Opening Thai bank account for monthy deposits

Sorry, I know this has been asked before, did some reseach still not sure. 

Ok, would like to open a thai bank account to start the 12 month deposits for the income route. 

What type of visa will I need to open a account ?  I will be arriving  next month on a Visa Exempt, (US passport). Will I need a tourist visa first ?  As I will be coming from Dubai, hate to spend the airafare to fly back to the states for just a visa. Also what other doucments will I need ?  Any branch better than the other ?  Will be renting a house in both Chaing Rai, and Ko Chang for a year. 

More information in the banking forum on how to open an account and what bank to do so.  Depends on what you will be depositing SS direct deposit or whatever.  Take your landlord to the bank with you when you open the account.  Most will be happy to do this when they are getting your money.  Use the bank your landlord suggests or he has an account in.  You will also need information from your landlord when you go to immigration.  Depending on what kind of visa you get. 

Edited by marcusarelus

What is you visa status in Dubai? You may be able to apply for a visa at the Thai consulate in Dubai if you have residency.

With residency you could even a apply for OA long stay visa. See: http://www.thaiconsulatedubai.com/viewentry.aspx?language=EN&entry_key=M3S1&item=M3S1&menu=M3&

You may find it difficult to open a bank account. I suggest you of a blank affidavit to prove your address at the US embassy in Bangkok or the consulate in Chiang Mai. Having that will help at many banks. See: https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/notaries-public/