Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

I was Purrrrrfering a Tiger victory, as you all know I'm a Hardwick fan, will 1980 and 2017 be similar? back then the Tigers came from nowhere to take the cup then quickly disappeared for the next 36 years.....13th to top.

Meanwhile trade talks have increased with speculation Stringer is Dons bound was meant to be announce yesterday ex partner came out a few days earlier saying he has a gambling problem and 100 gees in the red plus took up a sexual relationship with a 17 year old Footscray supporter with full knowledge of her parents....

The hottest tip going around is Leaver is Demon bound, didn't see much of him in the 3rd when the Tigers began there roll...

The juggernaut of Abblet inc is that the stars will align for a sacred return to his happy hunting grounds of the surf coast. Romantically its a nice fairy tale ending to the illustrious career of one of the best midfielders ever the reality is at 34 he may play 1 and possibly 2 more seasons and sure to "bring something to the club" but that something will be very short lived and will hold back someone else he also wont come cheap, the Cats not flushed with midfield depth that can carry an old timer who will be sidelined for 6 or so games during the year...in my mind should pass and allow Gary to retire with surfboard under his arm...

GWS and 6 seasons later D Smith back in Vic and looking for a trade with Blues in the front seat at present, they also would like to get there hands on 24 year old team mate Mat Kennedy, Bolton says Gibbs has not renewed his request for a trade at present...there also in the mix for the Lions Rockcliff.

GWS might need a clean out becoming insular in there large space that is Sydney, fallen twice at finals time an injection of a few "experienced" types is needed this time rather than going for stars at the end of there career should be looking for a few that will hang around 5 to 7 ys....

The Crows? they faltered a few times during the season top team going into the finals with 6 or 7 losses out of 23 were never favourites in my mind though on paper yes...

In 2 weeks or so the best part of the season begins.......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

I was Purrrrrfering a Tiger victory, as you all know I'm a Hardwick fan, will 1980 and 2017 be similar? back then the Tigers came from nowhere to take the cup then quickly disappeared for the next 36 years.....13th to top.

Meanwhile trade talks have increased with speculation Stringer is Dons bound was meant to be announce yesterday ex partner came out a few days earlier saying he has a gambling problem and 100 gees in the red plus took up a sexual relationship with a 17 year old Footscray supporter with full knowledge of her parents....

The hottest tip going around is Leaver is Demon bound, didn't see much of him in the 3rd when the Tigers began there roll...

The juggernaut of Abblet inc is that the stars will align for a sacred return to his happy hunting grounds of the surf coast. Romantically its a nice fairy tale ending to the illustrious career of one of the best midfielders ever the reality is at 34 he may play 1 and possibly 2 more seasons and sure to "bring something to the club" but that something will be very short lived and will hold back someone else he also wont come cheap, the Cats not flushed with midfield depth that can carry an old timer who will be sidelined for 6 or so games during the year...in my mind should pass and allow Gary to retire with surfboard under his arm...

GWS and 6 seasons later D Smith back in Vic and looking for a trade with Blues in the front seat at present, they also would like to get there hands on 24 year old team mate Mat Kennedy, Bolton says Gibbs has not renewed his request for a trade at present...there also in the mix for the Lions Rockcliff.

GWS might need a clean out becoming insular in there large space that is Sydney, fallen twice at finals time an injection of a few "experienced" types is needed this time rather than going for stars at the end of there career should be looking for a few that will hang around 5 to 7 ys....

The Crows? they faltered a few times during the season top team going into the finals with 6 or 7 losses out of 23 were never favourites in my mind though on paper yes...

In 2 weeks or so the best part of the season begins.......

Word on the Soi is that Melbourne have offered Lever around $850 000 for 5 years. <deleted> me gently. He's a very good player but

he's still only a HBF. For that type of money you want a match winner.

I hope the Suns play hard ball with the Ablett transfer. If Geelong don't offer to pay some of his salary and give a good player, I

agree, Gary can go surfing.

The first thing GWS should do is get a decent coach methinks.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Will27 said:

Word on the Soi is that Melbourne have offered Lever around $850 000 for 5 years. <deleted> me gently. He's a very good player but

he's still only a HBF. For that type of money you want a match winner.

I hope the Suns play hard ball with the Ablett transfer. If Geelong don't offer to pay some of his salary and give a good player, I

agree, Gary can go surfing.

The first thing GWS should do is get a decent coach methinks.

