American good Samaritan: Phi Phi police arrest one of three attackers

webfact

45 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

So what you are saying for this EXACT story and not you silly wife’s story is that even if he had a few drinks his side of the story is not true or even made up?? He was attached by 3 , he saw someone take belongings of someone else , he was injured , he saw a policeman and the police said to come back the next day. Please explain what the “ middle “ is since you just posted and your post is fresh in your head. Thanks. 

This guy is a body Builder, just look at his photo, these sort of Guys attract Trouble like Flies !  …  And a Writer also, a Body Builder, and an armature writer, … with an Instagram account that he probably is very proud of.  ...  That needs Content.  !!!!  

..  So why didn't he come back and report it, instead of just Posting on Instagram, and then going to the Full moon party at Krabi ?  ...  Seems that his Instagram account and his photo of himself, and his own writing, is more important than actual Justice.  .... 

Like I will give the cops a pass for getting him to come back the next day ....  Like he probably just reeked of Trouble, ... as well as Alcohol.  .... 

I was assaulted in Australia by a Night club doorman, on a very VERY quiet Night, like when they ask you to "Step Back" do not trust them, !!!  And think that they are being Kind !  ...  It probably just means that they want the 2 steps, peace of room, between them and you, ....  So that they can be in balance, ....  As they take the step forward !  ... And Hit you !  ....  Or well, push you hard across the footpath in my case, ..  And then tell you that they will tell the cops that you spat at them, if you call them !  ...  I ended up under a parked car, but well, was drunk enough to have bounced, (And not hit anything solid) ... Thank goodness !  .....

I called the cops, and the first question that they asked me was "Are you Drunk" and I said "Yes" ...  Well they did ask me if I was hurry first ?  Or at least second, I think, and I was lucky to be able to say "No" .....  And then they said, ... "Well there's nothing that we can do for you if you are Drunk" ....  "But you can report it at the Police station, if you like" ....  ....  Like this is what happens in Australia, like they will not attend or back you if you are drunk, ... well unless any one is hurt I guess.  ....  I did report it, but they said the same, "Are you Drunk" ?  "Yes" ... "Well sorry we cannot help you.  But we will take a report" ... I will let the Thais off for not wanting to do "English" with a drunk.  ?  ...

Here in Thailand, I live with the Thais, not in a Tourist resort, ..  I think that this story is a Tourist Resort Story !  ...  And I am GAD not to be there.

Like what did the woman leave on the beach ?  ...  (Like is she Crazy ? and left anything valuable there ? )  .... 

I only ever leave my Thongs, ... Flip Flops there, ... and am pensive about leaving my shirt, ....  Still well, yes, I have dug a small hole and buried my Wallet, on one occasion, or was it just my Room Key ?  .... 

2 minutes ago, Mark mark said:

This guy is a body Builder, just look at his photo, these sort of Guys attract Trouble like Flies !  …  And a Writer also, a Body Builder, and an armature writer, … with an Instagram account that he probably is very proud of.  ...  That needs Content.  !!!!  

..  So why didn't he come back and report it, instead of just Posting on Instagram, and then going to the Full moon party at Krabi ?  ...  Seems that his Instagram account and his photo of himself, and his own writing, is more important than actual Justice.  .... 

Like I will give the cops a pass for getting him to come back the next day ....  Like he probably just reeked of Trouble, ... as well as Alcohol.  .... 

I was assaulted in Australia by a Night club doorman, on a very VERY quiet Night, like when they ask you to "Step Back" do not trust them, !!!  And think that they are being Kind !  ...  It probably just means that they want the 2 steps, peace of room, between them and you, ....  So that they can be in balance, ....  As they take the step forward !  ... And Hit you !  ....  Or well, push you hard across the footpath in my case, ..  And then tell you that they will tell the cops that you spat at them, if you call them !  ...  I ended up under a parked car, but well, was drunk enough to have bounced, (And not hit anything solid) ... Thank goodness !  .....

I called the cops, and the first question that they asked me was "Are you Drunk" and I said "Yes" ...  Well they did ask me if I was hurry first ?  Or at least second, I think, and I was lucky to be able to say "No" .....  And then they said, ... "Well there's nothing that we can do for you if you are Drunk" ....  "But you can report it at the Police station, if you like" ....  ....  Like this is what happens in Australia, like they will not attend or back you if you are drunk, ... well unless any one is hurt I guess.  ....  I did report it, but they said the same, "Are you Drunk" ?  "Yes" ... "Well sorry we cannot help you.  But we will take a report" ... I will let the Thais off for not wanting to do "English" with a drunk.  ?  ...

Here in Thailand, I live with the Thais, not in a Tourist resort, ..  I think that this story is a Tourist Resort Story !  ...  And I am GAD not to be there.

Like what did the woman leave on the beach ?  ...  (Like is she Crazy ? and left anything valuable there ? )  .... 

I only ever leave my Thongs, ... Flip Flops there, ... and am pensive about leaving my shirt, ....  Still well, yes, I have dug a small hole and buried my Wallet, on one occasion, or was it just my Room Key ?  .... 

