Which TG Domestic Flights Are Moving To Don Muang?

george

I read somewhere that TG domestic flights operating out of DM will have four digit flight numbers. Maybe try the online booking engine on the TG website... see if your desired Khon Kaen flights have these four digit flight numbers?

EDIT- After suggesting it I went and tried it, to no avail. All flight combinations I tried still show 3 digit flights with BKK airport codes. I guess they haven't worked it out yet. Maybe too soon...? gotta apply the TIT factor - only 3 weeks from now!

Edited by bino

I have tried to find info on which domestic destinations with TG will stay at Suvarnabhumi?

Anyone know if Khon Kaen flights with TG will stay at Suvarnabhumi?

I am pretty much sure they are still in the process of re-organizing their schedule....

and I am again pretty much sure they will announce it on the website as soon as the decisions have been made.....

so probably u have no other option right now but WAIT AND SEE, because I doubt that the THAI-callcenter has full knowledge of all details at this moment....

right now it has been stated..link posted elsewhere, that 6 Tg Dom will stqay at SuwannaBoom.. that is not to say thihngs are firm...Was stated to be 2 Phuket, 2 Chang Mai, 2 Krabi and the rest are off to Don Muank DMK Int'l ..I have a few flights pending so we'll have to see. Here are two different pieces of info with two slightly different spins

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question:

Isn't every flight potentially a "transfer" to an international flight?

I'm thinking this will create one heck of a lot of confusion in the near term:

Thai Airways to switch most domestic flights to Bangkok's old airport

The Associated Press

Thursday, March 1, 2007

BANGKOK, Thailand: Thai Airways will begin operating 30 daily domestic flights from Bangkok's old Don Muang airport starting March 25, an airline official said Thursday. The national carrier will maintain six daily flights at the new international airport, Suvarnabhumi, between Bangkok and the northern city of Chiang Mai and two popular islands, Phuket and Krabi, said Thai Airways President Apinan Sumanaseni.

The announcement by Thailand's national carrier came a week after the government approved the reopening of Don Muang to ease congestion at Suvarnabhumi, which opened in September but needs repairs to taxiways and in the main terminal.

Apinan said all the flights being transferred to Don Muang will be domestic-bound routes that do not transfer to international flights.

Critics have objected to reopening Don Muang, saying it will be confusing to tourists and could cause logistical problems shuttling between the two because of Bangkok's legendary traffic jams.

Transport Minister Thira Hao-Charoen said last month that three budget airlines — Nok Air, One-Two-Go and PB Air — were also planning to operate domestic flights from Don Muang.

flyr16

View Public Profile

Send a private message to flyr16

Find More Posts by flyr16

Add flyr16 to Your Buddy List

Released : Friday, 2nd March 2007

Further to Thai Government Policy, the new Suvarnabhumi Airport will continue to operate and the previous airport, Don Muang (DMK) will re-open on 25 March 2007. THAI (some flights), Nok Air and Orient Thai Airlines will operate domestic flights from the Don Muang Domestic Terminal. Flights without international connections will be transferred to Don Muang.

Flights to Phitsanulok, Udon Thani, Ubon Ratchatani and Surat Thani will operate from Don Muang.

Flights to Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Phuket, Hadyai and Krabi will operate at both Don Muang and the new Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Flights operating from Don Muang will use a 4-digit flight number e.g. TG1100.

Suvarnabhumi Airport will continue to operate and some areas will be temporarily closed for repairs.

Don Muang Airport will be coded DMK and Suvarnabhumi Airport will be coded BKK.

Further updates will be advised as new information comes to hand. Passengers affected by any flight or airport changes will be notifed.

For more information, contact Sue Marr (02) 9844 0901 or email [email protected]

THAI reservations : 1300 651 960

Mar 1, 07, 8:00 am

I have tried to find info on which domestic destinations with TG will stay at Suvarnabhumi?

In a reply from TG to my e-mail enquiry, they sated that :

KhonKaen, Phitsanoluk, Udon and Unbon will exclusively fly in and out of Don Muang from 26 March

Phuket, Krabi, Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai will have both Don Muang and Suvanabhumi flights

More details should be available from 20 March.....

Edited by Krub

Source

Thai to shift 30 services back to Don Muang

Monday, March 05, 2007

When Don Muang opens for business again on the 25th of March, Thai Airways will be one of the three carriers scheduled so far to use the old international airport for domestic services, with the shifting of 30 of its current domestic services.

