Marriage Visa Requirement Confusing

Hello, So me and my Thai girlfriend will get married soon and i have read online depending on which country go to apply for the type o immigration marriage visa the amount you need in a thai account varies? 400,000 for Malaysia, 100,000 for Laos? Is this correct and if so how much do i need in the bank if i go to cambodia and can i actually apply for it in that country?

Also do i have to have the money in 2 months prior to me going to another country to apply for the visa? Or can i just put a huge lump some of money in my thai bank account at a later date?

Also do i need to show prove of income into my thai account of 40,000 minimum for the last 6 months or?

Money is off no issue but i just need clarification on all of the above, i am just getting conflicting information online.

What else do i also need to apply for this visa? Thanks

Edited by sunfruitdan

This is very clear. Thank you Ubonjoe.

If I go to Savvanakhet for this Non O visa (I am legally married to a Thai Citizen), can I immediately apply for a work-permit when back in Thailand?

I have been working for a Non profit organization, but stopped working there as I found a teaching job.

My visa was Non O (non profit) valid to October 2019.  Just learned that this Visa expires if you are no longer working for the non profit organization.

So my plan is/was to go to Laos (Savvanakhet, as they provide the year Visa, right?) and with this Visa let my School apply for the work-permit.

Please advice.

10 minutes ago, Jozef3 said:

If I go to Savvanakhet for this Non O visa (I am legally married to a Thai Citizen), can I immediately apply for a work-permit when back in Thailand?

Yes you can.

Be sure a copy of your marriage certificate is included in the application to prove the reason your non-o visa was issued for.

Thank you Ubonjoe, wow, swift reply.

One more question.

My income comes from the school in Thailand. If I do the extension at the Immigration here, do they accept proof of my school for the Monthly income of 40,000 THB?

1 minute ago, Jozef3 said:

My income comes from the school in Thailand. If I do the extension at the Immigration here, do they accept proof of my school for the Monthly income of 40,000 THB?

You can use your income from working to prove the minimum income of 40k baht. You will need to show tax payments receipts to prove your income when you apply for the extension.

On 3/31/2019 at 10:21 AM, ubonjoe said:

o apply for a non-o visa you need your marriage certificate plus copy, copies of you wife's house book registry and ID card signed by her.

just incase I go this way at some point, is it copy of house book,

or copy of house book registry, oh and if registry where can

I find her house book registry? thanks Joe. 

1 hour ago, zoza said:

just incase I go this way at some point, is it copy of house book,

or copy of house book registry, oh and if registry where can

I find her house book registry? thanks Joe. 

Her house book registry would be copies of page 1 and the page her name appears in the house book. You do not need a copy of every page of the house book.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes you can.

Be sure a copy of your marriage certificate is included in the application to prove the reason your non-o visa was issued for.

Thanks Ubonjoe,

Is very clear.