Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

some tight games coming up this weekend..

Geel v Weagles

Gold Coast v Melb

Doggies v Crows

Port v brissie

Come on BookMan.

I much prefer it when you play silly buggers with us allsmile.png

I just call them like i see them.. i can't be responsible for inner demons urging you to back Richmondgigglem.gif

Such as the Weagles and Geelong... West Cast at near full strength and a potent goal kicking posse..Grand finalists last season..

Geelong.. struggling to kick goals last year... their saviour Dangerfield is only one man

Be difficult not to select West Coast

Now that's What I'm talking aboutbiggrin.png

This tipping caper takes me back to my school days when copping 6 of the best was a regular occurance..Six weeks @ 6 wins a week.

So this week I tipped on Tuesday and will not change them under any circumstances

I tip Port to win when their stars are in and they lose,I I tip them to lose when their stars are out and they win.

Ozzydom post your tips so we can see them Then you will not be able to change.

Last week travelling to Chaing Mai I did not change my tips because the only access to the Internet was the wife's ipad and I hate using it. I usually change some tips but last week I was lucky.

OK,here they are...Hawks,,Magpies....Cats...Swans...Dees...Crows...GWS....N M....Port A

Ahhhhh your getting sucked into coughing up your choices.....its a mind game a couple of the players play ozz......

• Like 1

This tipping caper takes me back to my school days when copping 6 of the best was a regular occurance..Six weeks @ 6 wins a week.

So this week I tipped on Tuesday and will not change them under any circumstances

I tip Port to win when their stars are in and they lose,I I tip them to lose when their stars are out and they win.

Last week travelling to Chaing Mai I did not change my tips because the only access to the Internet was the wife's ipad and I hate using it. I usually change some tips but last week I was lucky.

OK,here they are...Hawks,,Magpies....Cats...Swans...Dees...Crows...GWS....N M....Port A

Ahhhhh your getting sucked into coughing up your choices.....its a mind game a couple of the players play ozz......

Melbourne for u?

Gold Coast was awful last week

Hogan with 7.

he could be the difference

Your new biy...whatisname...was very quiet last week

• Like 1

Dees and suns? both awful flip a coin, if your talking about Percarra or how every you spell is name actualy he wasnt so quite, racked up around 60 fanatsy points thats a fair tally for a player that spent most of the time in the forward zone and we were getting flogged.....

Plenty of might be's this week kid, can the Blues winn 3 in a row? they could you know and that enigma in Port...and the sick pies who cant play more than 3 quarters, can the Dogs win a big one?

• Like 1

Dees and suns? both awful flip a coin, if your talking about Percarra or how every you spell is name actualy he wasnt so quite, racked up around 60 fanatsy points thats a fair tally for a player that spent most of the time in the forward zone and we were getting flogged.....

Plenty of might be's this week kid, can the Blues winn 3 in a row? they could you know and that enigma in Port...and the sick pies who cant play more than 3 quarters, can the Dogs win a big one?

Christian Petracca our top draft pick and a gun of the future,shame on you Alexbiggrin.png

• Like 2

Take my tips seriously at your peril

• Like 1

Christian Petracca our top draft pick and a gun of the future,shame on you Alexbiggrin.png

Petracca was impressive and looks the goods to be a real quality player. Shame the saints over looked him and took that useless piece of excrement McCartin who can't get a regular game.
  • Like 1

The Daw has just been opened up on the Saints v Roos match...

That could change the tipping scenario...

Saints a real chance in this game I reckon...they looked polished and in control last week

I have tipped the saints for the upset, they are a quick side and have a lot up forward with Nick, Bruce, Membrey and the mozzie fleet of lonie, Sinclair, Billings and Newnes. That's four Jacks.

BookMan, thanks for the Membrey.

we owed u one after Barry Hall...and Lockett
  • Like 1

Teams and injuries for the round

Yeo back for West coast. ..giving them ful strength. might depend on which version of the Cats come out to play

melbourne with 4 changes and Gold Coast with Saad back... wonder if the 2 hour honesty session motovates them

Sydney has Nick Smith back... alliir alliir is dropped. .. all promotional and PR opportunities currently exhausted..

Collingwood makes a few changes

Richmond drop old man Maric. .

