Lets Talk Thailand

PaulUSA302

...I'll probably study Arabic next year, since it seems circumstance is to offer the chance to do so.

Ah, the inevitable transfer to the jobsite is coming, heh? :D

The camp is not too bad from what I hear.

(yeah right :o )

TH

Edited by thaihome

Ah, the inevitable transfer to the jobsite is coming, heh?

(yeah right )

TH

I haven't told you the rate, and if I did I doubt you'd believe it.

Let's just say 'I'm happy with it... extremely happy with it'.

Ah, the inevitable transfer to the jobsite is coming, heh?

(yeah right )

TH

I haven't told you the rate, and if I did I doubt you'd believe it.

Let's just say 'I'm happy with it... extremely happy with it'.

I think you forgot who you are talking to. :D Of course I know the rate. :o Turned down the assignment last year and again at a seminar in UAE a couple of months ago. :D Maybe I will regret that in a few months, but just not ready for a camp. :D

There aren't many projects that did design in Rome with job site in the desert.

TH

All this sheeet has been going on here forever - nothing new.

This guy sounds clueless! :o

Couldn't agree more.

Thailand is a predominantly Buddhist country...............

It is only 4 out of 96 provinces that are Muslim.

Couldn't agree more.

96 Provinces!.... Clueless?... I'm confused, who are we talking about?

I don't know about all that... But I do know that the man is in power and has the ability to shape the country and I am wondering just how much of his Islamic beliefs will find their way into Thai society? Not that I think there would be anything wrong with his influencing Thailand with what he thinks is "right", based on the Muslim faith. I simply wonder how it will effect long stay expats and what role he wants expats (non-Asian/non-Thai) to play in the makeup of Thailand's future?

Anyone care to speculate? There are no wrong answers here... No one can know the future... We are just talking about what we think is possibly coming around the corner.

Couldn't agree more.

96 Provinces!.... Clueless?... I'm confused, who are we talking about?

Edited by PaulUSA302

Michael Savage has about zero credibility on any topic. Read the two paras below (from a Salon.com article profile):

March 5, 2003 | At first glance, Michael Alan Weiner seems like an improbable candidate to be America's angriest, most vicious conservative radio host. Born 60 years ago in the Bronx, Weiner has lived in Northern California for most of his adult life, making a living as an herbalist and nutritionist. He communed with Fijian traditional healers, got married in a rain forest and studied ethno-medicine at the University of California at Berkeley. He swam naked with Allen Ginsberg, dreamed of being the next Lenny Bruce and wrote a rambling novel about a half-mad alter ego. His son's middle name is Goldencloud. For years, he made a name cranking out a pile of books on alternative medicine, recommending bizarre remedies such as using vitamin C to stop AIDS and kicking cocaine with coffee enemas.

These days, Weiner's more interested in purging the body politic. Using the pseudonym Michael Savage, he's launched a one-man mission to save America from its enemies at home and abroad, which on any given day includes liberals, gays, academics, the homeless, the Clintons, immigrants, feminists, CNN, the American Civil Liberties Union, Muslims and other minorities. Broadcasting three hours a day, five afternoons a week, from a rented studio in downtown San Francisco, he gives voice to the right wing's darkest fantasies. He muses about launching preemptive nuclear strikes on the Middle East ("I wish to God the hatches were open and the missiles were flying!"), suggests gunning down illegal immigrants ("If we had a government, we'd blow them out of the desert with airplanes!"), dreams of dispatching with "commies, pinkos and perverts" and other undesirables ("I say round them up and hang 'em high!") and even paraphrases a remark attributed to Nazi leader Hermann Goering ("When I hear someone's in the civil rights business, I oil up my AR-15!")

So, if he lost a few more brain cells and had dyslexia he could be President?

The answer to the original question "What does a Muslim led government mean to the Farang?"

Well for me it means nothing, governments come and go, but I thank Budda that my family don't give a monkeys about it. If I was to worry about sh*t like that, I would be moving country every 3 or 4 years.

Why do you ask, are you worried or something?

No worries for me. I am sure I would enjoy Thailand if it were an Islamic State or if it is as it is now. Talking about a subject does not equal worry. Sometimes we folk just want to talk.... Maybe you could have a slant on it that none have related and once you stated it maybe we all would say... Wow.... We never thought of that.... Wow.....

So share and let us be wow'ed :o

The answer to the original question "What does a Muslim led government mean to the Farang?"

Well for me it means nothing, governments come and go, but I thank Budda that my family don't give a monkeys about it. If I was to worry about sh*t like that, I would be moving country every 3 or 4 years.

Why do you ask, are you worried or something?