Visa extensions and address

So i just got done doing a vusa extension and found out that since 1979 there has been a law in place where the owner of the place you rent has 1 day to report to immigration of your living there. If not they get an 800 baht  fine for not report your residence there. And you can not do extension without that being done and fine being paid. Just now seems starting to be enforced. Just a heads up for those doing extensions. I am also uploading a pic showing about report of address and fine regardinf6it as well. 

15517619940085565382902578301836.jpg

31 minutes ago, brian2f2f said:

So i just got done doing a vusa extension and found out that since 1979 there has been a law in place where the owner of the place you rent has 1 day to report to immigration of your living there. If not they get an 800 baht  fine for not report your residence there. And you can not do extension without that being done and fine being paid. Just now seems starting to be enforced. Just a heads up for those doing extensions.

That has been enforced for several years at some offices.

I am also uploading a pic showing about report of address and fine regardinf6it as well. 

The picture is nothing to do with the requirement for the owner etc. to report.

The picture is of another law requiring the foreigner to report whenever they change address. That is usually only required of non immigrant visa holders with long term extensions of stay, and is rarely enforced.

Edited by elviajero

Of the 6 yrs ive been doing visa extension first time ive ever been hit with this. And never heard if anyone else either. So why wanted to post incase it is just now starting to really get enforced after the new immigration laes being passed. As i just want to try and do my part to keep people informed of whats going on and not have surprises like i did. Ive done 2 extensions here ib maesai and this is the first time said anything to me. Regarding visa extensions. Do you have wait 45 days after receiving non o visa based on marriage before can apply for the 1 yr extensions or can you apply as soon as back in thailand? Both me and my fiancée wife on wed next week were confused about that.

6 minutes ago, brian2f2f said:

Do you have wait 45 days after receiving non o visa based on marriage before can apply for the 1 yr extensions or can you apply as soon as back in thailand?

You cannot apply for the extension until the last 30 days or 45 days at some offices of the 90 day entry from a non-o visa.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You cannot apply for the extension until the last 30 days or 45 days at some offices of the 90 day entry from a non-o visa.

That sucks as means we will have to do in bkk then. As they like me and her here in maesai. Being how end of april after thai new year we will be moving to bkk for study at university. I hate bkk immigration its miserable.