Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Righto guys a new issue has surfaced for us who play fantasy as well, once you could access it from the AFL app can't do it anymore it seems, have a fantasy app on my phone but guess what appears not to be available anymore when I looked this morning to put it on my iPad mama mia what's with the tinker league ?

Up until this point I did it through saved web pages on my pc.....now if I want to travel.......big fingers on a small phone....geeeeeeesssssss

The AFL Fantasy League app has been around for a few years now but don't think it's ever been available as a separate iPad app. The work around for that is to search (on your iPad) for "iPhone Only" - which is the first tab on the left hand side of your screen - then it will show up and you can download it onto your iPad.

Log in using the same details you would if you were using a PC/Laptop... I've never found it particularly helpful other than to check how the team is going.

Thanks GRANT but I looked under iPad iPhone when in the App Store, think I will try hooking my iPad back into the iMac iTunes stores all your apps I might be able to get it that way, though I might be blind for not seeing it I will keep rooting around but failing that I saved the fantasy web page on the pad.

Right while once again rooting around for fantasy players when at least in the afl iPad app once you actually go into the tipping .......fantasy locator appears in the horizontal ledger....next to help.....my god there confused me, really should it be this hard? Telstra wants us in tablets and phone yet they made it difficult instead.....post-186435-14590651357719_thumb.jpg

Hello all, I have got a IPad Pro and I can access the tipping and the Fantasy Team from the App. There was an update on Thursday night to the app which run and now have access before then I could not. I would check you have the latest version by looking at your update history, mine is 3.3.0. I hope this helps

• Like 1

I picked the Bulldogs, I recall they beat the Eagles first game last year too.

Freo will never win a premiership until someone there realises you have to kick goals to win games. Stopping the other side from getting winning scores only works for so long.

Bennell will help when he is back...They might have Cam Mccarthy and Jesse Hogan next year also

I said it earlier...If Freo lost badly to the Doggies they would be lucky to make top 8 this year. They look like a top 6-10 side.

Other teams will look at that dismantling and look to run them ragged. Bulldogs squandered another 6 or 7 goals , so the scoreline still flattered Freo.

Looking forward to watching the Doggies games this year

• Like 2

Port/Saints, what a game, hard fast and high scoring. Saints by 6 at half time but should be further in front. Good pressure by both sides. I tipped port being a home game.

I only saw highlights but thought the Saints looked impressive.

Hello all, I have got a IPad Pro and I can access the tipping and the Fantasy Team from the App. There was an update on Thursday night to the app which run and now have access before then I could not. I would check you have the latest version by looking at your update history, mine is 3.3.0. I hope this helps

Thanks but they made many changes from last season, we were not aware and have caught me at least and few others out, on top of that in a few cases it just isn't clear, example if your not in a tipping contest you wouldn't find the fantasy as you need to go there first, on my iPhone I Have the afl app which will take you to tipping and a afl fantasy app, it works still but does not come up in the App Store anymore, I will hook up my iPad to my iMac tomorrow and try and get the fantasy app on to the iPad....since it will be saved in my iTunes.....never mind I've found a few avenues to the sites I need just saying it shouldn't have been so confusing.

Freo will never win a premiership until someone there realises you have to kick goals to win games. Stopping the other side from getting winning scores only works for so long.

Bennell will help when he is back...They might have Cam Mccarthy and Jesse Hogan next year also

I said it earlier...If Freo lost badly to the Doggies they would be lucky to make top 8 this year. They look like a top 6-10 side.

Other teams will look at that dismantling and look to run them ragged. Bulldogs squandered another 6 or 7 goals , so the scoreline still flattered Freo.

Yes well still early days man.....too soon to write off Freo and I'm not convinced dogs are a threat second year on with a who's in the team team....

Yes well still early days man.....too soon to write off Freo and I'm not convinced dogs are a threat second year on with a who's in the team team....
is that second part of the sentence a mystery wrapped in a riddle?

The Dogs play their first 7 games at Etihad.

I haven't looked at who they play, but not hard to imagine

They might be 7-nil or 6-1.

• Like 2

sensational to watch

im about to watch the Sydney replay

You could be right but I suspect that beating the Crows there as an indication of future form may not be something to bet the house on.

