Exporting Vehicle To Uk

gummy

You may well find that things like safety standards and emissions specifications would be the biggest hurdle to overcome

They are FAR more stringent in UK that LOS as far as i know

Also, if its a new (ish) build and not something of a classic, then things like build quality, gauge of metal, microns of paint etc leave a lot to be desired in Asian countries, compared to whats made in Europe

Maybe if you gave an indication of exactly what you were thinking of exporting, it would help to advise you further

Penkoprod

One of the first things to look at would be heating.

Air conditioning is a nice luxury in the summer but let’s face it. Its cold most of the time.

Theres always www.expatmotors.co.th

A friend of mine went through them and organized converting and exporting a pickup of some sort.

If you've had the car in your name for 6 months you can ship it as a personal import and get away with import duties and VAT. You can't sell it for a year over there though.

Most modern cars will pass the SVA test, could be toublesome getting parts in the event of an accident though.

• 4 weeks later...
Has anybody had any experience of exporting a vehicle from Thailand to the UK? If so what are the pitfalls? conversly importing whilst based in the UK from Thailand ?

I HAVE IMPORTED/EXPORTED 300+ VEHICLES,VEHICLES/ BIKES OVER 10 YEAR OLD, PIECE OF CAKE,. YOU WILL PAY TAX ON THE PURCHASE PRICE ( DONT BE SILLY AND YOU WILL HAVE NO PROBLEMS ) AND SHIPPING,. GET IT OUT OF CUSTOMS, GET AN MOT OFF TO DVLA WITH 68 QUID ( + THE ROAD FUND LICENSE ) AND THE IMPORT PAPERS AND BOBS YOUR UNCLE !,. NEWER CARS ARE DIFFERENT, ( UNDER 10 YEARS OLD ). THE SVA TEST IS STRICT,. BUT ONLY REALLY ON E MARKED TYRES AND A FOG LIGHT AND STUPID THINGS LIKE A SHARP TOWING EYE ! I KID YOU NOT, HAD ME FILING ONE DOWN,. STILL WORTH IT THOUGH ON VIGO ETC, AND OTHER PICK UPS. LOADS ARE IMPORTED INTO THE UK, FOR A STRESS FREE TIME PAY SOMEONE LIKE EXPAT TO DO IT FOR YOU, I HAVE ONLY HEARD GOOD ABOUT THEM,.( AND I HAVE NO CONNECTION ! )

Edited by mikethevigoman