Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

53 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

What is it they say? Were taking it one game at a time....fooooooooieeeeeee...they botched it 2 weeks ago, im am not excited, to think that rabble is in the 8 even temporary is a JOKE....watching them trying to work the ball out of defense in the seond half was like a dentist extracting teeth with a pair of plyers.....and forgetting to give the patient a jab of pain killer....

I thought GWS pulled there foot of the perverbial accelerator early in the last, to me they looked like they didnt want to win which made our effort look better than what it was...The Scrays should win there next 2 so its down to the the Pies to drop one BUT we have to beat Essendon and thats not a given since they couldnt do Freo or Swans....

A quick assement of that red and blue team last night quickly showed me 3 key forwards have droped 20% the third a wopping 50% as he cant even get a game, one of the run and carry guys they bought in is lost in defense, mocca magic keeps pinging his shots around like hes in an arcade game, glad to see my mate Neve Jetta back Goodwin better leave him alone, apart from Christian most have stood still or gone backwards, the forward line works like a broken down old Fj holden long left behind even by a Hyundai Excell....

Uncle Alex

You're a big chance to sneak in.

The Western Bulldogs play Freo next week and I reckon Freo can beat them.

Freo playing the most consistent footy from a outside outside the 8 methinks.

May AKA the Pieman was superb I thought.

You don't win it without him.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Uncle Alex

You're a big chance to sneak in.

The Western Bulldogs play Freo next week and I reckon Freo can beat them.

Freo playing the most consistent footy from a outside outside the 8 methinks.

May AKA the Pieman was superb I thought.

You don't win it without him.

Making up numbers is a total waste of time, unlike the Dogs in 2016 who were actualy playing well tail end of the season we would just embarrass, besides i feel sorry for North the lower we finnish the lower there draft pic from us WILL be....sending love peace and positive vibes .....hehehe...im a realist too.....

58 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Making up numbers is a total waste of time, unlike the Dogs in 2016 who were actualy playing well tail end of the season we would just embarrass, besides i feel sorry for North the lower we finnish the lower there draft pic from us WILL be....sending love peace and positive vibes .....hehehe...im a realist too.....

FMD Uncle Alex

You've just had one of your best wins of the year.

Try and enjoy it mate.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Yes there can be but I can't see it.

I reckon Port is coming good at the end of the season that counts...
Brisbane also coming good...well, lets see if they blow Sydney out of twh water...plus Brissie has the home state advantage

Richmond has a lot of injuries and extended life in the hub might be too much
Geelong look vulnerable to good defense and if they make the GF and play Gary Rohan, well that is one less payer in the game for Geelong

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

What is it they say? Were taking it one game at a time....fooooooooieeeeeee...they botched it 2 weeks ago, im am not excited, to think that rabble is in the 8 even temporary is a JOKE....watching them trying to work the ball out of defense in the seond half was like a dentist extracting teeth with a pair of plyers.....and forgetting to give the patient a jab of pain killer....

I thought GWS pulled there foot of the perverbial accelerator early in the last, to me they looked like they didnt want to win which made our effort look better than what it was...The Scrays should win there next 2 so its down to the the Pies to drop one BUT we have to beat Essendon and thats not a given since they couldnt do Freo or Swans....

A quick assement of that red and blue team last night quickly showed me 3 key forwards have droped 20% the third a wopping 50% as he cant even get a game, one of the run and carry guys they bought in is lost in defense, mocca magic keeps pinging his shots around like hes in an arcade game, glad to see my mate Neve Jetta back Goodwin better leave him alone, apart from Christian most have stood still or gone backwards, the forward line works like a broken down old Fj holden long left behind even by a Hyundai Excell....

Uncle Happy not available today?

35 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

I reckon Port is coming good at the end of the season that counts...
Brisbane also coming good...well, lets see if they blow Sydney out of twh water...plus Brissie has the home state advantage

Richmond has a lot of injuries and extended life in the hub might be too much
Geelong look vulnerable to good defense and if they make the GF and play Gary Rohan, well that is one less payer in the game for Geelong

I reckon Richmond and Geelong are clearly the best two in it at the minute.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

FMD Uncle Alex

You've just had one of your best wins of the year.

Try and enjoy it mate.

