Moving your contacts, Android

38 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Let Google do it.

You know I tried Google backup once and I got all my apps back, but all my contacts were lost. In that case, the old phone was dead, this Time I have two working phones, I just want the contacts though.

It would be helpful if you just told us what phone you have and if your new phone is from the same company.

Usually if youre not using one of the cheapest around, your new phone asks you, if you wanna synchronize your data. At least that is how it works with Samsung. Samsung also has the Samsung Cloud where all your contacts, pics, memos etc. are stored online. You also have your contacts in your Samsung account stored or could make a backup to transfer to your new phone. I assume all other big companies offer the same options to transfer data to a new phone.

Contacts are also stored in your Gmail account (if you allow them access) and you can easily transfer them from there to a new device. Countless other options like Onedrive or GoogleDrive who all offer free online storage to upload and transfer data.

Easiest option of course is just the account on your mobile, but can't help you if you don't share the companies. 

You can also try and open settings in your contact list if contacts is really all you need to transfer. There you have two options...transfer contacts to your Google or (Samsung for example) account or export and import your contacts. 

38 minutes ago, deux said:

It would be helpful if you just told us what phone you have and if your new phone is from the same company.

Usually if youre not using one of the cheapest around, your new phone asks you, if you wanna synchronize your data. At least that is how it works with Samsung. Samsung also has the Samsung Cloud where all your contacts, pics, memos etc. are stored online. You also have your contacts in your Samsung account stored or could make a backup to transfer to your new phone. I assume all other big companies offer the same options to transfer data to a new phone.

Contacts are also stored in your Gmail account (if you allow them access) and you can easily transfer them from there to a new device. Countless other options like Onedrive or GoogleDrive who all offer free online storage to upload and transfer data.

Easiest option of course is just the account on your mobile, but can't help you if you don't share the companies. 

You can also try and open settings in your contact list if contacts is really all you need to transfer. There you have two options...transfer contacts to your Google or (Samsung for example) account or export and import your contacts. 

Well, the old phone is an ASUS zen something, and the new phone is a Xiaomi Redmi Note7.

If both phones are Android, sync the contacts to your Gmail account (if there are many, it can take awhile). Next enter your gmail + password in your new phone. The contacts will be available automatically.

You can check if all the contacts are synced with the Gmail account by logging into your Gmail account via your PC.

You might have to set... Open contacts > settings > contacts > contacts to display >[email protected]

• 4 months later...

Archived