Immigration child under age

salavan

Last time I the foreign father took my thai child out of Thailand I needed proof/consent from the mother. 

This time my girlfriend the child's mother wants to take our child out of Thailand, will she also need proof /consent from me the legal Father. 

Be interested if anyone has done this before. 

I have travelled out of country with my Son (3yrs and then again when he was 4 yrs) and the Consent to Travel form was not requested both times, but I know it is often requested of a Single Parent traveling with a minor, especially when its the father. 

If there are any doubts it would make sense for the mother to have this document to avoid any last minute hiccups upon departure. 

No she won't need your consent. This is because she is your girlfriend. If you are not married to the mother then you have no rights over the child at all (unless you formally legitimised the child as your own).

As the mother has all rights she doesn't need your consent. You need her consent every time though.

28 minutes ago, blackcab said:

No she won't need your consent. This is because she is your girlfriend. If you are not married to the mother then you have no rights over the child at all (unless you formally legitimised the child as your own).

As the mother has all rights she doesn't need your consent. You need her consent every time though.

I was made the legal Father by court order in Thailand but the immigration at the airport I guess won't know that only thing is she has my family name not my girlfriends family name

5 minutes ago, salavan said:

I was made the legal Father by court order in Thailand but the immigration at the airport I guess won't know that only thing is she has my family name not my girlfriends family name

Thank you for the clarification. You are correct; immigration won't have the information immediately visible, but they are able to call it up if necessary.

It's debatable. If she wants to be certain then she should get permission.