Pheu Thai ready to form government after official poll results announced

webfact

Pheu Thai ready to form government after official poll results announced

Phumtham-Wetchayachai.png

The Pheu Thai party is ready to form a coalition government with its six allies once the Election Commission has announced the official results of the March-24 general election, said party secretary-general Phumtham Wechayachai today.

Speaking after a meeting of core party members and prospective MPs, Phumtham insisted that the party which won the most seats in the House of Representatives should have the first priority to form a government.

He also warned the Election Commission to be honest and play by the rule in announcing the poll results.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pheu-thai-ready-to-form-government-after-official-poll-results-announced/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-04-22

It will be interesting who Pheu Thai sides with to be PM. My call will be Thanathorn from FFP. A coalition government is possible as they in general all have same certain ideals and interests, and then only thing left is the bartering and deals will to be made behind the scenes to keep them all happy. Now the Junta lover parties will not be so happy as left out in the cold, but it will be fun to watch before the next possible coup occurs. 

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

A seven party coalition, that's going to be fun.

Whilst I can follow your reasoning, I would anticipate that as no one is actually running the country now effectively and fairly, then, irrespective of the number of coalition partners, it will still effectively, be answerable and controlled by the same "click" that benefits from it now.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The Pheu Thai party is ready to form a coalition government with its six allies once the Election Commission has announced the official results of the March-24 general election,

It's taking a long time for these results to be made known is it not .. Are they having problems adding it all up .. 

When the 'Government' of the day proclaims that a 'Seastead' 200 miles off the Coast is a 'Threat to National Security' what wii it assume if a new Government is going to be sworn in without the current 'Leaders' involved ?   

I leave the answer to your imagination !

5 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

It will be interesting who Pheu Thai sides with to be PM. My call will be Thanathorn from FFP. A coalition government is possible as they in general all have same certain ideals and interests, and then only thing left is the bartering and deals will to be made behind the scenes to keep them all happy. Now the Junta lover parties will not be so happy as left out in the cold, but it will be fun to watch before the next possible coup occurs. 

Well, if there is a PM opposed to the green/yellow, he is very likely to end up ousted, convicted and banned from politics for any reason. So from this perspective, it may be wiser to let someone from another party become PM. ????

10 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Countdown to next coup!

....sorry I meant to say military intervention to safeguard the nation.

Now where are those submarines????

Not sure where they are currently, but it's not difficult to predict where they will end up as they will be applied using the same rules as Thai drivers - and you know what happens on a daily basis. 

Clearly this is something that wasn't thought out properly otherwise there wouldn't have been elections , Junta's are not a generous lot so reprisals in the way of harassment, bullying and just the plain old set up , could be in the wind. 

Archived