You are pensive about leaving your shirt?

I have never met anyone in my life who has been "pensive" about anything..

Unless you are William Wordsworth and I am a daffodil.

2 hours ago, Cereal said:

I've never been to one in Thailand, nor do I have any desire to go.

However, the Full Moon parties at the Bomba Shack on Tortola back in the 90's were a rockin' good time. I was at a few and never saw any idiocy.

Bomba would go out into the jungle and pick "mushrooms" and half fill a glass carboy then fill the rest with rum punch and let it simmer for a month. Then he'd break it out on the full moon.

Anyone ever do a Bomba full moon party?

Sorry you can only know everything there is to know about a Full Moon Party if you've NEVER been to one.   ????

With the TM-30 requirement, if he's still in Thailand, the police should have little trouble tracking him down in Koh Pagnan.

I'm still very skeptical. Not that an attack occurred, but about the motive behind the attack. The verocity doesn't seem to match up with the alleged motive: punishing a Good Samaritan for intervening in a petty theft. Why not run away, disappear into the shadows? I'm waiting to hear what the attackers say their motive for the attack was. Nothing verifying the alleged theft of unattended property has been confirmed so far. Nor has the swimmer appear to have stepped forward. The arrested person hasn't confessed or indicated what the motive for the assault was. Strange the night time swimmer didn't see anything. Most of the time when I leave stuff on the beach for a swim, I swim very near where I left my stuff. And never mind there had to have been some shouting and noise during the altercation, and probable other witnesses.

So it's dark, you've had a few beers, you see someone approach an unattended towel, and you immediately know - in your bones - that this guy's up to no good. No way is it possible he's the woman's boyfriend or traveling companion. You don't check to see who he is? Instead you leap into action, chase after him, confront him. He never said whether he recovered the stolen property, did he? Then the culprit quickly goes and gets three of his buddies who within minutes arm themselves with sticks and kayak paddles and beat him about the head, back and lower limbs, all this in retaliation because Mr. Instagram had the nerve to confront one of their buddies during a sneak thievery incident?

You don't think there's a possibility that there's another side to this story? OK, OK, I'm sure Jussie Smollet appreciates you standing in support of this victim as well. Anyway, it's bedtime kids. Fairytale time is over. Kiss daddy goodnight, and sweet dreams.

I actually saved a lady a while back I pulled her out of the way of a moving truck at the last second.  She would’ve been killed for sure but instead I got clipped by the side of the same truck after I pulled her out of the way and I ended up with a broken ankle and a sprained wrist.  That was in December last year.  I still have problems with that same hand luckily it’s my left hand and I’m right handed.  I think there’s a popped blood vessel in my left hand and it still hurts sometimes just doing little things like picking up my phone and I do a little bit of weight lifting sometimes and when I do that my hand really hurts bad.  I don’t exercise as much as I used to because I’m disabled and I have a seriously bad back but I do what I can.  

I remember the lady I rescued just kept saying Kap Koon Ca (thank you) over and over again until the ambulance arrived.  She even offered to take care of as much of my medical bills as she could afford but I said “don’t worry I have insurance I’ll be ok”.  Damn my story should have made the news because I could have been killed.  That’s a true story to.  I never told anyone about that except for my wife who saw it happen and her family.  Honestly even if my story had made the news I probably would not have spoken to the media because it’s just never a good idea.  

2 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

With the TM-30 requirement, if he's still in Thailand, the police should have little trouble tracking him down in Koh Pagnan.

I'm still very skeptical. Not that an attack occurred, but about the motive behind the attack. The verocity doesn't seem to match up with the alleged motive: punishing a Good Samaritan for intervening in a petty theft. Why not run away, disappear into the shadows? I'm waiting to hear what the attackers say their motive for the attack was. Nothing verifying the alleged theft of unattended property has been confirmed so far. Nor has the swimmer appear to have stepped forward. The arrested person hasn't confessed or indicated what the motive for the assault was. Strange the night time swimmer didn't see anything. Most of the time when I leave stuff on the beach for a swim, I swim very near where I left my stuff. And never mind there had to have been some shouting and noise during the altercation, and probable other witnesses.

So it's dark, you've had a few beers, you see someone approach an unattended towel, and you immediately know - in your bones - that this guy's up to no good. No way is it possible he's the woman's boyfriend or traveling companion. You don't check to see who he is? Instead you leap into action, chase after him, confront him. He never said whether he recovered the stolen property, did he? Then the culprit quickly goes and gets three of his buddies who within minutes arm themselves with sticks and kayak paddles and beat him about the head, back and lower limbs, all this in retaliation because Mr. Instagram had the nerve to confront one of their buddies during a sneak thievery incident?

You don't think there's a possibility that there's another side to this story? OK, OK, I'm sure Jussie Smollet appreciates you standing in support of this victim as well. Anyway, it's bedtime kids. Fairytale time is over. Kiss daddy goodnight, and sweet dreams.

Now there is over analyzing the problem on a massive scale.

A clear argument for the Thai "You think too much.."

1 hour ago, Odysseus123 said:

Now there is over analyzing the problem on a massive scale.

