Brush every day and don't let your kids drink bottled milk!

webfact

Brush every day and don't let your kids drink bottled milk!

9pm.jpg
Caption: 18 Cavities

Thai Rath reported on a Facebook post by a Phuket hospital dentist in which he revealed that he had removed 18 rotten teeth from a four year old child's mouth. 

Only one was left on each side of the upper set. 

Sathianken Suravisankul - or Dr Ken at Patong Hospital - called on parents to get their children to brush every day and avoid bottled milk.

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-04-10
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, soistalker said:

No bottled milk, dont look at the full moon too long, dont cut fingernails at night, eat durian if pregnant to have boy.

Or, as our neighbor does, her 3 kids get dressed for school and in the car, then a towel on their laps to cover their shorts / skirts and towel comes up to cover their shirts and blouses, now mum hands out breakfast, same every day, each kid gets 2 full size kit kat bars. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Lots of toddlers and young children get caries from being given milk before bed or as a "sippy" pacifier for the night. This is because all milk, including from the breast, contains sugars which can harm tooth enamel.

Better to woo little ones on to water to spare them the trauma of dental treatment at a very young age and parents from an avoidable pain the wallet.

Edited by Krataiboy

Also do not leave a baby's milk bottle in its mouth whilst lying down. The milk leaks into the ear canal and causes ear infections. My daughter suffered these infections up until she was 8 because we never knew.

There is good evidence that if baby is given a bottle of formula while lying flat, the formula can get into the Eustachian tubes and middle ear and cause an infection.

if they mean formula milk which is full of soy, sugar, transfat, chemicals, than no .... breast milk would be better...

nothing to do with the soda's , the candy ?

teeth go first when the body is too acidic from all those chemical sugar laden fake foods

• Like 1

Most pasteurized milk is dead milk because all of the nutrients are compromised through heating conventional pasteurized milk (sometimes with BHG) to high temperatures.   Goat milk is a better option as the goats are not treated inhumanely like cows are.    Almond and coconut milk for healthy alternatives.    Soy is not good, in my opinion, as previously thought.

• Sad 1

Excessive bottle use can cause early tooth decay in children, sometimes referred to as early childhood caries. The most common cause is when children are frequently put to bed with a bottle, or even allowed to suck on a bottle continuously throughout the day. The result is worse when children are given sugary drinks in their bottle, but even just milk, breast milk, or formula can trigger decay. Sipping on a bottle continuously means sustained bacteria activity, which leads to rapid tooth decay.

10 hours ago, johng said:

At 4 years old wont they still be "milk teeth" ie: not the set that need to last ?

Does it make a difference?

Whether it is the first set or the last set once the pattern of sweetened milk or other sugary products is set the results are magnified.

In my experiences here..I have seen that most Thais do not practice preventive care and instead wait until there is a problem to see a doctor or dentist...and that is the problem...as that concept reaches into other aspects of their lives as well...road safety...do not practice prevention...just wait till theres an accident

• Like 1

16 hours ago, scorecard said:

Or, as our neighbor does, her 3 kids get dressed for school and in the car, then a towel on their laps to cover their shorts / skirts and towel comes up to cover their shirts and blouses, now mum hands out breakfast, same every day, each kid gets 2 full size kit kat bars. 

Health food nut is she ?

Do thai women even breast feed?! My wife breast fed my daughter until she could pull up her shirt, pull out a titty out of the bra, and suckle. The longer a child breastfeeds, the smarter the child is. I'm thinking this is what leads to such low IQs in Thailand. Women who feel shame at breastfeeding are not real women. It is a beautiful thing.