National PWA Governor visits Phuket over failing water supply

webfact

National PWA Governor visits Phuket over failing water supply

By Tanyaluk Sakoot

1552909376_1-org.jpg

PWA Governor Nopparat Maythaveekulchai stands in Bang Neow Dum reservoir during his visit to Phuket. Photo: PWA

PHUKET: The national Provincial Waterworks Authority (PWA) Governor has quietly visited Phuket in person and urged the local PWA office to solve the island’s drought problems and to come up with a plan of how to continue supplying water needed by April 1.

PWA Governor Nopparat Maythaveekulchai was in Phuket on a two-day visit on Thursday and Friday last week (Mar 14-15).

Governor Nopparat and his entourage of national waterworks officials inspected water levels at both the Band Wad reservoir in Kathu and the Bang Neow Dum reservoir in Srisoonthorn.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/national-pwa-governor-visits-phuket-over-failing-water-supply-70753.php#3FPjQJva0SBZZKOb.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-03-19

I wonder if the competing goals of attracting ever increasing numbers of tourist and having sufficient water for those on the island at any given time has occurred to the different department heads?

Dare I say the phrase "infrastructure planning" ? It is not just water for farming or to drink and wash with but what becomes of that water when it is used. Not forgetting city planning, power, communications....

11 minutes ago, Chang_paarp said:

I wonder if the competing goals of attracting ever increasing numbers of tourist and having sufficient water for those on the island at any given time has occurred to the different department heads?

Dare I say the phrase "infrastructure planning" ? It is not just water for farming or to drink and wash with but what becomes of that water when it is used. Not forgetting city planning, power, communications....

????????????????????

I hope they take the opportunity to expand the water retention capability. Either develop more reservoirs or deepen these ones. The issue of running out of water will not abate as tourist numbers creep upwards and unusual weather patterns become the norm going from flood conditions to drought conditions.

Archived