In a statement, Chokchai Panyawong, Thai Airways Executive Vice President said that the airline was co-ordinating the return to Don Muang with the officials from the Airports of Thailand as well as the police, and that Thai Airways International will spend THB10 million in the relocating its domestic operations.

The costs will cover shipping around 20% of its current ground-service equipment, which includes ramps, stair vehicles and also power units.

Thai will operate a passenger terminal at the Don Muang domestic terminal building and the carrier also has intentions to upgrade the terminal’s existing IT system and X-ray machines.

A spokesperson from Thai Airways said to e-Travel Blackboard that the focus for this shift in airports would be on non-connecting flights within Thailand.

From the 25th of March, flights to Phitsanulok, Udon Thani, Ubon Ratchathani and Surat Thani will only be operating from Don Muang, and flights to and from the old international airport will operate will four-digit flight numbers.

Flights to Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Phuket, Hadyai and Krabi will be operating via both Don Muang and Suvarnabhumi, again with the focus being non-connecting flights being moved to Don Muang.

The three other carriers planning to revert back to Don Muang by its tentative reopening date on March 25 are Nok Air and Orient Thai. One-Two-Go, and PB Air have yet to make a decision for the move and AirAsia has stipulated that it will only move back to Don Muang if they decided to move all operations.

Peter

My flight from Chiang Mai and onward to Moscow will be in late May, but how do they know I'm continuing on, if I don't tell them? I can input CNX-Moscow (getting the right Russian airport), but sometimes that confuses the search engines. Anyway, I've already bought my ticket from BKK Swamp-bunny to Russia, using FF miles. I can walk into their offices when I'm not busy, since TG has spiffy new offices here. But were I in Phrao or MaeHongSon or Lampang, I'd have to believe the call center folks.

I guess you just have to look at the flight list and select the one going to BKK instead of DMK. Or vice versa. Of course, first they have to change the flight schedules, which they haven't done yet. I see they don't fly to Bangkok early enough anyway, so I'll spend a night in the capital before heading out to Cobra Swamp before dawn.

In a reply from TG to my e-mail enquiry, they sated that :

KhonKaen, Phitsanoluk, Udon and Unbon will exclusively fly in and out of Don Muang from 26 March

Phuket, Krabi, Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai will have both Don Muang and Suvanabhumi flights

More details should be available from 20 March.....

Thha is consistant with what I've learned so far. Note that I did e-mail; the "shiela" for TG in Oz and have no return....I can't wait to see how the Songrkan mess goes. I'm going to stretch the system..... Book thru from the US UA to TG with a late pm BKK HKT flight. Now, since there ia no business class I will stay airside, be at the desk at 0530 when they open and go for a stand by for Bus to HKT. OK, will they get my baggage, should be able to do so as the link with UA and TG will know I have bags before I land in BKK. How is i going to go, I expect (and hope ) well!

As to the rest of the mess I won't speculate on which two of the many flights BKK HKT will stay at SuwannaBoom and which will go to DMK (DEon Muang) but if I were to bet having cleared passport in HKT a number of times the first flight is full of transit pax.....Many Many people camping in the lower floor area of the TG desk right below the intersection of term's A,B, & C to D

The following is an initial plan for TG operations at both airports.

TG will operate domestic flights from both airports scheduled from 25th March 2007, with some test flights commencing from 20th March.

The IATA code for Don Muang will be DMK & for Suvarnabhumi, BKK. This will be reflected in all GDS's in due course.

Flights to PHS UTH UBP & URT will operate from DMK only.

Flights to CNX CEI HKT HDY & KBV will operate from both DMK & BKK. To date we have no information as to flight times, numbers etc.

Flights operating from DMK will operate with a 4-digit code starting in the 1000 series. E.g. TG1100 - to avoid confusion.

Edited by enyaw

Got an e-mail from the "Shjeila" for TG in Oz and it said nada.Obviously they dont' know jack at this point. I do have to add this new piece of info NEW INFO:

a TG supervisor in the res office in LAX advised me that people would be contacted about the change. I suppose if you have a old ticket scrolled on a rock or an old rice sack you'll be out of luck but she was totally strong about e-tickets getting the word! I can't wait to see the lines for standbys to change flights at the TG desk on SuwannaBoom level 2 beneath the area of intersection of A, B, C, & D. How many people who arrive at BKK will want to go to DMK...Not me! Although for my return trips to Bangkok I really don;t care where I arrive as long as the hotel car service gets it right. I don't see a big differance in the trip from Don Muang or SuwannaBoom as for many headed to the Sukhumvit area your last bit of the journey will be on the same area of expressway!

