SSC15-T replacement parts. Possible?

Monomial

So I was out of the country for a few weeks and the pool had an issue. My wife then did a very bad thing. She was playing around trying to find the issue, and turned off the valve to the pool return. Not sure what she was thinking, but she then turned the pump on. Unfortunately, this caused enormous pressure and cracked the plastic casing on the SSC15-T salt water chlorinator around the screw on cover.

Making matters worse, she then used her own imagination to try and fix the issue (remember I was out of the country) by attempting to seal the leak with epoxy, resulting in the plastic cap screw cap being permanently bonded to the case so that it is now impossible to remove and clean the salt water element. Oh, and the leak is still not fixed. And the chlorinator is now no longer starting the pump and complaining of no water flow. Might be a problem with the gas sensor cable???

The only way I can see out of this problem is to purchase a new plastic case and saw open the old case. Unfortunately, nobody seems to sell SSC15-T plastic cases.

Does anyone know if it is possible to order this part from somewhere?

Any advice on how to proceed? I really, really don't want to spend 25,000 baht on an entirely new system.

Thanks.

13 minutes ago, Bagwain said:

I had ten of that brand blow on me in a week in a Condo complex a few yrs ago

Why would anyone have "ten" salt water chlorinators in a condo complex? are you sure?

OP you could try contact some of the "sellers" like swimmingpoolsinthailnd and see if they can help?

33 minutes ago, CGW said:

Why would anyone have "ten" salt water chlorinators in a condo complex? are you sure?

OP you could try contact some of the "sellers" like swimmingpoolsinthailnd and see if they can help?

Multiple pools & multiple systems!! Most brand name machines can't handle the unreliable power supply & the constant all yr round humidity. I will only use & recommend PuraPool systems now. 100% Aussie parts & made in Australia. Bullet proof, with extended warranties. Plenty of parts in Thailand, but never been called on in well over 5 yrs! 

1 hour ago, CGW said:

That is a reasonable price based on what I have seen. Apparently though, I also need part 23 (the O-ring), that they seem to have for 140 baht, but I also require part 30 (the cap).

The issue appears to be that I can not purchase part 30 (the cap) independent of the entire chlorinator cell assembly, which is 14,000 baht.

32 minutes ago, Monomial said:

That is a reasonable price based on what I have seen. Apparently though, I also need part 23 (the O-ring), that they seem to have for 140 baht, but I also require part 30 (the cap).

The issue appears to be that I can not purchase part 30 (the cap) independent of the entire chlorinator cell assembly, which is 14,000 baht.

Search reveals cell parts diagram which links Pool Master Asia Co. Maybe worth a call.

https://www.poolmaster.asia/shop/emaux-ssc15-e-ssc25-e-replacement-parts/

emaux.png.ac67622c5dbe937dbb1ca9c81b03621b.png

• 6 months later...

You're lucky, I had a worst problem with an Emaux ssc50: the pump was off and the valve return was closed for maintenance, but the chlorinator was still on.

The plastic case exploded (high pressure chlorine gas and plastic electrode housing do not work well) but fortunately no one was near the chlorinator.

I agree that Emaux is not the best brand, but you can find all the spare parts.

With this brand(Emaux), you will probably also need to change the internal fuses after a few years (and sometimes the fuse holders).

you may have an intermittent error (fault code 888 for example) with the fuse problem (in most cases the fuse or fuse holder starts to corrode)

emaux ssc50.jpg

emaux ssc50 fuse2.jpg

I have done this so many times it is a joke!

There is a shop I go in regular for small bits etc.

Every time there is a new Emaux on the floor in the shop waiting to get sorted.

Use some Farang Logic!! You get what ya pay for!!!

• 1 month later...

The 888 alert was a known issue. The internal parts of the Emaux SSC Series (motherboard and fuseholders) have been completely redesigned. Since 2017 all Emaux products come with a 2 year warranty. Genuine warranty claims are always accepted if the products were purchased through a reputable dealer or accredited Emaux main agent.

Archived