Khao Takiab Bay Accomodation - Help

mackayae

Looking for bungalow, hotel or resort on beach, Takiab Bay south of Chopstick Hill, for family with 3 children. Have only been able to find 2 thru the web, Takiab Beach Hotel and Blue Wave, but they are not on the beach.

Any ideas.

Blue Wave is almost on the beach, if a bit tacky. I don't have a number for it, but Baan Napaphan (just north of Monkey Hill, if that's what you mean) might have something for around 1,500 baht (or her sisters might have a nicer place at Anantasila, on the south side). But this is still high season with European long-term stayers.

• 2 weeks later...
:o I lived at Anatisila in a penthouse on the roof for 22000 baht per month, dont think it would have been pleasant in the rainy season as most of the accommodation was exposed to the weather, the bedroom however was enclosed like a hotel room....the views were spectacular, a dose of morning prozac could never come close to this however due to lack of adequate medical facilities relocated to Bangkok, but the memories linger happily..They do have their own website if you search...a private beach and a wonderful terrace restaurant right on the beach...the staff very pleasant and my landlady, Khun Sakroona, one of the most wonderful thai wimmin I have had the pleasure to meet, previously lived at her sisters place, Baan Napapan, indeed another woman of graceful mien and they have become my family and we remain in touch to this day..accommodation in that area is available but suggest you make the trip and check the possibilites out, there are a variety of places and not all up market, unlike Anatisila which is around 3000 baht per night for a regular room..I can only say that it was the happiest 5 months of living in Khoh Takeab...hope you concur... :D Dukkha

• 2 weeks later...
:o I lived at Anatisila in a penthouse on the roof for 22000 baht per month, dont think it would have been pleasant in the rainy season as most of the accommodation was exposed to the weather, the bedroom however was enclosed like a hotel room....the views were spectacular, a dose of morning prozac could never come close to this however due to lack of adequate medical facilities relocated to Bangkok, but the memories linger happily..They do have their own website if you search...a private beach and a wonderful terrace restaurant right on the beach...the staff very pleasant and my landlady, Khun Sakroona, one of the most wonderful thai wimmin I have had the pleasure to meet, previously lived at her sisters place, Baan Napapan, indeed another woman of graceful mien and they have become my family and we remain in touch to this day..accommodation in that area is available but suggest you make the trip and check the possibilites out, there are a variety of places and not all up market, unlike Anatisila which is around 3000 baht per night for a regular room..I can only say that it was the happiest 5 months of living in Khoh Takeab...hope you concur... :D Dukkha

My family and I just spent two weeks there (Anantasila Villa). Great hotel. Very picturesque and tranquil. It is ideal for families and kids. It is right on the beach plus has a pool. Our room had a kichenette and slept six. The beach is very nice and user friendly. I would recommend staying at a this hotel rather than Hua Hin which has no beach during high tide. The beach is equipped with chairs, umbrellas and shade trees.

www.anantasila.com

Edited by mackayae

• 10 months later...

dukkha, I visited Anantasila website. I am wonderig how coud you get such a great rate of 22000 baht per month. Anantasila's website posted a daily rate with a minimum of a few thousand baht per day. And they do not post any monthly rate. We, a retire couple from Seattle, are looking for a nice place like Anantasila to stay for 4-5 months as well. Would you be kindly sharing how you get this kind of monthly rate? Is that a special rate for you or it's a normal charge for a longstayer?

thank you

:o Snowbirds...just read your post today

A little complicated but will try and be concise

Had rented a bungalow from the sister of the owner of Anantisila, two sisters own a wing each of the resort.

I had been renting from the third sister at Baan Napapan for almost one and a half years and so knew the

family...was wanting a hotel room for an aussie friend for a week but he is a glamor puss so they showed

me the penthouse facing the beach, the fifth floor...was taken aback by its beauty, asked if they did

long term rentals..she said sure. I asked how much and she said 25 000 per month...we negotiated and got it

for 22 000, stayed 5 months...have since learnt it is much more expensive and has been renovated...

they also have other accommodation long term at the resort..you needs ask just what is available and what price

I guess now is high season and they can ask what they want...I guess they were favorable as had been a long

term tenant of the family at their other property and knew me well..wish you luck but it was the most enjoyable

place I have lived in my 8 years here...there is a brother also who has built another accommodation outside the

gates to Anantisila, was not finished in my time, give it a go also..but as far as Koh Takeab goes it is the finest.