I heard 750 big ones, looks like he could hold down a key position, at 23 i think has a ton of footy in him i like his defensive style, hopefully that could realise big Macdonald to play more up the ground and thats looking more like what will happen as my man J Watts has been over to the Power for a lookie see, the talk is he may be encouraged to find greener pastures ...do i hear the Blues calling?

Hey Ablett and the Cats should be made to pay until it hurts in the end the deal most likely will go through if only for the marketing side of the footy club..

Ahh you were reading my mind this morning WILL....i kinda am with you on the GWS coach, if Fj can pull his socks up in fantasy next season and get off 4th pretty good chance he might land the job there after missing out at North.

• Like 2

Caroline Wilson questions the motives behind Tracey Gaudry's sacking as Hawthorn's CEO after only five months at the helm.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/afl/gaudrys-departure-raises-questions-over-hawthorn-20171002-gysyxh.html

".......Hawthorn has never struck me as one of the more sexist AFL clubs......."

Consider this possibility Caroline.   Hawthorn DID discriminate against all other candidates on the basis of sex.   Gaudrey was parachuted  into the position BECAUSE she was female,  and then found to be totally incompetent.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Radar501 said:

Caroline Wilson questions the motives behind Tracey Gaudry's sacking as Hawthorn's CEO after only five months at the helm.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/afl/gaudrys-departure-raises-questions-over-hawthorn-20171002-gysyxh.html

".......Hawthorn has never struck me as one of the more sexist AFL clubs......."

Consider this possibility Caroline.   Hawthorn DID discriminate against all other candidates on the basis of sex.   Gaudrey was parachuted  into the position BECAUSE she was female,  and then found to be totally incompetent.

Exactly

• Like 1

Crows talk tough after Leaver requests a trade to the Dee's, Pies are about to swoop and the Crows will entertain the best deal from any of the Vic clubs, his manger says talk to the Dee's or he may place himself in the pre season draft then they get nothing for the former number 1 draft pick, 10 years ago the Dee's let Scott Thompson go home after one season also a number 1 draft pick for a few bickies that the Crows payed out might be an idea for them to recall that, the Demons have offered picks 10 and 27 and thats pretty good in todays currency.

Rockcliff wants to go to Port, Suns want Mitch Duncan for G Ablett meanwhile Chris Scott is reported to have told up to 10 players in there exist meetings to start looking for new clubs.

Clarity is coming in that Goodwin has suggested to golden boy Watts to seek a new envoiroment with now Sydney front runners to secure him....is there a swap? Tippet for Watts and a first round draft pick?

And hot of the press and a blow to a trusty rusty TV CHOOK's is Scott Lucas the manger of one future star in the making has come out and flatly said his client Paddy McCartin is quote "going no where" end quote.

13 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Crows talk tough after Leaver requests a trade to the Dee's, Pies are about to swoop and the Crows will entertain the best deal from any of the Vic clubs, his manger says talk to the Dee's or he may place himself in the pre season draft then they get nothing for the former number 1 draft pick, 10 years ago the Dee's let Scott Thompson go home after one season also a number 1 draft pick for a few bickies that the Crows payed out might be an idea for them to recall that, the Demons have offered picks 10 and 27 and thats pretty good in todays currency.

Rockcliff wants to go to Port, Suns want Mitch Duncan for G Ablett meanwhile Chris Scott is reported to have told up to 10 players in there exist meetings to start looking for new clubs.

Clarity is coming in that Goodwin has suggested to golden boy Watts to seek a new envoiroment with now Sydney front runners to secure him....is there a swap? Tippet for Watts and a first round draft pick?

And hot of the press and a blow to a trusty rusty TV CHOOK's is Scott Lucas the manger of one future star in the making has come out and flatly said his client Paddy McCartin is quote "going no where" end quote.

Damn, couldn't even give him away.

8 hours ago, Thechook said:

Also trade rumours of Jesse Hogan going to Freo and Andrew Gaff to Saints.

Yes its in the wind still nothing publicly The Dee's wont hold him after his dramatic year the question is what do Freo or the Eagles have to trade?

If Hogan and Watts go and we pick up a defender who the hell apart from MacDonald is going to be playing forward? We are seriously lacking if those two go.

3 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Yes its in the wind still nothing publicly The Dee's wont hold him after his dramatic year the question is what do Freo or the Eagles have to trade?

