm qualified to work in media...'

Out of context much? It was an allusion to if she was I am. I don't puport to be qualified in the same way as being able to provide access to power.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lannarebirth said:

Well, you did state that;

"I see Chelsea Clinton, one of the Bush daughters and McCain's kid have all landed high money contracts with the big global media complex. Not one of them has any expertise in anything or journalistic credentials. How could it be explained as anything other than a payoff by multinational corporations for services rendered?"

Now you've been presented with two alternative possibilities:

1. I said "Because those companies are paying for the name recognition? There you go - one more possibility."

2. MTLS2005 said "She received an undergraduate degree at Stanford University and later earned master's degrees from University College, Oxford and Columbia University's Mailman School of Public Health, and a Doctor of Philosophy in international relations from the University of Oxford in 2014."

So one could be forgiven for reading you reply ("I'm not deflecting. I'd never hire any of them. That's an impressive record of academic achievement you've presented, but to hear her talk she sounds about as stupid as can be. Maybe her connections played a part in her academic placements. Who knows? Some of the most idiotic things I've ever heard have come out of the mouths of Harvard graduates so I tend to take all of that with a grain of salt.") as a deflection.

20 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Out of context much? It was an allusion to if she was I am. I don't puport to be qualified in the same way as being able to provide access to power.

I know it's challenging to listen when you're shouting, but maybe now would be a good time to stop digging?