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2016-05-05/teams-named-for-round-seven.mobileapp

• Like 1

The Daw has just been opened up on the Saints v Roos match...

That could change the tipping scenario...

Saints a real chance in this game I reckon...they looked polished and in control last week

I have tipped the saints for the upset, they are a quick side and have a lot up forward with Nick, Bruce, Membrey and the mozzie fleet of lonie, Sinclair, Billings and Newnes. That's four Jacks.

BookMan, thanks for the Membrey.

we owed u one after Barry Hall...and Lockett
Do you want McCartin? Hard rubbish collection next week so you better be quick. He was put on ebay but no bids.
  • Like 1

"Sydney will be out to starve ball-guzzling Essendon of possession as they close in on their best AFL start this century."

The Swans host the Bombers at the SCG on Saturday after last week barely holding off another straggler in Brisbane, who outscored them in each of the last three quarters.

"It was a solid hit-out and that's probably held us in good stead for good preparation for this week," Swans midfielder Tom Mitchell said.

The win improved Sydney's season record to 5-1 – and they haven't had a 6-1 start to the season since 1998.

"It's a pretty positive vibe around the club and we obviously know things can change pretty quickly," Mitchell said.

Like Brisbane, Essendon have made a 1-5 start, though their struggles come as no surprise following the fallout from the drug scandal which enveloped the club.

For all their travails and the enforced loss of key players, the patched-up Bombers have still shown an aptitude for winning the ball.

They have the third highest average possessions per game, two places above the Swans, who boast one of the most celebrated on-ball divisions in the competition.

"We'll try and restrict their possession as much as possible," Mitchell said.

"They like the ball and having space and being able to run, we'll be trying to counteract.

"They still have a lot of quality players and we'll be doing everything we can to shut those guys down.

The biggest problem for Essendon – who have lost their last five games against the Swans – remains goalkicking, the Bombers averaging a league-low 8.7 per game.

"We'd like to find a way to be more consistent on the scoreboard, Bombers coach John Worsfold said on the Essendon website.

"We're having some good quarters and some good halves but then we're having quarters where we don't score or don't kick a goal."

Among the five changes to the Essendon side this week is a recall after injury for midfielder and 2012 Swans premiership player Craig Bird, who joined the Bombers after being released by Sydney.

Making their Bombers debut will be Mason Redman and Nathan Grima, while young midfielders Darcy Parish and Kyle Langford have been rested and Matthew Stokes is injured.

Sydney have made one change, with experienced defender Nick Smith back from injury in place of Aliir Aliir, who made his debut last week.

AAP

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/afl/sydney-swans/sydney-swans-close-in-on-best-start-this-century-against-essendon-20160506-goo9en.html#ixzz47r3VvHaJ
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Sydney Swans close in on best start this century against Essendon

Read more:http://www.smh.com.au/afl/sydney-swans/sydney-swans-close-in-on-best-start-this-century-against-essendon-20160506-goo9en.html#ixzz47r3bX4gs
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

"Brisbane confident of pulling an upset..."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-05-06/topnotch-midfield-has-leppitsch-smelling-an-upset

FOR THE first time this season, the Brisbane Lions will put out their best midfield against Port Adelaide on Sunday, and coach Justin Leppitsch is confident of an upset.

Dayne Beams' return from knee tendinitis means he will team with captain Tom Rockliff, Pearce Hanley, Dayne Zorko and Daniel Rich for the first time in 2016 and just the fourth time in his two seasons at the Lions.

Young Lion Keays aims to pick apart the Power

Speaking prior to the team's main training session at the Gabba on Friday morning, Leppitsch was as thrilled as a first-game player.

"We've got our best group together since I've been here, so that's exciting," he said.

"'Beamsy' will still be a few weeks away from his best football, but just to have the names there in that same midfield mix is fantastic."

Throw in hardened recruits from the past two years in Mitch Robinson, Allen Christensen, Ryan Bastinac and Tom Bell, and the Lions suddenly have an exciting and versatile group to run through the midfield.

Leppitsch said he didn't expect much from Beams first-up but, fresh from a strong showing against the Sydney Swans, felt his team could spring a surprise at Adelaide Oval.

The Lions upset Port at the Gabba last year, which also gave the coach belief.

