I need some good quality, high resolution, printable images of a land plot and its surrounding area with accurate Lat and Long scale or grid. If you have access to Google Earth Pro (I think it can do this???) or similar, please PM me. If you are a surveyor (with appropriate equipment) and can conduct a physical survey and produce an accurate survey map of the area (about 5rai) please, also PM me. I'm happy to pay for any services rendered. (Phuket area.)

Any general information or thoughts on this subject please post on open forum. Thanks.

You might want to try www.pointasia.com its a Thai version of Google Earth. I'm not sure if it can do all that you ask but its free and has much better imagery of Thailand (outside of Bangkok too) than Google Earth.

Hi Quiksilva, I've been tring to open the pointasia site without success. Maybe my connection is too slow. I'll check it out later thanks.

Okay I just checked it does have a distance and area measurement tool.

When I compared its results to some known measurements of properties I am selling, it does not seem too far off, its not accurate enough for professional work though, but it'll do for an approximation.

If you are a surveyor (with appropriate equipment) and can conduct a physical survey and produce an accurate survey map of the area (about 5rai) please, also PM me. I'm happy to pay for any services rendered. (Phuket area.)

The land department provides this service for a small fee.

I have done survey work professionally but of course not in Thailand. Seems odd that you would want lat and long.....what's it for....are you sure you need it?....if its for some legal requirement it seems to me unlikely that using an online map service would provide adequately referenced data for legal use...but of course this is Thailand and maybe here its acceptable so long as the appropriate "fees" are paid.....I'm just curious.

chownah

Okay I just checked it does have a distance and area measurement tool.

I downloaded the required software and accessed the images but, unfortunately, the area I am interested in is not well covered. An interesting product nevertheless. Thanks.

I have done survey work professionally but of course not in Thailand. Seems odd that you would want lat and long.....what's it for....are you sure you need it?....if its for some legal requirement it seems to me unlikely that using an online map service would provide adequately referenced data for legal use...but of course this is Thailand and maybe here its acceptable so long as the appropriate "fees" are paid.....I'm just curious.

chownah

Basically I want to verify an area of quite densly forrested land which is of irregular shape. I have a survey which I am sure is not accurate, for example one of the boundary lines from point A to point B is out by about 25 degrees by compass when compared with the paperwork. I would like to have the boundaries as ascertained by GPS drawn on a sat image to compare this with the "survey" and with the physical characteristics of the land. Also, I would like to have another survey done by someone reliable.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...