Immigration Enforce The Law

taxexile

confusing abt the german man, if his mums thai & he is working in HER place then it should be an easy process to get his own thai id & passport & not get arrested!!! Weird.

also that serving drinks to friends does not sound true.

Some information is either wrong or missing....

I have a Dutch acquaintance who works illegally as an English tutor, pulling in about 130,000 baht a month. Not much in terms of Western income, but an absolute fortune in Isaan. No income taxes, no visa or work permit expenses. Ah, such a carefree life! This English tutor's accent is so heavy I have to listen very intently to understand him.

B130,000 per month?! Are you sure? I would like to know exactly how he does that given legit schools with degreed native English speakers charge around B60 or B80 an hour for group classes and B500 per hour for private.

B130,000/B500 = 260 hours of class time per month. That is almost 9 hours per day of class time everyday.

B130,000/B80 = 1625 class hours or 54 class hours per day or almost 8 hours per day of class with 7 students per class.

Or some mix of both.

Toptuan, it does sound highly unlikely that anybody in Issan (esp. a non-native speaker) can make that much on private lessons, but somebody in Khon Kaen said he charged 1000 baht per hour. To paraphrase somebody, "A man that will lie to the police will lie to his competitors."

Topic closed; too many personal insults.