What happened with the Traffic?

ChipButty

Anybody know what happened to the traffic yesterday?

Last night I was driving from Rawai towards Chalong wanting to turn left into Sai Yuan

The traffic was backed up well before the lights, the lights changed about 5 times before I got to the junction

Had they moved the lanes in Chalong or what?

Somebody told me it had been like that since 2pm 

They blocked off the bit whereby you could go straight through to Chao Fa East from Visit Rd. So there were 3 lanes (2 from Visit, 1 from Patak) trying to merge into 1 going into West. At about 6,30pm it was total chaos as West queue, to get through he circle, was quite long due to large numbers of U turners on Visit

Cherng Talay was very busy this morning around 9 am. Took a while to get from Tescos to the T junction by the Cop shop. It's a real choke point for that part of the island and nothing that can be done to alleviate things. Not helped by taxis and minbuses trying to squeeze down the side and forcing their way in. 

Will get worse between the Cop  Shop and Laguna when Central launch their next project. As it is trying to get out of Boat Avenue is a pain.

• Like 1

How you can live in such a place, I'll never know.

Lots of choices in the Country better than Phuket.

There might be hope in years from now, when major construction done and... (q the laughter) miracle tram is built.

Good luck to you folks living there.

3 minutes ago, matador007 said:

There might be hope in years from now, when major construction done and... (q the laughter) miracle tram is built.

Please tell me where. Must have beaches, international airport, good hospitals, international schools and decent shopping.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, matador007 said:

I feel like I've  lived on a building site for 20 years

On 3/5/2019 at 6:07 PM, Joe Mcseismic said:

Please tell me where. Must have beaches, international airport, good hospitals, international schools and decent shopping.

Last I heard Pattaya has all of those, though I'm not sure what "decent" shopping is.

And of course Bangkok and its airport are only an hour or so away by motorway.

On 3/5/2019 at 6:07 PM, Joe Mcseismic said:

The shopping in Phuket is abhorrent.  And trying to find a parking spot absolutely torturous.

The airport is entirely dysfunctional.

Medical care is and absolute rip off.

The sea water at most of Phuket beaches is entirely toxic with fecal coli form counts well off the chart.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Khaeng Mak said:

The shopping in Phuket is abhorrent.  And trying to find a parking spot absolutely torturous.

The airport is entirely dysfunctional.

Medical care is and absolute rip off.

The sea water at most of Phuket beaches is entirely toxic with fecal coli form counts well off the chart.

1. Rubbish! Have some great malls like Phuket Central and the new addition all with good parking.

2. Rubbish! Fly in and out of the airport every six weeks to Japan. New international terminal is very good.

3. Only if you don't have decent health insurance (I do).

4. Can't argue with this one, but, having beaches isn't just about swimming. I can do that in my pool.

• Like 1