Good article.

Saving football: New documents reveal how close the VFL came to shutting down

It's hard to believe but professional football in Victoria nearly collapsed in 1986.

With seven clubs on their financial knees - Fitzroy, Geelong, Footscray, Collingwood, Melbourne, North Melbourne and Richmond - the league was in dire straits.

Thirty years on, never-before-seen documents show just how close the corporate regulator came to shutting down professional football in this state.

Interesting article

Brisbane and West Coast propped up the competition through licence fees... putting the TV rights out to tender didn't hurt either

• Like 1

half time in Carlton v Collingwood...Carlton looking like they could pull off an upset

Over at Geelong.... Somehow West Coast went in leading at Q time... But Geelong now looking like they might blow the game apart. Weagels will have to come out at half time with a diff plan.

Bloody WCE !!!

The game is called football,,,, because you are supposed to kick the ball with your foot,

But nooo ! They have got “Dockers Disease”, where you handball it to the opposition when you have it going your way ???

Almost looks like they want to lose,, Maybe they don't like the song??

• Like 2

Good article.

Saving football: New documents reveal how close the VFL came to shutting down

It's hard to believe but professional football in Victoria nearly collapsed in 1986.

With seven clubs on their financial knees - Fitzroy, Geelong, Footscray, Collingwood, Melbourne, North Melbourne and Richmond - the league was in dire straits.

Thirty years on, never-before-seen documents show just how close the corporate regulator came to shutting down professional football in this state.

Wasn't rocket science to know that a number of VFL clubs were close to insovent, when West Coast won the flag i was so happy because they didn't care about WCE or Brisbane they just wanted the $$$, for years i was happy an interstate club took the cup...only with GWS and GC did they do due justice to a start up club the rest were just a quick cash grab and the new clubs thrown in the deep end.

Edited by AlexRRR

Its now official, I'm off there bandwagon too, the Magpies are total crap.......Edd's job is on the line now, Buckley is a coaches boot cleaner, he's backed him to the hilt the guys not up to it, if he dont sack him there will be a move on the board I'm sure.

• Like 2

A crap round for me so far.it started losing my internet friday night and won't be back till monday.

Managed to listen to a few games via slow alternatives which has been a blessing.

The only thing left going for me is a Kangaroos victory tomorrow.biggrin.png

• Like 1

Another day of close games...and a couple of tipping losses for myself sad.png ... Khunwill has gone past me again. I couldn't be happier about that. Really. Thechooks has his nose so close to my a.rse his nostril hairs are tickling the sensitive areas.

I didn't think the Doggies, with their injury list, could defend against Adelaide, but they have shown they are possible grand final contenders with their depth I reckon. How is Jenkins kicking 8.0 in the losing side?

Melbourne humbled Gold Coast. I didn't see the game, but Gold Coast supporters were abusing the players after the game...so it couldn't have been pretty.

Melbourne to make the 8?

Sydney slogged hard for the first half before pulling away from Essendon..Buddy and Heeney 6 & 5 goals...Sydney will be glad to have gotten out of jail against Brisbane and now Essendon.

couple more close games tomorrow..

Can the Saints defeat the Roos? I think they can

Port against Brisbane? Anything could happen.

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

If I Was a Crows supporter, I'd be livid at the umpiring tonight.

Adelaide just got slaughtered.

20-5 at 3 quarter time.

Apparently, one umpire Troy Parnell gave 17 frees to WB & 1 to Ade

The plot thickens as apparently, Parnell is a self confessed Doggies supporter.

Watch this space.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 2

That's it! I'm done with Collingwood. I love 'em, but if I want to have any chance in this tipping comp I need to go with my head and not my heart.

Not many would've picked Carlton today though.

• Like 2

If I Was a Crows supporter, I'd be livid at the umpiring tonight.

Adelaide just got slaughtered.

20-5 at 3 quarter time.

Apparently, one umpire Troy Parnell gave 17 frees to WB & 1 to Ade

The plot thickens as apparently, Parnell is a self confessed Doggies supporter.

Watch this space.

No surprise really.

Chimpy had breakfast with Gil this week and the word from the Chief was the AFL wanted the Doggies to be a contender...a GF contender...and they will do what it take to get them there

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1