• Like 2

At the risk of sounding like a whinging Collingwood supporter, I thought the umpires in the Eagles-Lions game were very one sided. ​Even with the typical last quarter attempt to even out the stats, the free kicks count strongly favoured Brissie and a number of telling goals resulted from dodgy decisions.

The Eagles midfield are typically a small, fast, high possession gathering, side, but they are always down in the tackle count. This style of play, being first to the ball, generally means you do well in the free kicks department.

While umpires are expected to get a certain amount of decisions wrong, some they granted yesterday were idiotic!

And while I'm having a rant, I thought I saw a resurrection of Gavin Wanganeen out there! (The little guy who won a Brownlow by diving to the ground every time he got near the ball). Allen Christensen, a small Lions forward was given a bundle of frees, and several goals, for diving down to the ground while simultaneously throwing his head back as if he had been shot. A clever ruse, but one that modern day umpires shouldn't be getting sucked into.

In this day and age it's not beyond believable that a higher source would want a certain outcome especially if said case was a far flung footy team in a Rugby dominated area, its a well proven fact humans loose intrest when its all going one way...so young man you have caught a wriggle worm...the powers that bee just may take a contract out on you.... Run to the hills men..

is that second part of the sentence a mystery wrapped in a riddle?

Ive been studying politician speak bookie just in case the sex party want to nominate me for a seat in the senate in the next election.....glad to see someones noticing...

At the risk of sounding like a whinging Collingwood supporter, I thought the umpires in the Eagles-Lions game were very one sided. ​Even with the typical last quarter attempt to even out the stats, the free kicks count strongly favoured Brissie and a number of telling goals resulted from dodgy decisions.

The Eagles midfield are typically a small, fast, high possession gathering, side, but they are always down in the tackle count. This style of play, being first to the ball, generally means you do well in the free kicks department.

While umpires are expected to get a certain amount of decisions wrong, some they granted yesterday were idiotic!

And while I'm having a rant, I thought I saw a resurrection of Gavin Wanganeen out there! (The little guy who won a Brownlow by diving to the ground every time he got near the ball). Allen Christensen, a small Lions forward was given a bundle of frees, and several goals, for diving down to the ground while simultaneously throwing his head back as if he had been shot. A clever ruse, but one that modern day umpires shouldn't be getting sucked into.

In this day and age it's not beyond believable that a higher source would want a certain outcome especially if said case was a far flung footy team in a Rugby dominated area, its a well proven fact humans loose intrest when its all going one way...so young man you have caught a wriggle worm...the powers that bee just may take a contract out on you.... Run to the hills men..

Are you claiming that there is a conspiracy at the highest level of the AFL to have Brisbane win homes games by instructing umpires to manufacture penalties?

I am sending Chimpy down by Express POst to have your coffee beans checked for contaminants

Edited by BookMan

Are you claiming that their is a conspiracy at the highest level of the AFL to have Brisbane win homes games by instructing umpires to manufacture penalties?

I am sending Chimpy down by Express POst to have your coffee beans checked for contaminants

Book's....young man grab a hold of you hat, if i was to give you a history lesson we would have to go back before Roman times, i dont want to just disappear off the face of the earth like Old Croc might, i have a shiutizu dog to look after you know, but getting back to the post, There is a reason for the team second to the ball getting more free kicks, that just happened to Finnish close to the bottom last year that live in a rugby infested area and i heard near broke.

This is where your comprehension comes in by reading between the lines young man.

• Like 1

RIGHTO RIGHTO.....i hooked my iPad up to my iMac went into iTunes and was able to get the AFL fantasy app that i have on my phone on to my iPad, so for any out there who happen to have the app stored away nice and safely in there iTunes you can get it to your iPad...

Its possible while i been rooting around over this they might have reinstated that app but and theres always a but...and just one more time because it sounds silly.....BUT you can access it through the tipping....

Looking good for a straight 9 in the tipping this week. Go cats

i hope Alex picked freo and hawks

Yes i did...F******in Cats were another team that frustrated me all season long but hey still half a game to go....

Chooks with a possible perfect 9...hmmmm how we gonna get rid of him this season boys?

Career high disposals by Dangerfield, he was an almost certainty to have a huge day.

chortle... cool.png

• Like 2