If Hogan and Watts go and we pick up a defender who the hell apart from MacDonald is going to be playing forward? We are seriously lacking if those two go.

What time and where do I drop McCartin off?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

All the clubs will now follow the Hardwick coaching manual me thinks.

19 hours ago, farmerjo said:

All the clubs will now follow the Hardwick coaching manual me thinks.

And whats that? kick it long and hope for the best?

Meanwhile I've noticed a rush of free agents to North Melb mr Fj, the modern railway station to hop on board the Dee bound express....hehehe

• Haha 1

On 10/3/2017 at 6:16 PM, AlexRRR said:

Manager and managed going nowhere I guess.

Who’s going to be 2018 surprise?

Possibly the only cert is it ain’t the Dockers ,

I ‘d like to see the Saints come September.

Good song.

It's funny in this day and age that nobody can keep a secret.

The coach of the Suns announced before he's announced and pretty much the same with the big movers.

Hope there is a couple of smokeys to keep a little bit of interest in it.

15 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

And whats that? kick it long and hope for the best?

Meanwhile I've noticed a rush of free agents to North Melb mr Fj, the modern railway station to hop on board the Dee bound express....hehehe

Think North have learnt there lesson with free agents,if there not absolute A graders stay away.

With our own reserves team and a sheila's side in this year it holds the club in good stead to maybe have some success at a minor level and improve the League boys back to the Shinboners that i saw in the 90's.

Demon land is a top destination for players who like the longer off season break.:smile:  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Think North have learnt there lesson with free agents,if there not absolute A graders stay away.

With our own reserves team and a sheila's side in this year it holds the club in good stead to maybe have some success at a minor level and improve the League boys back to the Shinboners that i saw in the 90's.

Demon land is a top destination for players who like the longer off season break.:smile:  

Were on the same cruise ship as you Fj, as for trades I'm sure it will heat up...theres a pool of not quite there but could be's anytime soon if there coached right players and in a new environment just might go go go..

Glad we stayed out of throwing millions and swillions at so called superstars none of these mega$ boy's clubs have won a flag to date so I'm guessing the flavour of luring as become some what unsweet to the palate...better to develop and top up with some solid types that dont cost the earth.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, joboss said:

Manager and managed going nowhere I guess.

Who’s going to be 2018 surprise?

Possibly the only cert is it ain’t the Dockers ,

I ‘d like to see the Saints come September.

Good song.

Well welcome back from Cottlesow beach holiday there young man, sounds like your giving up on the hometown side you will make young WILL cross if he reads your post, imagine going for the luckless Saints oh and while were on the subject of the Saints nostro predicted Richo would be given a silver bullet....well they game him a new MacBook pro and a box of JW Blue and new contract till 20....I think we can find some old Saints jumpers to mail over to you...

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Were on the same cruise ship as you Fj, as for trades I'm sure it will heat up...theres a pool of not quite there but could be's anytime soon if there coached right players and in a new environment just might go go go..

Glad we stayed out of throwing millions and swillions at so called superstars none of these mega$ boy's clubs have won a flag to date so I'm guessing the flavour of luring as become some what unsweet to the palate...better to develop and top up with some solid types that dont cost the earth.

Essendon seems to be the go to or want to go to team for players this year.  The syrup must still be good and flowing.  Devon Smith, Jake Stringer and Adam Saad all requesting trades to the Bombers.  They aren't free agents so the Bombers will have to come up with some goods to get all 3 and Essendon play dirty in trade time.  Devon Smith will probably make it to Essendon with the Bombers pick 11 but the other 2 may find themselves at the mercy of the draft if the Bombers play hard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thechook said:

Essendon seems to be the go to or want to go to team for players this year.  The syrup must still be good and flowing.  Devon Smith, Jake Stringer and Adam Saad all requesting trades to the Bombers.  They aren't free agents so the Bombers will have to come up with some goods to get all 3 and Essendon play dirty in trade time.  Devon Smith will probably make it to Essendon with the Bombers pick 11 but the other 2 may find themselves at the mercy of the draft if the Bombers play hard.

Yep the Bombers have never been known to be slouches over luring players there not a side that takes a set back, expect them to wanna be top dog again, the deal is......if ur top 4 u get all the benefits like....players, sponsors and new supporters Sheeds was good at marketing and its rubbed off...

On 6/10/2017 at 7:00 PM, AlexRRR said: