Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Poor Harry breaks down again.

THE LONG game with Harley Bennell is set to continue with the injury-prone Demon suffering yet another calf strain. 

The 27-year-old only last week made big inroads at training when he graduated to skills training with the main group after a cautiously monitored pre-season program.

But Melbourne football manager Josh Mahoney confirmed on Wednesday morning the former Sun and Docker had broken down yet again.

"Harley pulled up sore following a training session on the weekend and scans have shown a low-grade strain in his calf," Mahoney told SEN's website.

"While disappointing to have this occur again, we deliberately set expectations on Harley conservatively, allowing for some setbacks."

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Thechook said:

Yes I must say who

Boucher was a ruckman with no skill but a big burly lad at Swan Districts.

Had some great duels with Stephen Michael and Graham Moss.

Basil Campbell,late 70's early 80's wore a helmet at South Fremantle for good reason.What you gave out you got back but could play as well. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BookmanBkk said:

Here is Rod Grinter for his self-propaganda session on Open Mike back in 2016, 30 years after his onfield assault of Wallace

Grinter had 10 reports with 31 games suspended.

Grinter talks about the Wallace incident 4 minutes into the video. He claims he had a bad habit of round arm tackles/spoils, in this case he says he missed ball by a whisker and hit Terry in the mouth. He also claims that it was trial by video that saw him get 6 weeks and the fact the video angle was so bad

Grinter calls his tackle reckless and vicious, though he denies he knew Terry was there.

This is an odd thing to say in itself as Grinter was coming from behind Wallace, so his failure to notice a 90 kilo 6 foot player in front of him seems strange

Another important aspect here, in the case against Wallace ducking into the tackle is that Wallace is in the air when he is coathangered.

Is it possible for Wallace to have ducked into a straightarm tackle whilst he is in the air, feet off the ground?

I will let TVF detectives investigate further for themselves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_2HbctH3gk&list=PLbfT0CgL4_DLDAhCyJgI1HT9MyuwCVOTU&index=72

U&index=72

well i dont know where you got ur info from sir....but i was there....wallace ducked when he seen grinter lunge at him wallace at 12 oclock to me, grinter 1.00 oclock to me and 10 meters away...rod was airborne wallace was just clear of the pack no one bettween him and me and grinter came out of the pack....thats my recolection of it sir....

Ps....Wallace is no way a 6footer, he was a short centre man and you can stop <deleted> stiring now books....

Edited by AlexRRR

I spotted Terry Wallace about 20 years ago on Khao San Road BKK, strolling hand-in-hand with a petite Thai chicky babe about half his age.   This neat handsome sun-tanned chap stood out out like a pair of dogs nuts amongst the hordes of unkempt feral hippies.  

Rumour has it that Terry was very popular with the football groupie girls in his days at Hawthorn.   Can't imagine why............

551963672_Screenshot2020-03-1121_53_02.png.a9fae88a4ab2ba658d7fd6a437a7080b.png

Check out this spray he gave his men after the Dogs pizzed a game down the drain some years back.

"If I see one bloke walk out of here getting a pat on the back from people out there for a good effort, I'll spew up"

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Radar501 said:

I spotted Terry Wallace about 20 years ago on Khao San Road BKK, strolling hand-in-hand with a petite Thai chicky babe about half his age.   This neat handsome sun-tanned chap stood out out like a pair of dogs nuts amongst the hordes of unkempt feral hippies.  

Rumour has it that Terry was very popular with the football groupie girls in his days at Hawthorn.   Can't imagine why............

551963672_Screenshot2020-03-1121_53_02.png.a9fae88a4ab2ba658d7fd6a437a7080b.png

Check out this spray he gave his men after the Dogs pizzed a game down the drain some years back.

"If I see one bloke walk out of here getting a pat on the back from people out there for a good effort, I'll spew up"

must be mistaken identity ...he hasnt aged well at all.....

If ANY AFL player, or coaching staff test positive for Covid-19, what is the expectation for the remaining team members?

2 weeks of self isolation will have the entire team unable to play for at least 2 and likely 3 weeks.

Filling the team with reserves is unlikely as they would likely have had multiple contacts with the first team players.

With an entire team unable to play, how will the points table be allocated?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BookmanBkk said:

Looking like it's heading towards empty stadiums, esp in Sydney and Melbourne.  For some teams, such as Gold Coast and St Kilda, there wont be a noticeable difference. Could empty stadiums give us some upsets ?

For sure.

Will be a lot easier to play WC at home as well I'd imagine.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Gazman1 said:

Very good point had not thought that one through but yes it is possible.  I suppose how seriously the Govt takes the spreading of the disease and whether they actually do something to stop it spreading further.  Interestingly to note is that in NSW last night 12 new cases and have not been in contact with any known carriers or travellers.

The Formula 1 is going ahead this weekend in Melbourne as at the news this morning, the football starts 4 days later so the incubation period for the virus will not have reached the 14 days.  So it will either result in a surge of infections in Melbourne (sorry Alex, should have stayed in BKK) and if so the horse would have already bolted!!!! Or nothing out of the ordinary will occur and everything will go ahead as normal.

My money is on a surge in infections and then the Govt will then try and stop future events going ahead

Formula 1 with thousands of people flying in from around the world and mingling with tens of thousands of locals. Almost a guarantee of spreading things further.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BookmanBkk said:

How quickly attitudes have changed.

Chimps got stressed listening and went to hide on the ceiling fan

There would be a fair chance a spray like that would get someone the <deleted> these days.

Mothers of players would be ringing up radio stations etc.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Gazman1 said:

Very good point had not thought that one through but yes it is possible.  I suppose how seriously the Govt takes the spreading of the disease and whether they actually do something to stop it spreading further.  Interestingly to note is that in NSW last night 12 new cases and have not been in contact with any known carriers or travellers.

The Formula 1 is going ahead this weekend in Melbourne as at the news this morning, the football starts 4 days later so the incubation period for the virus will not have reached the 14 days.  So it will either result in a surge of infections in Melbourne (sorry Alex, should have stayed in BKK) and if so the horse would have already bolted!!!! Or nothing out of the ordinary will occur and everything will go ahead as normal.

My money is on a surge in infections and then the Govt will then try and stop future events going ahead

Yes well i have a suspsious mind you know....it would be most unlike the Thai Goiverment to under play the actual infections there since a break  out in Thailand would kill tourism stone dead right?

Like many place are suffering around the world.......all they need is to cancel a few hundered planes a day then that Bhat WILL come crashing down.....cant have that with the country bordering on recession can we....

Well i did wander the streets of BKK and i seen my fair share of Chinese tourist whilst there....Train Night market was like 80% Chinese i went twice, after the pigglets blocked pathways and produced sights not seen in human form i decided to boycott the place....Windcheater girl was taken aback by there poor showing and did rescue me from no dout what may have turned into a fist fight.....one dude was shoveling his fried rice down and making gunt noises at the same time...i use to have a cat way back that use to eat like that...another with  a big stupid grin on his face big pot bellie and shirtless...Barbarians quickly sprang to mind......but this lot were on a packaged deal a number of bus loaded chinks....

I did see a number of high spec Chinks around too mostly in the upper echalons of the shopping disctrict and many were nice enough to be wearing masks so i wouldnt get any of there germs...or do you think it was the other way around?

Anyway you would have to be blind and stupid to belive the lowball figures the General recons are infected in the land of simles....think i got out at the right time GAZ i worry for you, so if i were u id pack up and head up country for a while....Fj mightlet you camp underone of his snake infested trees...

• Like 1

Well just as i finnished posting windcheater girl sent me a message....i asked about infected cases in Thailand....she sent me a pic of a report...70 confirmed and 1 dead.....so i conclude that the new superman mission inpossible and james bond movies WILL all be now made in Thailand casue there tough....

And with  solid and dependable  and acurate and bla bla bla......

i watch the footy at home so i dont care.....

38 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

What happens to all the people that bought season tickets and wont be able to go to games?

Reimbursed you'd imagine.

It's going to cost clubs a fortune.

Empty stadiums is looking more and more likely TBH.

F1 and the ODI's will have no crowds.

Speaking of cricket, the documentary series on the Aussie side is out.