renew retirement extension in advance?

My extension of stay retirement Non-O visa renewal date is 21 May. In April (date yet unknown) I'm due for a hip replacement. I may not be mobile enough by 21 May esp as Khon Kaen Immigration is now in a 2nd floor location. How far in advance can I apply for the extension ? Also I think I've seen some discussion where when one is invalided a surrogate ( my wife maybe?) could go on my behalf'. Is that an option?

You can apply up to 30 days early or 45 days at some offices. I think KK immigration will do it 45 days early.

That certainly would do it earlier than normal if you showed them proof you were scheduled for surgery.

Immigration has rules that allows somebody to the extension for you with proof you could not do it yourself. I am sure they would let you wait downstairs if you were unable to get up the stairs which would be equal to doing it yourself.

"You can apply up to 30 days early or 45 days at some offices. I think KK immigration will do it 45 days early."

Please how to count? For example my renewal is 26 May. I asked today Sakon Nakhon Immigration. I thought 45 days earlier it's April 11. They said i have to count the 26th as well. Is that really correct? Thanks in advance for any help. 

I have changed my date of expiry several times over the years. As long as the date is brought forward there has been no problem. You sign that you are asking for a date change. Basically you are paying for 12 months but getting only 11 months ( for example). So it doesnt seem to bother them.  Once its changed it remains that date for the following years. 

I can pm u with a photo of the stamp with the date changed if you want. Let me know. 

• Like 1

The lengths some will go to to stay here. I once saw an ambulance arrive at CW Immigration. They wheeled some old guy in on a gurney, attached to a drip and looking on his last legs. Couldn't the hospital have provided him with a letter of explanation, which surely Immigration would accept?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

The lengths some will go to to stay here. I once saw an ambulance arrive at CW Immigration. They wheeled some old guy in on a gurney, attached to a drip and looking on his last legs. Couldn't the hospital have provided him with a letter of explanation, which surely Immigration would accept?

Possibly an ambulance from his home. Most major hospitals can help with these matters. Even organizing an extension. 

Mind you, letting the hospital have your passport can be another matter.

Edited by jacko45k

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE FROM OP:

Khon Kaen allows early extension of 45 days

I did mine on 29  April  - my current extension ran until 21 May 2019, The new visa extension is 21 May 2020.

DOCs needed:

Copy of passport data page and of the Visa page

TM7 form

overstay acknowledgement fine/blacklist form to sign

acknowledgement of Terms and Conditions page  top half is in Thai -Bottom half is in English      (my wife says they say the same thing)

Photo

Bankbook updated on day of your application  - plus a copy

Letter from bank (my bank charge 100 baht for this)

Yellow Book and copy as your proof of residence.

Fee: 1900

• Like 2