Jump to content

Thai travelers to France warned to take extra caution


rooster59

Recommended Posts

Thai travelers to France warned to take extra caution

tewit kemtong

 

2518e401372bb2198841ac1196266368.jpg

 

PARIS, 23 March 2019 (NNT) - The Thai embassy in Paris has warned Thai visitors to France to take extra caution and watch out for possibilities of theft, violence and yellow-vest protesters.

 

The Thai embassy in Paris has issued a travel advisory for Thai travelers to France in April to suggest they follow the latest news updates prior to their planned travels to the European country.

 

They are advised to make photocopies of important documents, only carry an adequate amount of cash with them, and to have the embassy’s phone number with themselves in case they need assistance. Travelers should be extra cautious of their belongings and avoid dressing with expensive accessories or showing off expensive items in public, refrain from talking to strangers who might be pickpockets.

 

Visitors who may rent cars are advised not to place their bags and luggage in places which can be easily seen from outside to prevent thieves from breaking in.

 

All travelers are advised to follow safety regulations imposed by the French authorities, and be mindful of their surroundings. Travelers should walk away from suspicious places where thieves might mingle around with them and call police where necessary.

 

Visitors to Paris are encouraged to check out venues for mass protests by yellow-vest movement which might take place every Saturday.

 

The embassy will post on its Facebook page on Fridays to inform the followers of the updated situation.

 

nnt_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright nnt 2019-03-24

Link to post
Share on other sites

The warnings are a mirror image of what tourists to Thailand

need to be aware of.except Red instead of yellow,depends on election results.

regards worgeordie

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, worgeordie said:

The warnings are a mirror image of what tourists to Thailand need to be aware of.

I was tempted to make a comment about Yellow Shirts getting everywhere.  Then I gave in to the temptation

Link to post
Share on other sites

The irony in this article is just too much.
 

In response the French Embassy issued a warning to people visiting Thailand to: “Avoid being killed on an island, drowned in a boating accident, killed in a bus,car or motorbike accident, ripped off or beaten up by,,,oh never mind the list is too long, just be careful.”
Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

The warnings are a mirror image of what tourists to Thailand

need to be aware of.except Red instead of yellow,depends on election results.

regards worgeordie

When was the last time a red shirt was allowed to demonstrate? Not since the yellow shirts precipitated a coup against the elected government and they and their representatives banned from politics because they consistently won elections since 1991 and were a threat to power elite in Thailand. I was in Bangkok and saw with my own eyes yellow shirt thugs causing mayhem. I was in Thailand when yellow shirt terrorist hijacked the airport.  There is scant comparison between the situation in France and the situation in Thailand. Try reading a history book! Just saying.

Link to post
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

When was the last time a red shirt was allowed to demonstrate? Not since the yellow shirts precipitated a coup against the elected government and they and their representatives banned from politics because they consistently won elections since 1991 and were a threat to power elite in Thailand. I was in Bangkok and saw with my own eyes yellow shirt thugs causing mayhem. I was in Thailand when yellow shirt terrorist hijacked the airport.  There is scant comparison between the situation in France and the situation in Thailand. Try reading a history book! Just saying.

No need to read a history book, I was here too,when the Red shirts took over Bangkok.

and where threatening to set it ablaze,"Yellow shirt thugs",I think you must be colour

blind,the thugs were wearing RED,sure the Yellow shirts were demonstrating,but it

was the RED shirts that had the guns and bombs,and RPG's.

regards worgeordie

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

When was the last time a red shirt was allowed to demonstrate? Not since the yellow shirts precipitated a coup against the elected government and they and their representatives banned from politics because they consistently won elections since 1991 and were a threat to power elite in Thailand. I was in Bangkok and saw with my own eyes yellow shirt thugs causing mayhem. I was in Thailand when yellow shirt terrorist hijacked the airport.  There is scant comparison between the situation in France and the situation in Thailand. Try reading a history book! Just saying.

You need to read some history yourself perhaps. Red shirts in 1991? They did not exist as a movement until the 2000s. Even their hero Thaksin was nothing but an up and coming corrupt businessman in 1991, not involved in electoral politics, and most people had never even heard of the guy. As for yellow vs red shirts, the yellow ones had at least as hard a time when Thaksin was in power. Perhaps you weren’t around at that time,

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

They are advised to make photocopies of important documents, only carry an adequate amount of cash with them, and to have the embassy’s phone number with themselves in case they need assistance. Travelers should be extra cautious of their belongings and avoid dressing with expensive accessories or showing off expensive items in public, refrain from talking to strangers who might be pickpockets.

Basically do as foreigners do when they come to Thailand.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Again.... Thailand is not Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket...or even Chiang Mai, like France is not Paris, Italy is not Rome and the USA is not New York and LA. Every tourist city and capital in the world is dangerous for visitors and the % of accidents and crimes with tourists in Thailand is low considering the number of visitors x population in a very small land country. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, rooster59 said:

, and to have the embassy’s phone number with themselves in case they need assistance.

I hope the Thai Embassy in Paris is more helpful than the British Embassy in Bangkok - as much use as a fart in a thunderstorm 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...