Edited by SoiSong

I normally fly to/from Udon Thani via Europe.

Trying to book my next return trip and adding x hours to transfer between Dong Muang and Savanaboom is really fun, I love this place :D

And I am convinced Savanboom is THE international showcase for Thailand

, what a joke this country :o

right now it has been stated..link posted elsewhere, that 6 Tg Dom will stqay at SuwannaBoom.. that is not to say thihngs are firm...Was stated to be 2 Phuket, 2 Chang Mai, 2 Krabi and the rest are off to Don Muank DMK Int'l ..I have a few flights pending so we'll have to see. Here are two different pieces of info with two slightly different spins

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question:

Isn't every flight potentially a "transfer" to an international flight?

I'm thinking this will create one heck of a lot of confusion in the near term:

Thai Airways to switch most domestic flights to Bangkok's old airport

The Associated Press

Thursday, March 1, 2007

Flights to Phitsanulok, Udon Thani, Ubon Ratchatani and Surat Thani will operate from Don Muang.

In nearly every post, every news story and every TG missive quoted here, Khon Kaen (KKC) always seems to be missing. Presumably KKC flights would move to DMK, but who knows?

Trying to book my next return trip and adding x hours to transfer between Dong Muang and Savanaboom is really fun, I love this place :D

You can't ask a travel agent to help you out?

You can't ask a travel agent to help you out?

Even TG does not spell it out on their websites so the poor travel agent is even less likely to be a good source of reliable info

I think KKC will shift to DMK asit is never mentioned as an 'international' desitiantion by TG (not like Phuket, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Krabi)

In nearly every post, every news story and every TG missive quoted here, Khon Kaen (KKC) always seems to be missing. Presumably KKC flights would move to DMK, but who knows?

The only information I could find was in yesterdays business section of The Nation:

Thai Airways will move some domestic flights from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Don Muang from March 25.

Don Muang will handle second-tier routes such as Udon Thani, Khon Kaen, Phitsanulok and Ubon Ratchathani.

full story can be found at:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007/03/06...ss_30028558.php

Shall we continue to beat a dead dog since most here know that TIT will always remain supreme on all issues. Beside, how could the schedule be a political football.

Know that all "Second Tier" routes will be at DMK the question is Phuket, the two Chiangs , and Krabi and which flight will fly out of BKK DMK at what time.

I have yet to hear back from the "Shiela on OZ" who left and e-mail address to inquire. But, why should we e-mail OZ anyway.

Here is what I do know. Just got a rebook for BKK HKT on the 0700 flight during the WaterWar Days. Was packed but being ever vigilant I got what I needed and a Sup in the LAX office advised me that the 0700 was considered connecting. I don't think that the issue of the differance between DOM and Int'l is of value but more over the connections from Int'l flights. When I asked if a flight could leave from BKK but return to DMK the answer was, Ka.............Yep, wich doesn't supprise me one bit. What do we know????

That those of you whom have tix will get and e-mail and that the 0700 to HKT from BKK is going to be unchanged.

Have fun and if you are not getting the flights you want keep calling as I think I got a mercy rebook and BTW, the sup was a Thai Lady and a lil Thai, as usual, went a long way..

Good luck and I can't wait to see the mess this will cause.

THIS IS THE REPLY I GOT BACK FROM THAI AIR,ABOUT FLYING DOMESTIC TO KHON KAEN.HOPE IT HELPS.

Dear customer,Since March 25.2007, flights from BKK to KKC and vv.will be operated at Donmuang airport.RegardsKasem K.

-----"Sanderson, Gareth \(UK\)" <[email protected]> wrote: -----

Date: 03/11/2007 03:47PM

Subject: Enquiry

Dear Sir/Madam
Could you give me any information on thai air domestic flights,i have booked tickets to fly from Bangkok to Khon kaen april 8 2007 and i was wondering which airport we would be flying from Suvarnabhumi or Don muang.
Thank you Mr Sanderson