Scott Walker: Singer-songwriter dies aged 76

snoop1130

Scott Walker: Singer-songwriter dies aged 76

skynews-walker-brothers-scott_4618595.jpg

The Walker Brothers, from left to right: John, Gary and Scott

Singer-songwriter Scott Walker has died aged 76, his record label says.

The American-born artist, who is known for hits such as The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore, is survived by his daughter Lee, his granddaughter Emmi-Lee, and his partner Beverly.

In a tribute to Walker, his label 4AD said: "Scott Walker has been a unique and challenging titan at the forefront of British music: audacious and questioning, he has produced works that dare to explore human vulnerability and the godless darkness encircling it."

Walker, who was born Noel Scott Engel and became a British citizen in 1970, was one third of The Walker Brothers and broke away in 1967 to perform as a solo artist.

Full Story: https://news.sky.com/story/scott-walker-singer-songwriter-dies-aged-76-11674708

5 hours ago, Jonnapat said:

You're right, there's quite a number of top vocalists in their 80's and still performing. 

When they're gone there'll be nobody left worth a listen 

Scott Walker had a great singing voice, but I will never understand why he carried these other two guys who were only average at best.

5 hours ago, Jonnapat said:

You're right, there's quite a number of top vocalists in their 80's and still performing. 

When they're gone there'll be nobody left worth a listen 

I don't think anyone in their eighties would be worth a listen.

Even if the worlds greatest ever singer Elvis, was alive today, would he be worth a listen?

8 minutes ago, steven100 said:

please possum,  go and wash your mouth out with soap ....  ' because i love ya to much baby '

Looks like it is about 6pm and you have been on the booze Steven. Your words, not mine ????:burp:

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

please possum,  go and wash your mouth out with soap ....  ' because i love ya to much baby '

Worlds greatest singer ? PPPPFT. Perry como . Bing. Bob dylan. Loenard cohen & Australias Frank ifield, Pelvis was just that in silly costumes.

17 hours ago, Liverpudlian said:

Worlds greatest singer ? PPPPFT. Perry como . Bing. Bob dylan. Loenard cohen & Australias Frank ifield, Pelvis was just that in silly costumes.

What about cranky Frankie?

Archived