Stop this off duty cop using his gun to threaten people in the street

webfact

Stop this off duty cop using his gun to threaten people in the street

6pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A local man in the Rama 2 area of western Bangkok went to the media with evidence after he said a senior off duty policeman was threatening people in his locality. 

He said he had CCTV footage and evidence of two spent cartridges that showed the senior sergeant major brandishing a gun in the soi in Bang Khun Thian.

A woman had to flee for her life as the cop aimed then shot in the air. 

Chatchachon, 41, said the cop - believed to be attached to the Tha Kham station - then approached him as he chatted to a friend outside a coffin makers at 11.30 pm on Saturday night. 

The cop said belligerently: "You hear anything, did you?"

Chatchanon - fearing retribution from the cop - said: "No, I just thought it was firecrackers". 

But he then gathered up the evidence and reported the matter to Samae Dam police. 

But believing the cops were unlikely to investigate one of their own he then went to the media.

He hoped by doing that the national police would rein in the strutting cop threatening the neighborhood. 

Source: Sanook

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-03-07

Not heard much about inactive posts so much nowadays. So maybe they'll revive it by putting this idiot in one.

Or failing that it'll all be a misunderstanding and dealt with as an internal matter. 

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The cop said belligerently: "You hear anything, did you?"

Chatchanon - fearing retribution from the cop - said: "No, I just thought it was firecrackers". 

what a smart KoKo, great answer

1 hour ago, exparte said:

Have been in Thailand for 25 years. I haven't met a cop yet that knows "to Serve and Protect". They are all criminals with Badges and Guns.

I dispute this contention. To Serve And Protect has always referred to the polices' own interests

Archived