A clear argument for the Thai "You think too much.."

Every person -- including you -- on the two threads devoted to this story analyzed the situation to one degree or another. Who are you to label my take as "over-analyzed" just because you happen to disagree with me? Don't forget, this guy has a blog on Instagram with 40,000 followers. Are you going to say the cops as well are "thinking too much" if they consider if this was a possible motive to post a fictious version of events which cast himself in a heroic light? 

For the record, I'm proud of my analytical skills. They've served me quite well in my life. I've never cared for the Thai phrase "you think too much." I have long suspected it has negatively inhibited introspective reflection, intellectual thought, analytical thinking, long term planning, and a quest for excellence among many Thais. Pulling the "you think too much" card? Let's leave that cliché to the Thais, shall we?

7 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Every person -- including you -- on the two threads devoted to this story analyzed the situation to one degree or another. Who are you to label my take as "over-analyzed" just because you happen to disagree with me? Don't forget, this guy has a blog on Instagram with 40,000 followers. Are you going to say the cops as well are "thinking too much" if they consider if this was a possible motive to post a fictious version of events which cast himself in a heroic light? 

For the record, I'm proud of my analytical skills. They've served me quite well in my life. I've never cared for the Thai phrase "you think too much." I have long suspected it has negatively inhibited introspective reflection, intellectual thought, analytical thinking, long term planning, and a quest for excellence among many Thais. Pulling the "you think too much" card? Let's leave that cliché to the Thais, shall we?

Please see Caine's post below yours (to which I am now responding)

Short,succinct and to the point.

The bloke was assaulted and should have been taken by the police to obtain medical attention and be formally interviewed. He was sober enough to try and stop a robbery and then report the robbery and assult to police, but too "drunk" for the lazy assed police to follow up. Just another example of the disgraceful group who pretend to be police and of Prayut, who 4 or 5 years ago promised to straighten out the police.

2 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

Ah but at least the first team got in to do some character assassination, and what fun !!  ... accuse him of lying, even though he told the truth. Denigrate him because he had a drink.

I don’t understand where all the hate comes from. Perhaps the poster could explain, but no, Poster #1 doesn't do explanations. Don’t expect any of that, just a ladling out of character defamation and bile on someone they do not know, who acted with integrity, and got beat up for it.

.. accuse him of lying. (Show me the post which accused him of lying)

...even though he told the truth (how do you know that?)

...denigrate him because he had a drink. (intoxication which wasn't disclosed in his Instagram report. You don't think intoxication and not mentioning it is relevant when evaluating the credibility of his account?)

...I don’t understand where all the hate comes from. (It's not hate. It's a healthy measure of skepticism. It's not like his initial account didn't leave a lot of questions unanswered.)

...Perhaps the poster could explain. (I've explained at length my reasons for being dubious, and been told I'm over-analytical, and been bombarded with sad face emojis instead of any honest debate.)

...who acted with integrity, and got beat up for it. (You're relying entirely on his account about what happened. It hasn't been corroborated yet by any witnesses, the swimmer, or the other parties to the altercation. In my opinion, a lot of people on here are blindly accepting his version of events because it fits their anti-Thai, anti-Thai men, anti-police agenda and are being supportive because it's an opportunity to "virtue signal.")

Shower my post with sad face and confused face emojies to your heart's content, but you know there's truth to what I'm saying. :biggrin:

15 hours ago, alex8912 said:

Yes. Age does matter. You are wrong. 

It can and often does make a difference but it doesn't have to. I hitchhiked all over Europe for a year in my hippy days (21 yrs old) but resisted all attempts from my compatriots to take drugs or drink myself legless, instead I watched them in amused disgust.

28 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

...denigrate him because he had a drink. (intoxication which wasn't disclosed in his Instagram report. You don't think intoxication and not mentioning it is relevant when evaluating the credibility of his account?)

...I don’t understand where all the hate comes from. (It's not hate. It's a healthy measure of skepticism. It's not like his initial account didn't leave a lot of questions unanswered.)

...Perhaps the poster could explain. (I've explained at length my reasons for being dubious, and been told I'm over-analytical, and been bombarded with sad face emojis instead of any honest debate.)

...who acted with integrity, and got beat up for it. (You're relying entirely on his account about what happened. It hasn't been corroborated yet by any witnesses, the swimmer, or the other parties to the altercation. In my opinion, a lot of people on here are blindly accepting his version of events because it fits their anti-Thai, anti-Thai men, anti-police agenda and are being supportive because it's an opportunity to "virtue signal.")

Shower my post with sad face and confused face emojies to your heart's content, but you know there's truth to what I'm saying. :biggrin:

You joined the pack early.

You confabulated,waffled and spouted what ifs of your own-just as the pack did without any shred of evidence whatsoever...

As long as he could be accused of being a lying "farang"

I suggest you go to Tops and purchase an Occam's razor as soon as possible.

37 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

You cannot read post number #1 which I listed as a reference - I do not know how I can make it clearer.

Now there is not much I can do to help you with that .... As always our hopes and prayers are with you in this difficult time.  :thumbsup:   

Archived