Should I be paid in Thai baht, GBP or US$

I know there are some sensible types on here who can provide reasoned direction:

If I had the option to change the way I am being paid, all of a sudden my GBP is getting me 30 something baht instead of the 50 I expected would return. The macro trends suggests this trend will continue as opposed to ever recovering again ( there was me hoping I would get the 80 odd when I first arrived in country)

so I can do GBP $ or Baht,

does any one have any reasoned arguments about which is the best currency to be paid in

my rational for avoiding the baht so far has been that I am (perhaps some bias here) expecting a crash once we discover how badly the military have robbed the country since 2014.  Based on how things are constructed in the country I struggle to beleive that the Baht could be the wayu to go

but the country continues to grow, new hotels new shopping malls etc. etc.

You don’t say how/from what you are being “paid”: ie is this a variable salary or some kind of pension or annuity  or a return that you earn from some capital  that you have.

If you have a fixed GBP income or capital sum and you just switch that to say, Thai baht , you may just be switching for a lower return/ income at ( maybe) just the wrong time: and locking yourself into those lower returns going forward .

Personally , I would not switch sterling investments to Baht investments right now. In general the yield on Baht investments is lower than sterling investments of similar risk profile, and arguably, sterling is a cheap currency right now and the Baht looks to be , at the least , fairly valued, if not over valued. 

FWIW I would first look to see if you can up your sterling income without taking too much extra risk.  And, in the medium, long term, look to diversify your currency exposure. Before thinking about the Baht I would look at the Sing dollar ( as a regional currency hedge) and also the US dollar.