Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Looking good for a straight 9 in the tipping this week. Go cats

i hope Alex picked freo and hawks

Yes i did...F******in Cats were another team that frustrated me all season long but hey still half a game to go....

Chooks with a possible perfect 9...hmmmm how we gonna get rid of him this season boys?

Career high disposals by Dangerfield, he was an almost certainty to have a huge day.

chortle... cool.png

alex must have forgotten the cats recruited well off season...

Congrats to Chooks and joboss. A great effort to pick

9 in what I thought was a difficult round.

Some solid performances all round really.

Looking forward to round 2 already.

Well done lads. 9/9 is difficult any week, but opening round! Superb!

• Like 2

Got a spare invite for me Will?

No biggy if not, I'm usually happy just watching the scores tick over and watching a bit of replay on the AFL site.

Just for you matethumbsup.gif

Thanks mate, just downloaded and watched the 1982 VFL G/F.

Mrs was quite taken with the short shorts but fortunately lost interest and wandered off by the time the nubile Ms D'Amico made her appearance.

I was at that historic game, sitting way upstairs behind the goals at the Punt Road end. Even that far away, it was clear to the 'naked' eye that Helen was not a natural blonde.

Female pubic hair has been through a fashion revolution since Thank you Brazil.

• Like 1

Was an easy start to the season, normally i would go for the pussys especially since i think they recruited the best by a country mile and the Hawks are on the downhill slide....just the Dogs, got to get my head around the Dogs...

2 gentlemen with the perffffect 9 well done, as long as I'm in front of Books and farmerJO I've done well.....

How did your warm up fantasy score go Alex?

I got ranked 175 out of 126 odd thousand but am sure when it starts proper,things will change.

As usual I never read the fine print and overlooked the "pick the margin" option.

Not sure what that meant but the default was obviously a long way out. facepalm.gif

Have u worked it out now okay Sceadugenga?

End of the season, if two tipsters are on the same points, the margin determines the overall winner

A good article by Hardie methinks.

There has been talk for a while about Lyon not playing the youngsters.

Brad Hardie: why Fremantle and Ross Lyon should copy the Geelong template

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/brad-hardie-why-fremantle-and-ross-lyon-should-copy-the-geelong-template-20160328-gnstct.html

I've been saying it...Freo could miss the top 8 this year

Fairly similar at St Kilda I believe? Lyon focuses solely on winning now and not building for the future?

Now ths was Interesting last week... I am fairly sure Sydney had the average youngest team on the field for the round

also interesting to Alex's ears, from the article..

"...Geelong showed against Hawthorn on Monday how it can work. And if Fremantle gets it right, up-and-coming talent could start to bloom just as Jesse Hogan comes home from Melbourne to provide the Dockers with the spearhead they've been looking for..."

• Like 1

Well good news at the Roo's.

Anderson is injured which hopefully makes way for Farren Ray to come off rookie list.

Think he's still got one good year left in him.

ANy news on Majak?

best to know if he is playing or not before i do my tips

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/brad-hardie-why-fremantle-and-ross-lyon-should-copy-the-geelong-template-20160328-gnstct.html

Fairly similar at St Kilda I believe? Lyon focuses solely on winning now and not building for the future?

Now ths was Interesting last week... I am fairly sure Sydney had the average youngest team on the field for the round

"...Geelong showed against Hawthorn on Monday how it can work. And if Fremantle gets it right, up-and-coming talent could start to bloom just as Jesse Hogan comes home from Melbourne to provide the Dockers with the spearhead they've been looking for..."

I would be staggered if Freo missed the 8.

Let's not forget they finished on top last year. They will still be hard to beat in Perth.

Also won't be the only side to get a touch up by the WB at Etihad.

They need more sausage rolls though.

• Like 1

New rules of the game!!

Basically there are 4 tweaks of rules this year:

• 10 metre exclusion rule
  • Stricter adjudication of tackles/holding ball/draggin ball under
  • Stricter adjudication of deliberate out of bounds
  • Interchange cap 90 rotation

How did they affect things round one? How will they affect things this year?

Less stoppages, more free flowing game and more goals (if they can kick straight).

I’m not a fan of the tickytouchwood 50’s though.

Can make a critical unfair change to the direction of a tight game.

• Like 2

Was an easy start to the season, normally i would go for the pussys especially since i think they recruited the best by a country mile and the Hawks are on the downhill slide....just the Dogs, got to get my head around the Dogs...

2 gentlemen with the perffffect 9 well done, as long as I'm in front of Books and farmerJO I've done well.....

How did your warm up fantasy score go Alex?

I got ranked 175 out of 126 odd thousand but am sure when it starts proper,things will change.

Don't know about ranking score was 1694 with one ruckman out on suspension good for close to 100 if we go by last season, obviously from now I need to fine tune, need to score in the high 1900 to win the flag again.

I got lucky last year this season it's about being competitive...hehe

• Like 1

I would be staggered if Freo missed the 8.

Let's not forget they finished on top last year. They will still be hard to beat in Perth.

Also won't be the only side to get a touch up by the WB at Etihad.

They need more sausage rolls though.

I'm guessing Freo will be back stronger than ever....they must think they can kick more goals because they haven't don't much in trying to get and forwards for this year and it's unlikely there sitting back waiting for a free agent or 2 when they have the team they have....I expect them to bounce back and strongly.

• Like 1

BS media at it....it's very simple, Freo need a forward or 2 now not in 2018, and the AFL won't let Hogan go anywhere, he won't want to go anywhere because the Dee's will make the finals next season, and this is the last time I will talk about that nonsense.

Ps....remember when first locket then later hall went to Sydney? It was AFL sanctioned, wouldn't be surprised that they gave there blessing for Franklin to be there.....they the AFL made a statement they want a strong demons team in Melbourne....

I shall not be drawn into this hogan crap again....