Embassies Of South-east-asian Countries In Bkk / Thailand

I am travelling around South-East-Asia a lot and try to mix business and leisure....

I would like to hear about recent experiences at the embassies (or consular offices upcountry) of those countries.

As for me, I will be going to Vietnam for the very first time in April (besides EAST TIMOR the only country in South-East-Asia I have not visited so far) and would like to know if its easy to deal with the Vietnamese embassy in Bangkok (my experiences with Vietnamese authorities as a transit-Passenger in HCMC-airport were not really pleasant) and how long does it take to get a Visa and all that...... just share ur stories.....

I am interested in hearing about recent news from the Indonesian embassy as well, after they are about to introduce their new 120-day Visa-on-arrival in the very near future (compared to just 30 days before).

I think this could be interesting for many members here, not only for the Visa-runners....

I am talking about Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, Indonesia, Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos, Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines.....

The Laos Embassy in Bangkok only accepts more expensive express visa applications in the afternoon, i.e. it will not accept the cheaper, slower visa applications in the afternoon. However I asked if they would accept it and they would. This was very nice and flexible of the clerk.

On the other hand, the security guard was very rude by shouting into my face.

I wisely did not react to his provocation.