Can I change my address and do the retirement extension in the same visit to immigration?

My family's main residence is in Bangkok, but my last two retirement extensions were done in Roi Et because my family moves around Thailand a lot and it just so happened that in 2017 & 2018 we were in Roi Et when it came time to renew my extension, so that's where I did it.  

I had anticipated we'd be traveling to the same place again this year, but a few weeks ago I sprained my lower back (might have a herniated disc, too) and I'm not too excited about the prospect of traveling on Thailand's bumpy roads with lower back pain, so I think I'll stay in Bangkok this year while most of the family goes back to Roi Et.

That means I'll be doing my extension in Chaengwathana this year.  I have seen in other discussions where you're supposed to do an address change when you move from one immigration district to another.  Should I rush to CW and do it ASAP or can I just wait until May when my renewal is due, and do both the address change and extension at the same time?

35 minutes ago, attrayant said:

Should I rush to CW and do it ASAP or can I just wait until May

I have moved back and forth with CW as one of my retirement ext IOs. I just mail in my address change with a SAE and get it back about 8 days later in post.

• Like 2

Oh right, I think my next 90 day report is in mid-April.  I guess I'll do the address change and the 90 day report at the same time, then I'll be all set for the extension renewal in May.

Besides, how would then even know?  I could go into CW and tell them I just moved from Roi Et back to Bangkok a few days ago and now I'm doing my address change.

By the way, glancing at some other discussions about address change, I'm not totally clear on which form to use.  Is it TM28 or TM30?

10 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

I have moved back and forth with CW as one of my retirement ext IOs. I just mail in my address change with a SAE and get it back about 8 days later in post.

I knew you could do the 90-day report by mail, but didn't know an address change could be done that way too.  

• Like 1

On 3/14/2019 at 2:24 PM, attrayant said:

Oh right, I think my next 90 day report is in mid-April.  I guess I'll do the address change and the 90 day report at the same time, then I'll be all set for the extension renewal in May.

Besides, how would then even know?  I could go into CW and tell them I just moved from Roi Et back to Bangkok a few days ago and now I'm doing my address change.

By the way, glancing at some other discussions about address change, I'm not totally clear on which form to use.  Is it TM28 or TM30?

I change my address with the 90 day report every year in Bangkok just prior to getting my extension.

On 3/14/2019 at 2:24 PM, attrayant said:

A "TM-28" is used to change your address before you can then file 90-day reports or apply for an extension. 

You (or your landlord) may also have to file a TM-30, though this sometimes skipped for those on retirement at several offices, including CW-Bangkok.

I am for  a few months in Bangkok. 

My landlord filed a TM30 beginning of this month, didn't received the voucher back. 

My next 90 days report has to be done early April. 

Not sure what adress to put.

I have been in Bangkok before for a while, always put my Pattaya adress on the Online 90 days report, without problem. 

My extension was done end January at Jomtien Immigration. 

6 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

I am for  a few months in Bangkok. 

My landlord filed a TM30 beginning of this month, didn't received the voucher back. 

My next 90 days report has to be done early April. 

Not sure what adress to put.

I have been in Bangkok before for a while, always put my Pattaya adress on the Online 90 days report, without problem. 

My extension was done end January at Jomtien Immigration. 

The online report was handled by Jomtien, not Bangkok. However, it is possible to submit a Change of address/TM30 on the same day as a 90day report is done. You should remember a fine may be payable if an address change is not notified within 24 hours. 

3 minutes ago, KarlS said:

You should remember a fine may be payable if an address change is not notified within 24 hours. 

The change of adress was done within 24 hours by my landlord. 

He not received the voucher back. 

As it is Bangkok, not sure they care about a TM30, and don't find the need to send the voucher back. 

Just wonder what adress I should put on my 90 days report. 

My actual adress(Bangkok) , or the one I am usually and where I do my yearly extension for the last 15 years (Pattaya). 

3 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

The change of adress was done within 24 hours by my landlord. 

He not received the voucher back. 

As it is Bangkok, not sure they care about a TM30, and don't find the need to send the voucher back. 

Just wonder what adress I should put on my 90 days report. 

My actual adress(Bangkok) , or the one I am usually and where I do my yearly extension for the last 15 years (Pattaya). 

The address you report should be the one where you are staying. 

2 minutes ago, KarlS said:

The address you report should be the one where you are staying

Sounds logic, however this being Thailand and Bangkok, not sure they apply the same logic, and Bangkok being known for not really care about a TM30. 

But will do it and see. 

Thanks.