apple icare at koh samui?

In case you can't get iCare in Samui I would try Doctor Mac just next to Makro in Bohput. The guy does great job at very reasonable prices. He sorted my airbook twice for different things and a few friends had similar positive experiences. Obviously no help if you are still under warranty.

https://goo.gl/maps/fCSroBrxypk

(might be best to give him a call as there was talk about him moving the shop just on the other side of his current location)

46 minutes ago, huberthammer said:

In case you can't get iCare in Samui I would try Doctor Mac just next to Makro in Bohput. The guy does great job at very reasonable prices. He sorted my airbook twice for different things and a few friends had similar positive experiences. Obviously no help if you are still under warranty.

https://goo.gl/maps/fCSroBrxypk

(might be best to give him a call as there was talk about him moving the shop just on the other side of his current location)

thanks but my mac is still under apple warranty so i would like to go an official apple repair center 

No more Apple care in Samui, the nearest is  in Surat Thani

Tel:06 4302 2878... address in case you would like to have a look on Google map: 88 Moo 10 Watpradu Muang  Surat Thani 84000,

a few years ago we had to go to Nakhon Si Thammarat, in fact in Koh Samui it almost never works

But you must know everything is sent to Singapore, I had a battery changed on a Mac Book Pro, an Ipad with a problem and another Mac Book Pro who went to the same hospital so unless very recent change I should not be wrong.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

older Macs ca be repaired by Doctor Mac.

There is a Mac/iphone shop INSIDE the Tesco complex at Chaweng - how much they can undertake is questionable.

The French guy who used to fix Macs has been reported - due to a dissatisfied customer who grassed him up to immigration.

New Macs are a big problem as their "unified" construction makes it more and more difficult to replace individual parts.

There is no official Apple Care in Samui. You need to find someone in Bangkok (I can recommend a few contacts) and send it to them (who would then give it over to the certified apple care shop). Shipping to Bangkok is incredibly easy - either Kerry Express (1-2 days), or directly through the cargo terminal in the airport (costs 100 baht and can be picked up in Bangkok in 4 hours).

• Like 1