Hotmail Access

tutsiwarrior

No problem getting my Hotmail, although it is thro' Outlook. I'm in BKK on True. There are days though when for a few minutes, apparently at random, the only emails I can send and receive are my Truemail account, after a while it all go back to normal.

I got TOT ADSL here in bangers and I can't get into yahoo (which I guess is the same kinda problem as hotmail)..infact, access to it has been ropey as can be since the earth cracks..Can't understand why for most there is no problem but for some their connection is back in the stone age...Topic has been well covered here, but still beats me :o

I've been having the same problem accessing both Yahoo and Hotmail. I also use TOT Gold. Yahoo started having problems a few days back, then Hotmail today. Gmail working fine.

Exactly the sme story for me.I guess it can't be a server issue as both gmail and yahoo/hotmail must be based in the US...Are you ble to expalin in basic terms (pretend im your 83 year old grand-mother) how or why this is like it is?? Much appreciated if you can...

There is a thread like this every two weeks or so. It seems like they are attributable to localized, specific service outages affecting a subset of the entire group of subscribers at hotmail/yahoo/gmail et al., or to DNS issues at the local ISP.

I have had no problems accessing any of these services recently, am on a CSLoxInfo ADSL line over a TOT fixed line in Bangkok.

Best to ping, contact, the ISP with a status update. Also maybe get the actual IP address and use that instead of www.hotmail.com { http://64.4.32.7 } .

Edited by lomatopo

There is a thread like this every two weeks or so. It seems like they are attributable to localized, specific service outages affecting a subset of the entire group of subscribers at hotmail/yahoo/gmail et al., or to DNS issues at the local ISP.

I have had no problems accessing any of these services recently, am on a CSLoxInfo ADSL line over a TOT fixed line in Bangkok.

Best to ping, contact, the ISP with a status update. Also maybe get the actual IP address and use that instead of www.hotmail.com { http://64.4.32.7 } .

Didn't think I'd get it! :o Thanks for tying though...I think I'll go on writing good old fashioned letters!!

We're in Kanchanaburi, Muang District, with TOT ADSL and access to hotmail is impossible for the past couple of days here too. But I can access it through Outlook express. Some other US sites are a problem too.

Since many of the this forum members seem to be quite knowledgable, I have a question:

We're building a home in Tha Muang (Kanchanaburi) and I'd like to install a satellite dish.

Do the satellite boxes offer Internet access too ?

Can I get a top of the line system with good television and broadband internet speed ?

I assume it's all in the set top box.

Thanks

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

You can get internet access through satellite in Thailand, but you'd need a complete separate set of equipment, both dish and transceiver box...

Biggest difference between television and internet is in the fact that the latter needs to transmit (upload) signals as well, while television only receives...

I really have no idea why I keep the hotmail address. I guess it's because I have had that address for so many years. The new beta version sucks! After I went back to the original hotmail version, it works OK. Do yourself a favor and change to gmail. No comparison. I also have a Yahoo address but need that to access other Yahoo services. The beta hotmail refused to download properly.

Why do you guys use Hotmail and Yahoo mail?? There is much better solutions out there!

Have got yahoo and gmail - but the yahoo address Ive had for a decade and is what is known by all me mates..Enuff confusion in this world without troubling mind muddled folks into reorganising their address books :o Or I guess I'm just lazy :D

Here's an update. I found a solution on another post in Thaivisa.

I changed my DNS settings to:

All sites that had a problem before are working fine. Yahoo, Hotmail, Ebay

Hope it helps you too.

Glenn

it works! it works!...both hotmail and yahoo are now operating normally. Thanks a lot for that Mr Orchids...

We're in Kanchanaburi, Muang District, with TOT ADSL and access to hotmail is impossible for the past couple of days here too. But I can access it through Outlook express. Some other US sites are a problem too.

Since many of the this forum members seem to be quite knowledgable, I have a question:

We're building a home in Tha Muang (Kanchanaburi) and I'd like to install a satellite dish.

Do the satellite boxes offer Internet access too ?

Can I get a top of the line system with good television and broadband internet speed ?

I assume it's all in the set top box.

Thanks

Glenn

sorry, can't help you there...I don't watch tv in Thailand; the local stuff is :D:D:bah: (with derision) and UBC is crap (re: other threads) unless you like the footie, rugby and cricket which for an american is :o:D:D

my existence is precarious as ToT ADSL is my only connection with the outside world... :bah:

Didn't think I'd get it! :o Thanks for tying though...I think I'll go on writing good old fashioned letters!!

Never mind why but just open an email account with yahoo.co.uk. Faster than the US.

anyone have the same problem? No problem with rest of the internet. I can get the hotmail sign in page then just get the TOT network problems message after. I've checked and all my windows and IE 7 updates are current.

thanks

no problem with that, but some major problems with europe....

seems someone messing arround on the international links.

Here's an update. I found a solution on another post in Thaivisa.

I changed my DNS settings to:

All sites that had a problem before are working fine. Yahoo, Hotmail, Ebay

Hope it helps you too.

Glenn

Kindly explain - where & how I can change these settings

Thanks

Billy Boy

• 2 weeks later...

"I've checked and all my windows and IE 7 updates are current.

Hey Tutsi...

I got me the same probs with Hotmail if I have to use an internet cafe. But in de casa, since switching to Mozilla Firefox, never a problem. You're a man ahead of the curve, I'm surprised you don't use it. So much better. It's to the point that IE has gone and tried to copy Firefox. Anyway, if you switch over, they have an easy thing to load all your bookmarks over to their browser - totally simple (even a child could do it!). Keep both on your desktop for awhile and compare. I bet you'll find you like-a de Firefox mas !