What was so good about it? It was horrible to watch... The best games we played this year were against Cats were we lost and beat the Pies and Saints.... Thank god the seasons almost over...

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

What was so good about it? It was horrible to watch... The best games we played this year were against Cats were we lost and beat the Pies and Saints.... Thank god the seasons almost over...

A valiant 9th for the Dees will be something to remember

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Call me crazy, but my side winning a close game and keeping the season alive would generally make me pretty happy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Call me crazy, but my side winning a close game and keeping the season alive would generally make me pretty happy.

Coming from a guy whos side pretty much is in the top half of the table year in year out, never felt the pain of year in your out beltings and underachiving you just wouldnt know....i seen so many terrible games that was just another after you take the score board out of it....and i didnt see the Demons win it i seen GWS loose it....they threw it away...they didnt want to win...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On a much brighter note....think i have Fj by the balls in our final....in fact im sooooooooo confident i will pass him tonight with the guy only having one blank left in the chamber for tomorrows game......

And Amazing RIP....im reasonably confident you WILL face off with me in the TV Fanatsy GF Challange next week....

Poor old Fj always leaves it late for a charge into the finals......Chooks still not over year one unbeaten run into the finals when Grant stiched him up and just has never recovers, and the token femaile in the group.....well dont want to be seen as sexist so i WILL shut up....

Immmm sooooooo over the moooooon tonight.....yaaaaaaaa.....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

On a much brighter note....think i have Fj by the balls in our final....in fact im sooooooooo confident i will pass him tonight with the guy only having one blank left in the chamber for tomorrows game......

And Amazing RIP....im reasonably confident you WILL face off with me in the TV Fanatsy GF Challange next week....

Poor old Fj always leaves it late for a charge into the finals......Chooks still not over year one unbeaten run into the finals when Grant stiched him up and just has never recovers, and the token femaile in the group.....well dont want to be seen as sexist so i WILL shut up....

Well someone got lucky....Lachie Neal my captain missfires tonight (cost me at least 100 points) then just noticed Budarick wont be playing in the morrow (hes good for qround 30) which brings it back to whos going to be lucky tomorrow arvo........Fj 11 up close of night........Its my Brodie Grundy average 90.9 with last 3 game average of 85.7 up against Hugh Grrenwood average 77.6 with last 3 game average of 83.......ho dear.....and i know Pies now running a 2 ruck tandem....ho dear ho dear.....

Meanwhile RIP has it in the bag....in the sack....like a wiggling snake......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

????Enjoy the night Alex but the fat lady is not singing yet.

Unless .you might have,another trade up your sleeve then your home.

I must say it was a masterstroke including Caleb Daniel as an 11th hour trade and Marchbank was more than handy for you.

I brought in Brad Crouch and  Lachy Hunter which cost me a trade with Dawson(i didn't see him go off last week with concussion) 

I had Perez as utility(18 points)so that should put me 29 in front.

Please tell me your out of trades and it's Greenwood v Grundy?

Swans V Brisbane

Not sure how much can be taken out of the game last night. Brisbane was outplayed for the first half but ahead on the scoreboard. 
Sydney unable to find the goals despite repeat inside 50 entries..
Sam Butterfingers Reid lived up to his nickname...spilling the ball like someone threw him a crate full of marbles to catch.

Callum Mills back in the line up, and he brought the solid reliability down back once more..

So many teams now have formidable and well disciplined defensive units. 

Joey Daniher comes to Sydney next year, we might see McCartin move down back, and his intercepting markings is first class. Add in Melican and Mills and Lloyd and Cunningham and Jordan Dawson swinging back and forward, the backline looks good.

Midfield depth is at its lowest levels for years...not sure what answer we have for there.

Melbourne has some decent players we could turnaround in Sydney

• Like 2

12 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Coming from a guy whos side pretty much is in the top half of the table year in year out, never felt the pain of year in your out beltings and underachiving you just wouldnt know....i seen so many terrible games that was just another after you take the score board out of it....and i didnt see the Demons win it i seen GWS loose it....they threw it away...they didnt want to win...

Jeez...
When even a Win is a loss ????

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Early days, but it's looking like career over for this young man.

