Songkran video: Gangs fined after violence in Phu Wiang

webfact

Songkran video: Gangs fined after violence in Phu Wiang

5pm.jpg

Caption: Fines for one and all

Police in Phu Wiang, Khon Kaen have fined everyone involved in Songkran violence in the north eastern Thai town on Tuesday. 

Bottles were seen being hurled as about twenty young people clashed in fist fights. 

Fines for affray and criminal damage were issued and those responsible were ordered to pay compensation, said deputy provincial chief Pol Col Suthipong Pekthong.

One man called Arkhom, 26, needed stitches in a head wound after being hit by a thrown bottle. He then stepped on broken glass and cut his foot needing more stitches. 

Natthawut, 38, who posted the melee on Facebook apologized for getting carried away with his post describing an explosion. He had been watching too many movies, he said. 

The miscreants fined for fighting said it was all a misunderstanding; no one could understand what was going on with the loud music blaring, they claimed. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-04-17

4 minutes ago, webfact said:

The miscreants fined for fighting said it was all a misunderstanding; no one could understand what was going on with the loud music blaring, they claimed.

yes .....  i'm sure it was ,  just a misunderstanding ...:whistling:

Ahh, more wholesome fun on the holiday sometimes referred to as the “seven (or however many days) dangerous days”. 

This is is what happens when a repressed society is allowed to “cut loose” once a year. Very reminiscent of the original Star Trek episode, The Return of the Archons. “It’s festival. It is the will of Landru.”

I believe it’s the hideous heat. Lately I’ve been having thoughts of burning my father-in-law alive the next time he burns plastic garbage in the garden and on the farm. Maybe shoot every hooligan, drunk driver, rotten monk, brainless farmer, forest poacher and arsonist on location - since each human being on average emits the equivalent heat of an old 100 watt lightbulb? Temperatures could go down a bit, smog would clear and the economy would get a boost.

2 hours ago, Dek Somboon said:

I believe it’s the hideous heat. Lately I’ve been having thoughts of burning my father-in-law alive the next time he burns plastic garbage in the garden and on the farm. Maybe shoot every hooligan, drunk driver, rotten monk, brainless farmer, forest poacher and arsonist on location - since each human being on average emits the equivalent heat of an old 100 watt lightbulb? Temperatures could go down a bit, smog would clear and the economy would get a boost.

Ok fine, but could you give us a heads up before you go on your rampage ? 

I’d like to be out of town. 

Archived