Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

18 hours ago, Will27 said:

It's only a one-off at the renamed Marvel Stadium. 

Thank Christ.

Is it a joke?....1.3 million dollars short on merchandise sales last season so they come up with something like that...There explantion was to drive up sales....and the designers? they said you aint seen nothing yet...so should i expect the co tennets of said Marvel Dome rock up with equaliy disgusting strip?

North are co's? hehe

Ive seen some dreadful away jumpers  but that one takles the prizse...

• Like 1

Tigers first up v Blues as usual this next Thursday.

New rules, new line ups.

I thought blues may be on the rise up last year. Can't stay down forever.

But for any improvement by blues I can't help but have a comforting feeling the Tigers will have improved further unless the coach tries some new zen crap.

Tigers by 36.

I'm looking forward to seeing cats and swans games to.

Enjoy ladies!

• Like 1

Not good for St Kilda, Dylan Roberton has been ruled out for all 2019.  Thats 8 senior players gone before season starts.  Its going to be a long years for saints fans.

Sam Rowe has become a St Kilda player, signed under the pre-season supplemental period.

The 31-year-old, who was delisted by Carlton at the end of last season, will replace Dylan Roberton on their list, who has stepped away from footy in 2019 to deal with his heart condition.

“It was important for Dylan to have the time to make a decision that was right for he and his family,” St Kilda general manager of football Simon Lethlean said.

“Once we were aware that he would be missing the season and moving onto the long-term injury list, we decided to bring Sam in.

“The reality of football is that we need to utilise the AFL rules to best prepare our list for the rigours and requirements of the competition, and Sam provides an important element heading into the season.

“He’s an experienced defender, who can also play forward if need be and pinch-hit in the ruck.

“He is also a quality person who knows what is required at the elite level.”

He played 17 games in 2018 but was cut at the end of the year as the Blues opted for youth.

The Saints yesterday signed former Collingwood defender Jonathon Marsh under the same pre-season supplemental rule, which ends today.

Edited by wendyfromoz
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, wendyfromoz said:

Not good for St Kilda, Dylan Roberton has been ruled out for all 2019.  Thats 8 senior players gone before season starts.  Its going to be a long years for saints fans.

Sam Rowe has become a St Kilda player, signed under the pre-season supplemental period.

The 31-year-old, who was delisted by Carlton at the end of last season, will replace Dylan Roberton on their list, who has stepped away from footy in 2019 to deal with his heart condition.

“It was important for Dylan to have the time to make a decision that was right for he and his family,” St Kilda general manager of football Simon Lethlean said.

“Once we were aware that he would be missing the season and moving onto the long-term injury list, we decided to bring Sam in.

“The reality of football is that we need to utilise the AFL rules to best prepare our list for the rigours and requirements of the competition, and Sam provides an important element heading into the season.

“He’s an experienced defender, who can also play forward if need be and pinch-hit in the ruck.

“He is also a quality person who knows what is required at the elite level.”

He played 17 games in 2018 but was cut at the end of the year as the Blues opted for youth.

The Saints yesterday signed former Collingwood defender Jonathon Marsh under the same pre-season supplemental rule, which ends today.

Yep that snowflake, brittle McCartin broke a nail and is out for a few months also.  5 years and played about 6 games. Total waste of list space.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Will27 said:

Great to hear mate.

Welcome back.

Hoping Mr Smith and Scea appear soon.

Just joined using last years link, I went straight in (or appeared to), never even had to put the code in.

edit... ahhh, yes I did.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, sceadugenga said:

Just joined using last years link, I went straight in (or appeared to), never even had to put the code in.

edit... ahhh, yes I did.

Hope we're still on for the Port Vs Eagles lunch dates mate.

23 hours ago, Will27 said:

Alex is always around:smile:

With the Dee's set for a big year, he might become unbearable:tongue:

Would be good to see Old Croc come back as well.

Hopefully someone can step up and do Ron's job of posting the ladder. 

Edit** Just joined and we have 8 already.

I've joined

• Thanks 1

On 3/17/2019 at 2:59 AM, farmerjo said:

And Alex as well.

Ive joined the tipping...but you won't get the chance too defat me in Fantasy...at least for this year I've retired from it...you know staying top for so long does take a toll on you Fj..

Alex is always around:smile:

With the Dee's set for a big year, he might become unbearable:tongue:

Would be good to see Old Croc come back as well.

Edit** Just joined and we have 8 already.

After the JKL or what ever its called the good old Dee's didn't look so flash there old WILL...im not so sure there gonna be so hot to Trott so early on in the season...and Port at home...you know on paper they look pretty good last season and they have a lot to prove .....its a poisoned chalice to be the favourite....

That twin ruck....wont work this year that North discard has to get a few kilometres into his footy boots before he's any good... 

• Like 2

I'm happy to take over the ladder posting duties from Ron.

Why would a grown man use a bobble head as his avatar anyway?

dog-graphics-rottweiler-361288.thumb.gif.a85e9cebafeb76b235011af89d878bf6.gif

• Like 2