He has to be gone

This is now his 3rd offense in a month
1. Breaking Covid restrictions

2. Alleged DV against GF in the past was posted
3. Now he is charged with a new assault from a couple of nights back . (I presume it is against his ex GF)

Swans likely to let him go in the off season IMO

• Like 2

13 hours ago, farmerjo said:

????Enjoy the night Alex but the fat lady is not singing yet.

Unless .you might have,another trade up your sleeve then your home.

I must say it was a masterstroke including Caleb Daniel as an 11th hour trade and Marchbank was more than handy for you.

I brought in Brad Crouch and  Lachy Hunter which cost me a trade with Dawson(i didn't see him go off last week with concussion) 

I had Perez as utility(18 points)so that should put me 29 in front.

Please tell me your out of trades and it's Greenwood v Grundy?

Well  sir i cleaned out a few Dee's last week while you were battling away after id seen there rubbish in Cairns, i lost the faith but to be fair Brashaw had got injured and Oliver well....even though he had been on fire felt more comfortable with Bontempelli, also lessoned learned one year to spread the team around in case which has happend to me before loading up from players on one team they go south.....but i had thought the Dee's would explode into the finals a few weeks ago so picked the cream of them only to see them blimp to blimp.......anyway Hibbert got injured so brought in Dawson only for he to go the same way to bring in Caleb Daniel, been wanting to dumb Starchevich for some time to bring in Lachie Plowman and both trades worked a treat....

You are so lucky fella and screw this system in fanatsy where there releasing the team lists 24 hrs before the game i have one trade up my sleeve and im 8,000 short on picking M Cox...and there is no one else in my price range.... so its Greeenwood+11 vs Grundy and i need him on the ball the entire game....

You were more thn lucky when my captain fell off the planet last night good for 200 a game limped in for 70.....would have been his worst game for the season....

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Not over until the fat lady sings

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Well  sir i cleaned out a few Dee's last week while you were battling away after id seen there rubbish in Cairns, i lost the faith but to be fair Brashaw had got injured and Oliver well....even though he had been on fire felt more comfortable with Bontempelli, also lessoned learned one year to spread the team around in case which has happend to me before loading up from players on one team they go south.....but i had thought the Dee's would explode into the finals a few weeks ago so picked the cream of them only to see them blimp to blimp.......anyway Hibbert got injured so brought in Dawson only for he to go the same way to bring in Caleb Daniel, been wanting to dumb Starchevich for some time to bring in Lachie Plowman and both trades worked a treat....

You are so lucky fella and screw this system in fanatsy where there releasing the team lists 24 hrs before the game i have one trade up my sleeve and im 8,000 short on picking M Cox...and there is no one else in my price range.... so its Greeenwood+11 vs Grundy and i need him on the ball the entire game....

You were more thn lucky when my captain fell off the planet last night good for 200 a game limped in for 70.....would have been his worst game for the season....

I think i've messed up with the Utility,thought as long as i left the emergency unmarked in this case the forward,the utility would automatically be selected but thinking now you have to nominate,something i had not done all year.

I was banking on it being wet and slippery in Cairns last night for a low scoring affair.

I agree on the late team updates,makes it very difficult.

Well at least we have something to look forward to tonight,a tense few hours with a couple of frothies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, farmerjo said:

I think i've messed up with the Utility,thought as long as i left the emergency unmarked in this case the forward,the utility would automatically be selected but thinking now you have to nominate,something i had not done all year.

I was banking on it being wet and slippery in Cairns last night for a low scoring affair.

I agree on the late team updates,makes it very difficult.

Well at least we have something to look forward to tonight,a tense few hours with a couple of frothies.

Its too hard to have average guys on interchange with team selections 24 hrs before a game, i cashed them in and went for guys who played most games, that Sun even a cheapy is the first game he has missed since i picked him around round 4, seriously your so god dam lucky, who would have thought Neal would put in a horror last night? I should have been booking my ticket to the GF last night..... 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

who would have thought Neal would put in a horror last night? I should have been booking my ticket to the GF last night..... 

I did????

Like i said,i needed it to pee as they were playing the Swans.

I just started watching Lucifer,up to episode 10 season 1.

Maybe the Devil in him is rubbing off on my barracking.????

Oh and his Demon is better than yours????

Edited by farmerjo