The Baht At 33.5?

jasperblubber2005

:o

have friends wanting to go to phuket and was asked what the baht exchange rate was, couldn't tell them as its still climbing downward, anyone want to speculate as to when the baht will level out, i never thought i would see 35, but i remember some on this site thought that it couldn't go any lower but it has

jasper

:o

have friends wanting to go to phuket and was asked what the baht exchange rate was, couldn't tell them as its still climbing downward, anyone want to speculate as to when the baht will level out, i never thought i would see 35, but i remember some on this site thought that it couldn't go any lower but it has

jasper

35 to what JB? If you're talking USD you can get a daily update on the net.

Jasperblubber, if your friends make a special effort to buy Baht in the US they probably can get that low rate of 33.50. Bangkok Bank in Bangkok on Monday paid 35.25 for inward remittances, 34.98 for banknotes. Other banks in Thailand have similar rates.

--

Maestro

If your using an ATM or have on line banking Facility with your bank see what they are giving you:

Nationwide (Uk bank) up to yesterday were still paying 69+ at the ATM despite the Bht being strong at the moment.

Wait and see if the present slump on the share mkt has any affect resulting from the sell in I think it was China>

It is effecting shares Globally at the moment although the FTSE index and Nasdeq dipped the latter hitting it lowest since 2003 and at the moment has increased it will dip again.

Jasperblubber, if your friends make a special effort to buy Baht in the US they probably can get that low rate of 33.50.
ahemmm... low rate? :o

Yes. The rate of THB 33.50 per USD mentioned by Jasperblubber, obviously an offshore rate, is much lower than what his friends can get if they change their dollars in Thailand.

--

Maestro

Jasperblubber, if your friends make a special effort to buy Baht in the US they probably can get that low rate of 33.50.
ahemmm... low rate? :o

Yes. The rate of THB 33.50 per USD mentioned by Jasperblubber, obviously an offshore rate, is much lower than what his friends can get if they change their dollars in Thailand.

--

Maestro

i agree. but why lower in the context "if your friends make special efforts...." why would somebody make special efforts to buy a currency at a more EXPENSIVE rate?