How To Leave A Bad School Before You've Started

seiraa

OK I just got information that the school I applied for and got accepted to was not a GOOD one.

I did not sign a contract and did not get a visa from them, so how do I gently decline the offer after it was given to me....mind you they have all my personal documents..scanned by computer..this includes degree, passport, etc...

I dont want to teach at a school that has a bad reputation!

Any advice would be appreciated!!

OK I just got information that the school I applied for and got accepted to was not a GOOD one.

I did not sign a contract and did not get a visa from them, so how do I gently decline the offer after it was given to me....mind you they have all my personal documents..scanned by computer..this includes degree, passport, etc...

I dont want to teach at a school that has a bad reputation!

Any advice would be appreciated!!

Do what any self-respecting honest Thai would do - LIE. Tell them that they have a fantastic school and you would love to work for them but... your buffalo's sick and you have to return home. They may guess it's a lie but you've saved their face by not saying NO and you've informed them you won't be coming so thay can make alternative plans.

Don't worry about the documents. They may have copies but you haven't broken any law (criminal or civil).

Welcome to Thailand.