:D Dukkha

Had rented a bungalow from the sister of the owner of Anantisila, two sisters own a wing each of the resort.

I had been renting from the third sister at Baan Napapan for almost one and a half years and so knew the

family...was wanting a hotel room for an aussie friend for a week but he is a glamor puss so they showed

me the penthouse facing the beach, the fifth floor...was taken aback by its beauty, asked if they did

long term rentals..she said sure. I asked how much and she said 25 000 per month...we negotiated and got it

for 22 000, stayed 5 months...have since learnt it is much more expensive and has been renovated...

they also have other accommodation long term at the resort..you needs ask just what is available and what price

I guess now is high season and they can ask what they want...I guess they were favorable as had been a long

term tenant of the family at their other property and knew me well..wish you luck but it was the most enjoyable

place I have lived in my 8 years here...there is a brother also who has built another accommodation outside the

gates to Anantisila, was not finished in my time, give it a go also..but as far as Koh Takeab goes it is the finest.

Hi Dukkha,

I'd like to thank you for your kindly reply and your time in explaining the surrounding situation. At least, I knew that you had rented from a group of nice people and Kao Takiab is a good area. It's very positive feed back. So, I'll contact them and will find out about long terms rental and a current market situation. thanks, snowbirds

Hi Dukkha,

I'd like to thank you for your kindly reply and your time in explaining the surrounding situation. At least, I knew that you had rented from a group of nice people and Kao Takiab is a good area. It's very positive feed back. So, I'll contact them and will find out about long terms rental and a current market situation. thanks, snowbirds :D Pleased to be of help...jujst clarified the situation a little for you and hope your endeavours bear some delightful fruit... :D Dukkha

When dukkha says the nicest place he stayed in 8 years was at Anantasila, that's saying a lot (he once had a huge place on the tenth floor of a condo overlooking Doi Suthep). When I checked at the high rise next to Baan Napaphan, it was hard to find a place for under 25K. Nern Chalet is excellent, too. Blue Wave, by contrast, is several steps down.

You could get off season contracts for up to 6 months, but getting a contract that went through high season was like asking for the sun and the moon. At least, that was true for the nice beachfront places along Kao Takiab in 2005-2006

:o Nicest PB in terms of location...the condo in CM was only 8000 baht a month, unfurnished, and indeed splendido

view of the mountain/s..however as I enjoy where the sea meets the land, Anantisila, more than anywhere, provided me with a different scape each day...now could not afford to live in such luxury....now my view is of tollways and concrete

phallic buildings, but hey, when one closes ones door, comfort is of a different genre....even went to Udon Thani a few weeks back and was pleasantly surprised by the city itself...clean and quiet but most places are compared with The Big Mango...guess a city slicker at heart ... :D Dukkha

• 2 years later...

:) Reading those posts brought back so many happy memories.

Eventually in 2006 we sadly had to leave our wonderful Anantisila penthouse and moved to Bangkok.

We had no difficulty in finding a two bedroom apartment, 18 000 baht a month at Sribumpen Condo Home in soi Sribumphen.

The manage then offered us another 2 bedroom on a much higher floor for 16 000 baht, it too was comfortable. By 2009 16 000 baht was becoming out of our range and so we went on a waiting list at Pitak Court. In August we rented a one bedroom apartment in this well known building for 10 000 baht a month with no signed lease. Sadly by early December I was on a plane home to Melbourne Australia with cancer. I believe Satorn Soi 1 was a dangerous place during the recent crisis. I miss it terribly but Thailand does not provide free medical care for ex pats and the insurance premiums would have been astonomical and any claim would most likely be seen as a pre existing illness...ho hum, for a one bedroom shoe box in the inner city here we pay 260 AUD a month, it is now wonder so many ex pats on pensions find life in Bangkok, more so in Chiangmai, less financially stressful....impermanence!