Oh Boy, Hellboy's Box Office Debut is Hell

snoop1130

Oh Boy, Hellboy's Box Office Debut is Hell

By James Whitbrook

rc0lrqdi7uw8wexo7pel-620x349.png

Sometimes, a barrage of bad reviews can do little to dent the opening of a blockbuster film – just look at the vicious critical reaction to Batman v Superman and its initially-impressive take at the box office.

But it seems like Hellboy, fresh off of a critical drubbing, couldn’t escape the level of hell Anung Un Rama was first summoned from.

Deadline reports that Neil Marshall’s Hellboy took in just $12 million dollars in its opening weekend, significantly lower than either Guillermo Del Toro-directed takes on Mike Mignola’s beloved supernatural hero.

It fact, it was more than 60 percent down from the series’ high with Hellboy II: The Golden Army back in 2008.

Full Story: https://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2019/04/oh-boy-hellboys-box-office-debut-is-hell/

I've seen it over at Fashion Island. It's a weird mishmash of reboot and new non-cannon story line. Much as I like Ian McShane, he wasn't the Professor.  And Hellboy? Not impressed. The end of the movie discovery, after the professors death, of Abe Sapiens in the tube just destroyed the last links to the comic books.

It reminded me of the X-Men movies where the writers/director took bits and pieces and jumbled them together into a mish-mash that anybody who'd read the works on which they were based just gets disgusted. Still, they did get my seat money, so for them I suppose it was a win? 

Archived